PDA

View Full Version : looking for 90 to 95 yj for under 5 grand

JEEPPATRIOT
12-03-2004, 02:59 PM
hello everyone i just joined the group. well haven't been able to go on any run's yet.cause well i've been overseas fighting in this war. i bought a 2004 tj sport while i was home on r and r, but its just to pretty and new to take offroading. so i'm looking for an older yj. prefferably a 90 to 95 sport. if anyone knows anyone that has one for sale please let me know. i'll be home before the end off the month hopefully. so just contact me on here. thank u very much

corrie

2004 patriot blue tj sport

OverkillZJ
12-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Hi Corrie,

Email Brandon (LordAthens) - he's selling his 89 (i think 89) YJ.

It needs work, but what I do know is that the tranny and engine are fantastic, and it has an HP30 front.

A bit of work, you could make it an offraod beast. I think he was starting at $2500 too.

LordAthens
12-04-2004, 12:13 AM
It's a 92 ;)

It's a base model "S", not a sport so it has the 4 popper vs the 6 cylinder. FWIW, as a personal preference, for a trail rig I'd rather have the 4cyl. FAR less weight up there and it still has plenty of grunt.

You can see all of the details on it in the Marketplace forum.

Drop me a line at supremecommand@hotmail.com or a PM and we'll discuss :)

GeneralTso
12-21-2004, 11:26 PM
hello everyone i just joined the group. well haven't been able to go on any run's yet.cause well i've been overseas fighting in this war. i bought a 2004 tj sport while i was home on r and r, but its just to pretty and new to take offroading. so i'm looking for an older yj. prefferably a 90 to 95 sport. if anyone knows anyone that has one for sale please let me know. i'll be home before the end off the month hopefully. so just contact me on here. thank u very much

corrie

2004 patriot blue tj sport

I came across a 94 YJ with around 70K miles at a dealership called Heckman's Auto Sales on Rt. 22. It was a black 5 speed 6 cylinder with a cool aftermarket hardtop and half doors that had a hard plastic upper half with the sliding windows instead of the zipper. They were asking around $9K in the ad (!@#$#$@) but they quickly came down to $6700, and it seemed like they'd go lower.

It drove nice and seemed to be well cared for...I almost bought it, but then I found my CJ (www.jeffrimland.com/cj7/) and bought that instead.

Here's the link to it on AutoTrader:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=174563703&dealer_id=566831&car_year=1994&make=JEEP&distance=50&max_price=10000&model=WRANGLER&advcd_on=n&end_year=2005&min_price=8000&address=15206&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1981&color=&cardist=19

I'm sure you can find a better deal in the private market if you keep looking, but this doesn't seem bad from a dealer....

Jeff

'82 Jeep CJ7
'98 Jeep XJ