PDA

View Full Version : XJ aux. lighting question

ridgerunner97
01-24-2010, 04:18 PM
I just threw two Hella 500's on my front bumper earlier today, got em all wired up etc. ready to rock and roll. I mounted the switch on the right side of the gauge cluster and steering wheel in the dash. My question to other's that may have added these lights or any lights for that matter. Where did you run the grounds from the lights and what did you ground them to, and where did you wind up running the ground for your switch? I have a bad ground somewhere, its either the grounds at the lights, the ground at the relay, or the ground for the switch, just can't find it, and I hate wiring to begin with haha, started raining and I didn't finish it so I said it could wait :) just wondering where you guys ran your grounds and what to. Thanks fellas.

jlovbasz3
01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
i had hella's on my zuki years ago they were on the windshield frame.for the lights i just grounded them to the light bracket were the light bolted and for the switch i used a existing ground that was close to the switch.

offroadin88
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
If they are mounted on the front bumper i would just run extra wire up to the battery and run it off the ground side of the batter. and for the switch i would find a screw that you could ground it off. but you shouldnt need a ground for the switch unless the switch is lite.

abrzrkr
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
If they are mounted on the front bumper i would just run extra wire up to the battery and run it off the ground side of the batter. and for the switch i would find a screw that you could ground it off. but you shouldnt need a ground for the switch unless the switch is lite.So... Would that make it a lite-switch?:118:

offroadin88
01-24-2010, 08:00 PM
haha yes it would make it a light switch