PDA

View Full Version : The governor at work...

Bill
04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09104/962772-100.stm

shamrok911
04-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I was watching that fat oxygen thief on the news earlier. It really pisses me off when someone I DIDN'T VOTE FOR starts spouting some b.s. like this. And I think D.C. did what he's saying the municipalities in PA should do, & it was overturned as unconstitutional if I remember correctly...

It's unfortunate that this is one of those extremely polarizing and frustratingly circular arguments, but in the end the kinds of laws he's advocating only seem to 1, give the public a false sense of security & 2, put that public at a disadvantage when it comes to defending themselves. If I understood his rhetoric, specifically where he was talking about semi-automatic pistols with "clips" (God I hate the continuous mis-use of that term), it would seem that an "assault weapons ban", even if only in certain jurisdictions, is their point of entry into the 2nd Amendment with more sweeping curtailments to surely follow. I wish that didn't sound like most of the form letter fire-starter I get in the mail from the NRA, but it seems that they hit that nail on the head.

I'm tired, 0530 is really effin soon. That is all for now.

Thanks Bill, I'll be havin nightmares of Rendell sodomizing Charlton Heston tonight... :biggrin:

Bill
04-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I think I agree with you, for the most part!

I think that he is doing nothing more than wasting his breath on this... Well, and wasting our money defending the laws that will obviously be overthrown after the lawsuits. What he is proposing is going to get tossed. It is just not right to violate the Constitution. I wish he would put that much effort into promoting the laws that we already have on the books.

Promote a law that mandates tougher MANDATORY sentencing when a firearm is used in the commission of a crime and I would be all for that!!!

Bill
04-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Oh, and quit thinking about man-on-man action before you go to bed. Thats just wrong!

shamrok911
04-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Oh, and quit thinking about man-on-man action before you go to bed. Thats just wrong!

At least you can knock 'em down when I set 'em up for ya!!

And tougher mandatories would be a good thing, especially since the PA prison system is adding something like 6,000 beds. Like you said, a great start would be to actually enforce what's on the books already. Looks like we'll have to wait & see if he can shoe horn any new gun legislation with everything else going on...

Leady
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
he's probably just trying to make himself look better by doing this. More of a publicity stunt than anything...

HoodRN
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Gov. Spendell is about as useful as a potted plant. The legislation he proposes would require a re-write of the state constitution, since the constitution has anti-preemption language in it. No local laws can override state laws. Pittsburgh and Philly try it on a regular basis, but all they manage to do is quietly pay out judgments after the fact. Bottom line, the governor is a useless dickhead.

Bill
04-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Lucky me... I get to spend some time in the presence of the gold ol' governor tomorrow. I would love the opportunity to discuss this issue out with him, but I am sure that is not going to happen.

commando72
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Lucky me... I get to spend some time in the presence of the gold ol' governor tomorrow. I would love the opportunity to discuss this issue out with him, but I am sure that is not going to happen.

Met Good old "Ed" a few years ago. Felt like I shook the hand of a Mobster. He is simply a "good old boy politician" and I don't mean he is any way a redneck. I mean he is an old-school opportunist who simply pushes himself on everyone.

shamrok911
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM

Lucky you indeed. Not sure I could get past the CheezWhiz breff...:puke:

I saw on the news last night how gun sales were up like 30 - 40 percent & the shop where KDKA was doing interviews had a picture of Obama on the counter & wrote "Salesman of the Month - 4 months running!" under it.