PDA

View Full Version : My clockspring

limegreentj
05-10-2009, 12:13 PM
i dont know if this is the right place to post this but:

some of you may know that the clockspring in my tj went bad, And me being the cheap bastard that i am i took it out. After i took it out i removed the tiny torx screws and separated the case, after separating the case i then removed the small electric box that the ribbon wire goes into, then separated the box by pulling the small plastic tabs out and popping it apart, I then removed the broken wire and took the remaining end of the wire and burned the coating off of the copper wire with a lighter, re-soldered the wires down (pain in the ass) and then put the clockspring back together, before you put the clockspring back in the vehicle be sure to re-center it (turn it one way SLOWLY until it stops. then turn it the opposite way SLOWLY while counting how many rotations until it stops, then turn it back half way) for instance, mine turned 5 times so i went back 2.5 times, then put it all back together

here is how you get the thing off.
http://www.links4jeeps.com/writeups/clockspring/

ALSO BE SURE TO DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES, AS YOU WILL BE REMOVING THE AIR BAG!!!

limegreentj
05-19-2009, 08:40 PM
seems to still be working, moving it in and out of my garage and the few very short drives i've taken it on.