PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Bendtech Pro

justin'sbig7
01-07-2010, 10:50 PM
I just bought bendtech pro tubing design software, anyone else using it? i will see what i come up with here tonight. :032:

limegreentj
01-07-2010, 11:00 PM
too much money for me...lol..its definitely cool though

mudforblood
01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
I have it. It's nice to play around with different designs and ideas before wasting money. I haven't had a chance to mess with it that much though.

If you have a laptop also you can request another key and use it on two computers. I like taking the laptop in the garage to enter base points then just put that file on a flash drive to transfer to the PC.

Make sure you calibrate your dies before you get carried away drawing things. It screws it up some if you go back later to change tool dimensions. Nothing major, just a PITA.

It makes complex parts easy. It makes easy parts way to complex. For the easy parts just make them by hand to fit the rig then punch the dimensions into bendtech later.

Have fun!

OverkillZJ
01-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I have it, and am ashamed to say I haven't used it yet, got it to design a new buggy and got distracted with work, work, and more work...

Steve and I used the basic version for my buggy, like Jeff said, CALIBRATE YOUR DIES, or it's completely useless. That was the non pro version (one piece at a time.)

justin'sbig7
01-07-2010, 11:42 PM
yeah, i am just figuring that out. i'll have to get my dies calibrated, for now i am using rough measurements to get the hang of using it. its a lil tricky here gettin started

mudforblood
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I can't find it now but there's a setting to change the take out of the bend. Like one was from the meeting point of the two straight pieces and the other way is to the center of the radius. It screwed me up until I found where to change it. I think the whole part had to use the same take out style, though you can change it on the next part on the assembly. Does that make sense? haha

john00TJ
01-08-2010, 07:37 PM
i gots it ,its a pretty cool little tool to have ..makes shit alot easier

Christopher
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I can't find it now but there's a setting to change the take out of the bend. Like one was from the meeting point of the two straight pieces and the other way is to the center of the radius. It screwed me up until I found where to change it. I think the whole part had to use the same take out style, though you can change it on the next part on the assembly. Does that make sense? haha

Do you mean the option to use apex or centerline? That got me once but that was in 2d not 3d
Apex involves voodo math so I avoid it

mudforblood
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Do you mean the option to use apex or centerline? That got me once but that was in 2d not 3d
Apex involves voodo math so I avoid it

Yeah, that's it. Once I figured it out it worked good for certain things. Like when making a hoop and you want the radius to stop at a certain point to meet another tube or just not go any higher than a certain point.

I had to go find where it's at. If on an assembly, click the part details tab, highlight a part in the chart, click 3D transfer part. That will open the part by itself, then select apex or tangent in the dim type menu.

There's an apex finder in the help menu that will help explain it too.

13below0
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Have it at work. My boss runs shit with that program. We will have 1" of extra and thats it, he is really good with it. Justin make sure you do the dies.

justin'sbig7
01-10-2010, 08:28 PM
will do. hopefully do it this week here as i am itching to design a few things. it took about an hour and a half to get proficient with it, and theres still a lot i havent figured out or used, but i was able to design a full cage for a cj in about 25 minutes

justin'sbig7
01-22-2010, 10:00 PM
dies are all calibrated and ready to go... i also scored a 1" die for my bender as well

redfox
01-26-2010, 08:40 AM
How much is alot of money? What is the price you paid?

justin'sbig7
01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
more than $3 less than $400 :116:

search for bendtech and youll find their store