PDA

View Full Version : Sober tonight

gilly95
04-16-2009, 09:17 PM
I posted this drunk last night.. but I do have a couple of real questions...

I have a replacment frame for my 95 YJ... I'm geting it blasted and I'm going to paint it. Who recommends what to paint the frame, Chassis Saver or POR-15??? Any tips for painting the inside of the frame??

Also, my rear crossmember is junk and I have to replace it. I was thinking of welding a peice of 2x3 or 2x4 rec tube in place of the rear crossmember or should I go with a plate like M.O.R.E. sells and bolt my rear bumper to that?

I got told last night to use c-channel instead of tube, but I think the tube will be cleaner and easier to fab.

any input would be greatly appritated

gilly95
04-16-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.mountainoffroad.com/Catalog/FramePlates/framep2.htm

heres the link to the M.O.R.E. plate

tjblair
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I always use por15.

wozz
04-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Sober tonight

I'm sorry.

But to answer your question I've had bad luck with eastwood's chassie saver. This was before it was an epoxy based I think. I plan to you por 15 on the scrambler.

Deadman 94 xj
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Another vote for POR. I haven't used CS but I know a few that have and have had great results. I guess you can't go wrong with either.

mxg342
04-17-2009, 07:45 AM
I guess I understand your question a little more now.

As far as tube goes, It would be stronger than the MORE plate. However it is going to be a headache when you start bolting bumpers, body mounts, etc to it since it will be a double wall. I'd say you'll have a stronger setup with the rectangular tubing and if you plan everything out, the other stuff won't be an issue.