PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishin

Something
01-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Anyone been going?

I've been out to Lake Arthur a few times...pretty solid ice...atleast 6 inches.

The trusty Swedish Pimple with a wax worm has been good!

jackb1
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Anyone been going?

I've been out to Lake Arthur a few times...pretty solid ice...atleast 6 inches.

The trusty Swedish Pimple with a wax worm has been good!

I'm supposed to be going this weekend. I really don't know much about ice fishing though. I went once 2 years ago, didn't catch anything.

redfox
01-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Around here in Vermont it is a bit to dangerous at some places with the marmer then normal year.

jackb1
01-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I did make it out that weekend. I was the first guy on the ice for the season. At least some guy who followed me out 100' behind me told me that after I set up in the middle of the ice. There wasn't a track in the snow anywhere, so it was probably true. So much snow on the ice, nobody wanted to risk it.

Didn't catch a thing. I have no idea what I'm doing though. I was happy that I bought a gas auger though. It sure beat cranking by hand. Then again, the ice was only about 5" thick opposed to 13" the last time I went so it woudn't have been so bad to do by hand.

I'm hoping to try again, maybe at Lake Arthur, later in the winter.

Something
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
if you head out to lake arthur, let me know and i will join you if i'm free.

i did some regular fishing saturday and caught about 30 crappie and bluegill just below the Shenango dam.

jackb1
01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
The weather doesn't look like it is going to get cold enough again, but I'll let you know if I make it out.