PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a place...

Ronin152
05-05-2009, 11:36 PM
which has alot of smooth trails. I have been riding hartwood alot and have been getting a little bored of it. Also there is just too many roots and you just can't get any flow going. Is there any place around pittsburgh which has smoother trails?

limegreentj
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
what about rails to trails.....or the great allegheny passage trail (i think its called)

2002wranglerX
05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
the upper loop at north park is really fast. fairly wide and smooth.

Koto buki trails are flowy and fun

there's a fun new loop up by the water tower...

let me know if you want to go. I'll show you around.

Ronin152
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Well, I went up to this place in CO near Durango and it was all like smooth packed dirt but the trail was like only about as wide for one bike. It was really smooth and fast but sorta technical because there were bushes / drop offs on both sides of you. I am sorta looking for that same type of place out here. How is boyce park? I want stuff that is MTB but just more flowy then slow and bumpy.

limegreentj
05-05-2009, 11:53 PM
ohhhh i gotcha

2002wranglerX
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Ok, flowy single track.

again, i have to recommend NP. Not the upper loop by pool. you can ride what i call "fern gully". you start behind the church on top of the hill and ride through the hills. There are some log lifts though. that's pretty fast and flowy. it's the trail that goes away from the bathtub loop.

Kotobuki is a non bench cut trail with lots of switch backs and some flowy sections. it's very single track.

Although, the bathtub loops is fun too. Plus after you ride cardiac hill to up near the water tower you get a REALLY fun downhill for a while.

Morraine is torture if you don't like slow technical stuff. Lots of transitions from rocks to rocks. I've only ridden boyce once and it was ok. I don't know the trails as well.

There's some fun stuff up in Butler. I don't know them well enough to even tell you how to get to them. I followed a buddy.

I didn't really enjoy frick that much. seemed like i was forever climbing.

Ronin152
05-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Sounds good, I will check out northpark. Thanks. Once you go out west, stuff here never seems the same.

jeepxj3
05-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Try Deer Lakes, very little rocks, but alot of hills. I rode it today, and although the trails were really wet, they were pretty decent.

2002wranglerX
05-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Try Deer Lakes, very little rocks, but alot of hills. I rode it today, and although the trails were really wet, they were pretty decent.

where were you riding? I'd go check it out.

RKBacka
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
You could always try the Time Trial loop at Bavington. I haven't ridden there this year yet but It was a very fast paced single track. a few hill climbs but very quick or you can do the figure 8 loop at bavington also. Both are very quick single track.

trailerrails
05-06-2009, 07:03 PM
You could always try the Time Trial loop at Bavington. I haven't ridden there this year yet but It was a very fast paced single track. a few hill climbs but very quick or you can do the figure 8 loop at bavington also. Both are very quick single track.

x2 for smooth trail

Sycotik Skier
05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
alameda park in butler had some flowy, not so technical trails but i'm not sure what's left after they did all the renovating/picnic shelters. From what i remember Bavington Time trial was very smooth and fast but that was years ago.-

2002wranglerX
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
alameda park in butler had some flowy, not so technical trails but i'm not sure what's left after they did all the renovating/picnic shelters. From what i remember Bavington Time trial was very smooth and fast but that was years ago.-

that's it. alameda is fun. small but fun.

village_idiot
05-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Used to ride some of dear lakes trails on my bmx bikes when i had them, and they are okay, I think i would have enjoyed them more on a proper bike though.

xeccllc
05-07-2009, 12:23 AM
montour trail.. smooth trails,, they run from moon twnshp to bethel park.. through mcmurray canonsburg, cecil, etc pretty nice trails and scenery

2002wranglerX
05-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Used to ride some of dear lakes trails on my bmx bikes when i had them, and they are okay, I think i would have enjoyed them more on a proper bike though.

i found a pic of you doing that

http://kaworu.com/lj/bmxbandits.jpg

RKBacka
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Thats an awesome picture! lol

village_idiot
05-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Hello 1984! No, i just dressed like a normal asshole kid, t-shirt, blue jeans or shorts and a pair of converse.