PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an M&P?

notmYJ
12-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Well, its time to buy a new gun... I was gonna go with an XDm, but I have been taking a close look at the M&P line. Was wondering if anyone had any first hand expeirience with it. Know where I could rent one, I would like to shoot the 40 and 45, 4" before I buy.

http://www.lipseys.com/eImages/SM109308.jpg

MJSHIPP
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I have the 9mm compack and love it

BigDukeSix
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I was going back and forth between a M&P .45 and a Glock 21. I heard a few bad things about the M&P from several of my friends. We just got a batch of Glock 21's in at work and the initial reports are very good. A friend of mine went to Glock armorer school and the really give these guns a beatdown with no failures. I went with the 21.

BigDukeSix
01-13-2010, 09:11 AM
In the running was the H&K USP as well. I went with the Glock because of what my friend at work said and another friend of mine who is a Parole Agent (parole uses them also). Plus I got a sweet deal on it through some homeland security LE thing. Imay have to get anther come summer, the Glock 30.

Bill
01-13-2010, 08:26 PM
In the running was the H&K USP as well. I went with the Glock because of what my friend at work said and another friend of mine who is a Parole Agent (parole uses them also). Plus I got a sweet deal on it through some homeland security LE thing. Imay have to get anther come summer, the Glock 30.

I have both Glocks and an H&K USP Compact. You should have went with the H&K I love mine. I went with the Glock as a duty weapon, but only because of the lack of adequate retention holsters for the H&K. You will have to come out shooting with us sometime fire off a few rounds.

notmYJ
01-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Dare I say it, but I'm not a fan of Glocks. I owned a 23 for a while, but the grip angle just doesnt feel right. The front sight is always off when I bring it up. But the XD and 1911 front sights are right on target when I bring it up. From what I have found the M&P shares the same grip angle.

BigDukeSix
01-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I have both Glocks and an H&K USP Compact. You should have went with the H&K I love mine. I went with the Glock as a duty weapon, but only because of the lack of adequate retention holsters for the H&K. You will have to come out shooting with us sometime fire off a few rounds.

Believe me, I do like H&K stuff. But the Glock was almost half the price with the discount.
Shooting at a range would be fun.

andrew2516
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Old thread...I know. Did you end up getting the M&P?

I bought an M&P .40 not long ago and love it. I've had 500 rounds through it so far and not one failure. I've shot my friends Glocks in .45 and 9mm, which are nice but just don't feel as good in my hands. I've also shot the Taurus 24/7 Pro in .40 which felt nice also but had a ton of failures.

Also when I bought my sw M&P they had a deal where you could get $50 off or 2 extra clips which was nice.

LordAthens
06-05-2010, 05:34 PM
He ended up with 4" XD 40 (not XDm) like mine. I then copied off of him and got the same holster, a Galco Fletch. Super awesome holster.

commando72
06-13-2010, 11:29 PM
I have been sniffing around the XD 40, what's been upgraded with the XDm? Looking into getting one soon. I have shot two diff M&P one 9mm and the other 40, didn't like either one. Shot a springfield 1911 .45 and it was real nice, but too big to carry and a bit $$$$. Also shot the FMH 5.7, nice fun but way out of my $ range.

BigDukeSix
06-15-2010, 01:38 PM
I carry a Glock 21 now but carried a Springfield 1911 for years. I'm going back to a 1911. I've been shooting the Glock quite a bit and I dont know if it really agrees with me. I'm not sure I like the double action every shot.
I've heard good things about the XD's. My friend hangs around a gun shop that has been getting alot of complaints on the M&P. I love Smith and Wesson revolvers, I have a few, but I've yet to be wowed by any of their automatics.