PDA

View Full Version : Who are the body/sheet metal pro's here?

LaurelHighTim
04-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking about ordering a Brute Kit in the fall.

I'll need some one to do alot of the work for me.

So with that said, I want to see what you can do.

I want to get some one to do sheet metal work on a TJ Tub Trailer Project for me that will be kinda like this.

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=16472&highlight=trailer

I already have the clean tub sections, and they are trimmed very close to where they need to be. I just need some one who is good with fitment/welder/body cement to get this assembled, primered, and painted where needed.

2004 TJ Tub Main Section
1998 TJ Tub Front Section
TJ Frame Piece (need front finished to a V and a hitch)
CJ7 needs installed into the 2004 Section
Front lower edge needs extended/finished

This does not need to be perfect when done, but the Brute will need to be when I order the kit.

Anyone do this kind of work?

Aaron at Monroe on 51 in Pleasant Hills recommended some custom car shop down by the Sheetz and the guy there said that a Brute build was 100 hrs and 10,000 worth of labor. When I asked him about the tub trailer, he said he does not work on junk like that, while leaning against a rusty bling mobile.

Tim

wozz
04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
It would be a cool project. Why don't you get a welder, teach yourself to weld and save on the labor. Plus the project will mean so much more when you can look someone in the eye and tell them that you did the work yourself.

limegreentj
04-13-2009, 05:53 PM
x2...my advice would be exactly that. Also, if you don't know how to fab on a vehicle I can't see spending a shitload of money on a brute kit, then spending a shitload of money on labor. Just take your time and do it yourself, and if you don't think you can do it, start out building/doing easier stuff.

highlandercj-7
04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
You mean like this ;)http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/1097402121.html

john00TJ
04-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Neat idea, I could do it for you but would want to see the parts and stuff to discuss it before I could give you an estimate ..LMK

RalphDogg
04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
"When I asked him about the tub trailer, he said he does not work on junk like that, while leaning against a rusty bling mobile."

i don't understand your sarcasm, a guy that builds cars won't make you a trailer that you saw on the internet.

LaurelHighTim
04-14-2009, 10:48 PM
"When I asked him about the tub trailer, he said he does not work on junk like that, while leaning against a rusty bling mobile."

i don't understand your sarcasm, a guy that builds cars won't make you a trailer that you saw on the internet.

My sarcasm is that the guy was not interested at all, like what am trying to do is some how not worth his efforts etc. It would take tons and tons and tons of work to refinish the rust bucket that he was putting tires and wheels on for some guy.

Leady
04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Thats pretty awesome, you should definatly look into a welder and do it yourself. If not I'm sure one of us would do it. I might even do it depending on when you want it done.

Mac5005
05-28-2009, 03:07 AM
I have a buddy in Mt. Lebanon that will do it.

Shane Greenwood, of Greenwood Automotive. He does alot of high end restorations, and does really good work repair work also. This would be a project right up his alley.

PM me if you want his number and I'll be glad to give it to you. Just be sure to tell him I told you to call.

Scott