PDA

View Full Version : Pay cuts for bailed out companies.

Muzikman
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091021/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_executive_pay

I think this is the first thing I agree with.

If I am paying for these companies to stay afloat, they need to make a reasonable amount of money. If they don't like it, they can fine works elsewhere like your normal person.

SirFuego
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't agree with the bailouts. However, since they happened, there is nothing more that can be done at this point than to maximize the "benefit" of such a bailout. As far as I'm concerned, once you accept any money from the gov't to keep you afloat, the gov't has every right to monitor and restrict where the money goes.

Same should be true about welfare -- if you get a welfare check, the gov't should have every right to monitor every purchase you make (or any new item you now own) and monitor every dollar of your income. You would then be forced to pay back any "non-approved" purchases or repay your welfare back to the gov't if it's found that your income exceeds whatever the maximum threshold is (note: this would be evident even with "under the table" income because your spending/saving habits would make it apparent that you have money coming from somewhere else).

Christopher
10-22-2009, 12:01 AM
I have some fears...
What I fear is that power of determining peoples income being somehow expanded into private sector and "normalized". I hope it genuine punishment and not a future altering power grab.

I think any gov money, should be such a pain that nobody wants it. corperate or personal welfare. If you take it you get the screwing that comes with it:icon_hang: that is the incentive not to take it. Hopefully
I have friends that employ people. I have heard the "he quit because welfare is easier" scenario more than once.

I am not being un feeling I took unemployment when I lost my job and tried a different carreer. I worked for extra cash and reported it. Every month I would get questioned as to why and where I was making money.

Had I lied or just sat on my rear and did nothing I would have got a check no questions asked.

2002wranglerX
10-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Barney Frank has said he'd support the gov't controlling how much everyone can make, not just those that took tarp money.

Deadman 94 xj
10-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Barney Frank has said he'd support the gov't controlling how much everyone can make, not just those that took tarp money.

Which is BS in my opinion. You start taking away their incentives, than these CEO's run the corps into the ground, along with the US economy. Well, more so than it already is at least.

2002wranglerX
10-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Which is BS in my opinion. You start taking away their incentives, than these CEO's run the corps into the ground, along with the US economy. Well, more so than it already is at least.

or start looking at moving their companies overseas