PDA

View Full Version : Access to Marketplace?

muddeprived
10-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I used to be able to post and and stuff in the Marketplace but now I can only browse. Did I do something wrong and get banned or is my account a little out of whack?

Thanks

Chris

Mykal
10-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Replies to posts are turned off if thats what you mean. You have to PM the seller if you want to talk about it.

muddeprived
10-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Replies to posts are turned off if thats what you mean. You have to PM the seller if you want to talk about it.

ahh that's probably why. that's new to me. :)

Thanks

Bill
10-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Sorry, but there were too many folks bashing each other over parts, prices, and just because they wind was blowing in a certain direction. This way works out much better.

Mykal
10-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Agreed.

jackb1
10-20-2009, 08:31 AM
If I post something for sale, I'd rather people be able to post up comments. It keeps the item to the top, always has it showing when you click "new posts", and lets me know if I'm asking a price that is out of line.

FWIW

Ohh well.

OverkillZJ
10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Brian, simple answer is: Hell no, never again.

Folks here got it bad enough that I was going to make it go away. This is the compromise.

It's no different thatn craigs list or ebay, you can't comment there either.

Notice how at the top of the for sale section it says READ ME, REPLIES ARE DISABLED... Just like in the PM notification emails that say ***DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL*** yet 1/4 of people do it anyway.

muddeprived
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM

Folks here got it bad enough that I was going to make it go away. This is the compromise.

It's no different thatn craigs list or ebay, you can't comment there either.

Notice how at the top of the for sale section it says READ ME, REPLIES ARE DISABLED... Just like in the PM notification emails that say ***DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL*** yet 1/4 of people do it anyway.

I didn't even see that. It's funny cuz i read over the marketplace rules three times just to be sure and didn't find anything until you mentioned it said it in the for sale section and NOW i see it.

Thanks for pointing it out. I think it's a good idea too. We still get 3 bumps to keep our item to the top so it's good.

jackb1
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM

It's your rules and I get that. I know they've been disabled for a while but since this came up as a topic, I just thought I'd post my little commentary on why I like to list on a forum format as opposed to CL, Ebay, etc.

Too bad it had to be shut off in the first place. Either a lot of thin-skinned sellers or real D-bags messing with them.

Wrecker
10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Brian, you want feed back? I'll give you all you would get from some people on here.

Thats way to much
It would have been better if you....
Would you like to trade for some junk I cant get rid of?
Are you insane?
Man if I only had the money.
If you still have when.......

It was just the same BS all the time. There are times I wish I could ask a quick question but find it almost as easy to send a pm.

jackb1
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Brian, you want feed back? I'll give you all you would get from some people on here.

Thats way to much That's what she said.
It would have been better if you.... Funny, she said that too.
Would you like to trade for some junk I cant get rid of? No thanks
Are you insane? Maybe just a little. Bluberry bandaid scarf remote stapler
Man if I only had the money. So offer me what you have
If you still have when....... I probably will. My thread isn't getting any replies! :flipoff2:

It was just the same BS all the time. There are times I wish I could ask a quick question but find it almost as easy to send a pm.

I didn't mean to bring up bad memories. Next time I'll just shut up. Maybe

limegreentj
10-20-2009, 10:36 AM
lol/\ hilarity!!!

Wrecker
10-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Brian, you want feed back?I'll give you all you would get from some people on here.

Thats way to much That's what she said. How much did she charge you?
It would have been better if you.... Funny, she said that too. Get you finger out of her ass. What is she a puppet?
Would you like to trade for some junk I cant get rid of? No thanks Did you give at the office
Are you insane? Maybe just a little. Bluberry bandaid scarf remote stapler Can I borrow you tin hat for the next History Uncorked
Man if I only had the money. So offer me what you have A buck two ninety eight.
If you still have when....... I probably will. My thread isn't getting any replies! :flipoff2:Put some pictures of chicks on your stuff. Sex sells even on POR

I didn't mean to bring up bad memories. Next time I'll just shut up. Maybe Nice trying to hide the back talk. Reminds me of the kid when he walks down the hall and says something under his breath.

No bad memories for me. I used to laugh at the Jackasses. Youi like how I tied your name in there. And my use of colors. I am really trying to stay away from doing work today. So no offense intended.

limegreentj
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
lol!!! awesome turn!!!

Bill
10-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Watch your mail. The unabomber is going to get even. He always does.

jackb1
10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I just had a seizure from your pretty colors. Actually, I was just on ebay searching old school Triumph Choppers (and was upset I couldn't post anything on their listings), I got all confused that maybe some LSD had made its way from the pictures to my brain.

I'm trying to escape from work today too. You know how boring insurance can be.

PS. She didn't pay me anything. That isn't what was too much for her. And yes, I really thought she was a puppet. Tin hat can not be sent via. mail. Postal employees have snarflet detectors and will render hat useless.

OverkillZJ
10-20-2009, 07:59 PM
LMFAO! This thread delivers...

2002wranglerX
10-25-2009, 09:59 PM
i post up in OT if i want discussion on a trade or something like that. works fine.