PDA

View Full Version : Beer Sumit

Wrecker
07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09211/987371-84.stm

So most of us have seen cops over react and African Americans over react. This is what it sounds like to me. Having flown home from Japan once I know how tired I was and if I found my door jammed I might be a little irratable. The cop was doing his job. He might not like dealing with a grumpy college professor. So I ask what is the Presidents excuse for making careless comments that only inflame tension between police and and African Americans? I am sure that a police officer has already had his action referred as stupid since this.

Discuss freely

beat1078
07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Really?? Because everyone will walk out of that holding hands and singing together, right?

Someone with half an ounce of common sense should realize that the police are going to act on information they have received. They were called to the house and he was there. The police department does not keep a file of photographs that correlate to the owners of homes or businesses.

This type of stuff happens every day and never makes the news. The opinions should have been kept behind closed doors.

I don't think that anything will come of it except a lot of press.

Super Scout
07-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Its kinda absurd, I have been stopped by police before whether it was for speeding, being loud at a party, being questioned about something,etc. Every time I was polite I never get mouthy or insulting I even thank them when they hand me my ticket. They are doing their jobs and some people think everyone is out to get them. Granted i'm white but I know several police officers and none of them are racist. These people could have a gun pulled on them at any moment and are on their guard so it someone is hostile to them they will react. The more i read about this the more it pisses me off if I were in the same situation I would of thanked the officer for doing his job explained myself and showed ID. Probably ask him what kinda gun he carried too. That professor has an ego and a mouth thats why he got arrested not because he is black.

Muzikman
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok, don't get me started again. I finally calmed down from this shit.

Let me put it this way and I hope I don't end up sounding racist, because I don't think I am.

The president made his comment because a reporter asked him about it. Now. if Obama was a white man, the question wouldn't even have been asked. Who the Boston police arrests is of no interest of the President so there is no need to even ask about it. They asked because Obama is black and that reporter knew that he would get a comment and he did. What the president should have said was "That is a Boston police matter and has nothing to do with me." Instead the reporter got just want he wanted, a comment stating that the police were wrong and Gates was right. I am sure the president was not briefed on the incident. I am sure he did not know the entire story. I am guessing the information he based his comment on was what he heard in the news.

Bottom line, what a city police department does is no business of the president. Period.

r6cyclegal
07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Just wait what happens if Gates ever calls and says someone is breaking into his house. The police shouldn't go and maybe they could call Obama and he could respond and help Gates. He has a jet and could get there fast!

Shodan
07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Waste of beer. How long would the Texas hick jokes go on if GW would have suggested having some beers?

Super Scout
07-30-2009, 01:45 PM
It just an attempt at Obama to make himself seem like a regular guy. It will probably be some imported raspberry peach flavored lite beer. I highly doubt he would be sitting out back the white house with an Ice cold PBR or keystone in his hand.

r6cyclegal
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Does anyone seriously think the police were wrong in this???

Muzikman
07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
It depends on which side you believe. However, it's not like the cop beat the shit out of him or something. He just arrested him. This would have been a non issue with Gates would have just kept his mouth shut and fought the charges in the proper way.

OverkillZJ
07-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't care who's right or wrong, as much as I care... WHY IS THE PRESIDENT INVOLVED WITH THIS ANYWAY?

r6cyclegal
07-30-2009, 02:29 PM
The president is involved because:
1. He thinks the cops were wrong.
2. He doesn't know what is his business and what isn't
3. He didn't keep his mouth shut.
Oh I'm sure you can come up with lots more reasons!!

Wrecker
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
I think Obama is having Bud and Gates is having a Red Stripe. I forget what the PD is having. It is an important too.

Deadman 94 xj
07-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't care who's right or wrong, as much as I care... WHY IS THE PRESIDENT INVOLVED WITH THIS ANYWY?

This ^

Obama opened his mouth, again, and said something stupid. The cop did nothing wrong and was simply following protocol. Anybody that thinks otherwise isn't aware of his back ground.

The ONLY reason obama is pulling this beer crap is to take away the negative attention from his F up and turn into a "what kind of beer will he drink" BS. It's just another attempt to manipulate us and everyone is falling right into it, again.

Deadman 94 xj
07-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Also, the only good thing to come out of this was the black female democrat, on the news, saying that she would not vote for obama in 2012. hehe.

tjblair
07-30-2009, 03:30 PM
I think Obama is having Bud and Gates is having a Red Stripe. I forget what the PD is having. It is an important too.
yup, yup,and blue moon

DMG
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
The president made his comment because a reporter asked him about it. Now..

Obama approved every question in advance and likely suggested that question.