PDA

View Full Version : 308

cityslicker
11-14-2009, 01:37 PM
anyone got a 308 they wanna get rid of?

joshs1ofakindxj
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Anyone got an AK or SKS they want to get rid of?

DMG
11-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone got an AK or SKS they want to get rid of?

How much do you have to spend?

jackb1
11-16-2009, 05:52 PM

I've been looking too.... problem is I want high-end only and they can get $$$.

Mack
11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I've been looking too.... problem is I want high-end only and they can get $$$.

There really isn't a "high end" AK or SKS. The only thing that differs is the country of origin and the markings. Another thing that differs is the wood the stock is made out of. They're all the same thing, pretty much. With the selection of aftermarket parts, the opportunities are endless. You can buy synthetic stocks for them and all kinds of shit. You can find some AKs in different calibers besides the 7.62x39, but with the way ammo is, or the last time I bought in bulk, I'd stick with that because the way it was the last time I bought it, it was pretty cheap.

By saying there isn't a "high end" AK or SKS, doesn't mean I'm dissing on them or anything. They're not like a 22 rimfire that you can buy dirt cheap or go down the row and throw a couple hundred bucks on another one. With the AKs and SKS's, you'll pay a little more if you find one in really good condition, or with aftermarket stock and so on. They're both great rifles. I own an SKS and I'm happy with it. The only thing wrong with it, is that I bought a 40 round mag for it and I have to shave a little off the stock for it to fit correctly.

cityslicker
11-16-2009, 11:19 PM
There really isn't a "high end" AK or SKS. The only thing that differs is the country of origin and the markings. Another thing that differs is the wood the stock is made out of. They're all the same thing, pretty much. With the selection of aftermarket parts, the opportunities are endless. You can buy synthetic stocks for them and all kinds of shit. You can find some AKs in different calibers besides the 7.62x39, but with the way ammo is, or the last time I bought in bulk, I'd stick with that because the way it was the last time I bought it, it was pretty cheap.

By saying there isn't a "high end" AK or SKS, doesn't mean I'm dissing on them or anything. They're not like a 22 rimfire that you can buy dirt cheap or go down the row and throw a couple hundred bucks on another one. With the AKs and SKS's, you'll pay a little more if you find one in really good condition, or with aftermarket stock and so on. They're both great rifles. I own an SKS and I'm happy with it. The only thing wrong with it, is that I bought a 40 round mag for it and I have to shave a little off the stock for it to fit correctly.

Thats assanine.
Of course there are better makes of aks... Quality of material craftsmanship and construction differs from every country that made them. The best being russian and chinese. then yougoslovian and romanian... saudi... the later mentioned have more stamped metal construction.. and generally low grade quality of steel. less durable and cheaper.

Just because the design is so simple and reliable doesn't make them all equal. .

I don't know why but that statement made me mad as ****.. :021:

what the hell is wrong with me.

jlovbasz3
11-17-2009, 02:49 AM
You can get a mossberg 100atr with wood stock and 3-9 scope at dicks for 299 in 308,or you can get the h&r ultra varmint handi rifle with camo stock and scope for 250.Don't know what brand rifle you want or how much you want to pay,but there's a start.Or,
http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/default.aspx?pg=list&mfg=All&mdl=All&cat=All&type=Rifle&cal=308&fin=All&sit=All

cityslicker
11-17-2009, 10:36 AM
yea, I could just use my mosin nagant, but figured someone may have a nice old used 308 on the cheep... worth an ask

busij44
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Thats assanine.
Of course there are better makes of aks... Quality of material craftsmanship and construction differs from every country that made them. The best being russian and chinese. then yougoslovian and romanian... saudi... the later mentioned have more stamped metal construction.. and generally low grade quality of steel. less durable and cheaper.

Just because the design is so simple and reliable doesn't make them all equal. .

I don't know why but that statement made me mad as ****.. :021:

what the hell is wrong with me.

You are right, quality differs widely depending on country of origin. Russian and Chinese are good, sought after more for collectibilty. Bulgarian, Polish, and Yugos are all high quality. Yugos being the the heaviest built. Romanians are the least expensive, but still decent guns. Don't know much about the Saudis. Lots of info here..http://www.ak47.net/index.html

joshs1ofakindxj
11-17-2009, 04:39 PM

around $400

Hopefully I'm picking up an XD45 next week so that could change.

But I would like to find a Wasr10 double stack ak47 or a norinco sks that takes normal AK mags

cityslicker
11-17-2009, 11:44 PM
around $400

Hopefully I'm picking up an XD45 next week so that could change.

But I would like to find a Wasr10 double stack ak47 or a norinco sks that takes normal AK mags

buy this!!!!! SAIGA-12 AK-47 STYLE SHOTGUN

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4090677654008835909&ei=Rm0DS8OLBZ7cqAKliM2XBQ&q=saiga+ak47+shotgun&hl=en#

I'm in love with it now.

Mack
11-20-2009, 03:45 AM
buy this!!!!! SAIGA-12 AK-47 STYLE SHOTGUN

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4090677654008835909&ei=Rm0DS8OLBZ7cqAKliM2XBQ&q=saiga+ak47+shotgun&hl=en#

I'm in love with it now.

If you want one of those go to Johnson's Gun Depot in Norvelt. Its right by the Westmoreland fairgrounds. They had several when I was there last about a month and a half ago.

ridgerunner97
11-20-2009, 08:41 AM
They still do and i think they are pretty neat, I cannot comment on quality though so who knows. I was just out there yesterday I go to school @ UPG so i swing out there at least once a week at lunch time see what they got.

joshs1ofakindxj
11-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Well I got the AK I was looking for today from Dunhams. Gota love black friday shopping.