PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Jumps/Park Riding

Dozer45
05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Are there any open Dirt Jump trails that people are ok with mtn bikers riding, and also, is anyone into riding pittsburgh street, or skateparks? Im from north of PGH and have been out of the Riding scene for a while... Im looking to make some new riding buddies and locations.

MF Steve!
05-26-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416

jeepxj3
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Rays Indoor bike park, and 7Springs are the only 2 places that have Dirt Jump parks that I know of.

limegreentj
05-27-2009, 06:46 AM
northmoreland parks BMX track...except tuesday nights when the races are

doublejz
05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
northmoreland parks BMX track...except tuesday nights when the races are

stay off that track, that is where I run my RC car :-P

Sycotik Skier
05-27-2009, 04:02 PM
south park still have a BMX track. That place was soooo much fun

limegreentj
05-27-2009, 05:05 PM
i havent been to south parks bmx track in 10 years...man that makes me feel old

Sycotik Skier
05-27-2009, 09:56 PM
it's been probably 7 or 8 since I've been there. I always seemed to wreck myself there.

Shodan
05-28-2009, 09:13 AM
The track at South Park was just redone last summer and there is a brand new skate park right next to it.

To the OP, check with your local bike shop for dirt jump places near you. Like wheelers, they may want to keep the location private until they know you. I'm not into the dirt jump part of it, but I'm impressed by the time and effort they put into making the jumps.

Shodan
05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Dirt jump riding is one of the many activities on my list that I enjoy watching but don't have the ballsl and/or skill to do.

notmYJ
05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
FYI, the South Park BMX track is considered one of the hardest tracks on the NBL circut. Thats the reason the NBL Nationals are held here every year. And yeah, its been a few years since I was on the track. I pass it nearly every day though....

trailerrails
05-28-2009, 03:46 PM
The slag dumps next to Frick park have some dirt jumps as well as there south side slopes have some sick jumps. I have not been up there in a few years, it sounds like they built it a lot bigger. The slag dumps are more MTB friendly.

limegreentj
05-28-2009, 04:18 PM
i dunno if our trails are still up in the heights but they were pretty badass, right by the wal-mart....if any of you heights or butler guys ever heard of the kalamazoo trails

Sycotik Skier
05-28-2009, 08:02 PM
i had heard of them never rode them though. There was the meridian station dirt trails but I think that they are a thing of the past. Urban is always fun

limegreentj
05-28-2009, 08:04 PM
street riding used to be my thing...i wish i wasnt so banged up from bmx, dirtbikes and quads, i'd still ride bmx today....i'll never be too old for dirt bikes though

Leady
05-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I used to ride BMX a lot when I was younger. We built trails here in Washington that kids still ride, which is cool to see considering I spent a few entire summers down there with my friends. I was actually at the southpark skatepark not too long ago and I don't like the new BMX track. They took out the huge tabletop dude how can you do that? that was my favorite shit.

Anyone here been to the PUSH trails before they were torn down?

arctcknight
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
once i get there ill be hitting the streets at least daily.
here is my bike (old picture though)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn299/arctcknight/l_ba5bc6c345ac6cc7449a5ea253e55a62.jpg

Sloth_Fratelli
11-28-2009, 12:34 AM
theres a ton of trails in the woods in like industrial parks and that... but unless your in with kids that know about the trails its hard to find out. property owners love to destroy dirt trails. and does anybody from bethel/south hills remember push? it was like 5-10 minutes from south park BMX over closer to baptist road by where hills was. all that was behind my grandmas house. i used to stand out there for hours and watch guys ride, turns out its like a legent now and all kinds of guys who are on the x-games ant that junk rode there

2002wranglerX
12-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Dr. J is a good downhill in NP, there's a killer downhill run in moraine that i can show you (lots of drops and hucks), and there's the sand pits in NP if you like to huck.

we're going to ray's int he next few weeks. i hit ya up on facebook.

tanz45
12-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I miss trail riding....Being 6'2 205 now sucks.

I built a bike last year and never even rode it. $800 bucks down the tubes.

Avoid Frame
Ditch Forks
Profile Crank
Slam Bars
etc.....

mrdylanr
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM
by south park there is a small set of trails, new push is across from old push, in the south side you have incline trails (the guys from thick bikes and bennet, todd walk ride there from time to time, also have little boston along the yough river trail. Most of these are well known at the local bike shops and can be used for mtb and bmx. If you want i can show you around someday.

2002wranglerX
01-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I miss trail riding....Being 6'2 205 now sucks.

I built a bike last year and never even rode it. $800 bucks down the tubes.

Avoid Frame
Ditch Forks
Profile Crank
Slam Bars
etc.....

try 6'3" 250+!!!!

i'm out there killin it!..... it's not down the tubes, bring it out man!!!!

arctcknight
09-13-2010, 09:48 PM
im looking to get an urban group together for hitting downtown or anywhere else for that matter.

pghchamp
09-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Are there any open Dirt Jump trails that people are ok with mtn bikers riding, and also, is anyone into riding pittsburgh street, or skateparks? Im from north of PGH and have been out of the Riding scene for a while... Im looking to make some new riding buddies and locations.

i still hit up skateparks/skate around the city. mckinley has nice little park(off bausman st), polish hill has a decent bowl, or imperial (i'ts big).
me and my buddy's might be goin to south park this weekend if you'd want to go with us let me know...

HoodRN
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Dr. J is a good downhill in NP, there's a killer downhill run in moraine that i can show you (lots of drops and hucks), and there's the sand pits in NP if you like to huck.

we're going to ray's int he next few weeks. i hit ya up on facebook.

What he said :). Dr. J is a good downhill, and Moraine is just plain fun almost everywhere :).

2002wranglerX
09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
What he said :). Dr. J is a good downhill, and Moraine is just plain fun almost everywhere :).

every time i ride moraine i say i'm not going back. i've tried it on my 29er, and now i'm on a sub 30lb 6" travel full sus bike...

every time i hate life lol

mangotango
09-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Ditto on Northmoreland. I used to ride there a lot. Like was said above, don't go on Tuesdays. Also, if it has rained quite a bit, I wouldn't bother. The openning stretch gets so muddy you can't pedal through it. It's a smaller track, set up for races, but you can catch some good air on the jumps. If you're more adventurous, Northmoreland has miles of horseback riding trails that go throughout the park but your quads had better be packin' their A game to get up the hills.

Sycotik Skier
09-14-2010, 06:19 PM
When does Ray's MTB open?

HoodRN
09-14-2010, 10:21 PM
When does Ray's MTB open?

Opened in October last year...

lvm
01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Imperial is a nice park otherwise I'm not really sure about local north of Pittsburgh jumping.

cityslicker
03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I used to ride and dig out at push. SLeeper was out there all the time too... I used to murder myself on the 8pack..... it was hard as concrete.

I'd like to get a mountain bike... whats good with that?

Sycotik Skier
03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
for what kinda riding? I was riding a trek ticket at Rays on sunday and it was perfect for that place

cityslicker
03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I DON'T REALLY KNOW,trails and jumps I guess.