PDA

View Full Version : Little Gems From "Obama-Care" Bill

notmYJ
08-04-2009, 01:30 AM
This was posted on another forum I frequent. Yeah, this looks promising......

This shit is scary.....

This basically pulls out the bad stuff in the bills and makes it easy for the average Joe to understand... =)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2300451/posts

-or-

full version of the bill with all the CRAP pointed out:

http://www.liberty.edu/media/9980/attachments/healthcare_overview_obama_072909.pdf

• Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not available, you will be required to take the gov option!
• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
• Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
• Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
• Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll <>BR • Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
• Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
• Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
• Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
• Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
• Page 241: Doctors: no matter what speciality you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
• Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
• Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
• Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
• Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
• Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
• Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
• Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
• Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
• Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
• Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
• Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
• Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
• Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
• Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
• Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
• Page 425: Goverment provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
• Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
• Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
• Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
• Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
• Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
• Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.

Obama, "We are not wanting to take over healthcare, just offer another option."

FAWK YOU, YOU LYING PIECE OF SHIT. JUST LIKE YOU WERENT GONNA RAISE TAXES ON THE MIDDLE CLASS? Hang on to your wallets, folks.... The tax increases are on the way. The himhaw over the weekend by Geitner was their was of "letting us down softly" so that when they do hike the taxes, they can say, we warned you it might have to happen.

village_idiot
08-04-2009, 02:41 AM
If this passes, I will be moving to either Canada or Ireland. Jesus Christ I hate that black bastard.

OverkillZJ
08-04-2009, 08:47 AM
"Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives." Rumor has it that includes part timers, and might be taken to the level of contracotrs

Buck Ofama.

SirFuego
08-04-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't support national health care and I honestly haven't read the bill, but there seems to be a LOT of tinfoil hat wearing in this "summary" based on the way a lot of this has been worded...

• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
So people don't go to the emergency room for every papercut? Or call an ambulance for a chipped tooth? I would want more details on what they mean by "rationed"

• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
Isn't that the way things are now?

Like we were issued a SS card? I'll bet these cards are even linked to our medical records -- which Uncle Sam will have access to? Oh how bad would that suck if I was taken to the ER unconcious and they had immediate access to my past medical records.

• Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
Admittedly scary, but does it provide for any authorization to use it? Just because they have access to something doesn't mean that it will be used. I'd bet dollars to donuts the gov't already has this access -- but they don't use it because they weren't authorized to do so...

• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
We would already subsidizing everyone elses health plans...

• Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
• Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
I'm guessing this is to make things easier to manage. What are the "rules" anyways? A number of non-health care companies already need to conform to gov't "rules" (think environmental regs).

• Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
If they are on medicaid, they are already on gov't support...

• Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
Comments like this one in bold make me a bit leary as to how many of these comments were taken out of context. The "theory" behind this whole thing is that if the gov't provides a low-cost alternative to private insurers, it will force prices to decrease across the board. My personal feeling is that the gov't healthcare will be so crappy that you are better off paying more for a private insurance.

• Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
If that's the case, wouldn't doctors in essence be gov't employees? Forcing them to work no more than 40 hours/week...

• Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
• Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
• Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
• Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll <>BR • Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
• Page 167: Any individual who doesnt' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
These statements contradict each other.

I'm done here with this post. Yes, this may look scary, but like I said, I would be very leery of how many of these statements were taken out of context before making any decisions. The part that sucks is that the only unbiased way to really understand the bill will be to read it in its entirety -- which is probably difficult due to a bunch of legal speak.

Super Scout
08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
I agree I hate that black bastard.

SirFuego
08-04-2009, 09:45 AM
"Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives."Take a look at page 148 of the health care bill. Employees are allowed to opt-out of the auto-enrollment...

So yes, the employer is required to auto enroll the employee in the plan with the "lowest applicable employee premium", but the employee is well within his rights to waive that. It also says that the employee must be notified of his opt-out rights as well. So it essentially puts the personal responsibility onto the employee to decide which plan he wants.

This is exactly the type of "out of context" comments I was referring to. The fact that this single comment was taken out of context, makes me even more leery of how many of the comments in the original list follow suit.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/aahca.pdf

SirFuego
08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
The bill says that an ID may be needed to verify services the person is eligible for. It may or may not say it somewhere else, but on page 58 it definitely doesn't say or imply that everyone will be issued a healthcard...

SirFuego
08-04-2009, 10:16 AM
• Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!This is part of the "Essential Benefits Package" section that defines the minimum benefits any healthcare package must provide. The section in question says that individuals may not pay more than $5000 (families are $10000) per year in cost sharing (this limit is adjusted yearly based on the CPI). From my understanding, this is restricting the amount of money the insurance company can force their customer to pay in any given year in co-payments/co-insurance. Nowhere does it imply that health care will be rationed.

I should note that if you ignore the paragraph before the one in question (that defines what is being "limited"), it could easily be construed as imposing limits on how much you can use the health care system...

Shodan
08-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately this bullshit will taint the phrase "healthcare reform" forever, and the type of healthcare reform that IS necessary will be dismissed as more government crap and automatically written off.

DMG
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
If this passes, I will be moving to either Canada or Ireland. Jesus Christ I hate that black bastard.

I guess there is some good to be had from Obama-Care. Better apply for that work visa now, unless you plan to sneak in.

OverkillZJ
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Color of skin has nothing to do with it, I know plenty of white retards as well. Only difference is they're not running the country.

Bird_Flu
08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Well a lot of white retards are running the country, they're in congress.

Christopher
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I can see no reason healthcare reform needs to come from government.
The fact that they want it so bad... so quick... is even more reason to fight it.
Remember the stimulus? Unemployment still went up and car companies were helped right into bankruptcy. Only change was goverment now had control of them

It is not my responseability to pay someone elses healthcare.

If I decide not to pay taxes in protest of healthcare they will arrest me. SO I really can keep my healthcare insurance... I will just have to continue to pay for someone elses also.... Screw that.

We have government programs to fight poverty and programs to fight drugs and we still have problems
Why do we think Govenment can make everthing ok????

how quick did cash for clunkers run out of money? Money they already do not have by the way

And no, private insurance cannot compete against a competitor that does have to profit (they can force more tax money) and can legislate you out of business.

There is no aspect of your life that cannot be regulated with regard to healthcare

How many people come here to get medical care??? how many people are dying on the street from no health coverage???

On A positive note If we do get goverment heathcare reform, Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney can have control of it next election :icon_winkle: