PDA

View Full Version : ZJ ax15 HELP!!!!!!!

moparfan1
11-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Ok. So here's the lo-down. 96 4.0 zj limited. Doing ax-15/231 swap. Pilot bearing is to small for my crankshaft??!? I thought all 4.0 cranks had the same hole? The pilot bearing came in a napa kit for a 96 xj. What are my options? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Good wheeling.

gonecheenin
11-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok. So here's the lo-down. 96 4.0 zj limited. Doing ax-15/231 swap. Pilot bearing is to small for my crankshaft??!? I thought all 4.0 cranks had the same hole? The pilot bearing came in a napa kit for a 96 xj. What are my options? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Good wheeling.

I heard rumors that some cranks were not actually machined for a pilot bearing, therefore leaving the sizes in consistant.

When I did my 95' ZJ AX15 swap I had zero issues, but then again my engine was a reman so it was probably setup for either or.

You should be able to take a measurement & get a universal one to fit. Or get a bigger one & have it turned down.

BTW: how do you plan to deal with the OBD II check engine light issue once you remove the Transmission signal to the PCM? Or do you live in a non-emissions county where it won't matter?

moparfan1
11-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm gonna hit up napa tomorrow. I have another 4.0 but damn it! O and the check engine. I'm in fayette. No emissions!! I'm also having alittle issue with the pedals. Any suggestions?

gonecheenin
11-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm gonna hit up napa tomorrow. I have another 4.0 but damn it! O and the check engine. I'm in fayette. No emissions!! I'm also having alittle issue with the pedals. Any suggestions?

I bought mine from a wrecked 93'

Still got the whole setup too if you wanna buy any of it.

moparfan1
11-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm definitely interested in checking out what you have. I got an xj pedal assembly and put the pedals on the zJ bracket. Fits but not sure of my positioning to line up with clutch master cylinder!

moparfan1
11-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Anybody? I'm about to pull the engine. DAMN IT!!! Went to napa and a few local favs. Nothing!