PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunting and Jeeps just seem to go together

HauLeY
01-30-2010, 09:00 AM
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af190/mrrrrrrrj/jeep/027.jpg

Of all of the hunting pictures that I've taken this is my favorite. Believe my I know the size isn't very impressive. It was the first day of rifle and I started a new job and it was the first thing that I saw. Do I get points for the shot being close to 200yrds?

The picture was taken in Ridgway, PA during the 2009 season. This was the first year for my Jeep. Can't believe that I hunted out of a 2006 Nissan Altima the year before. The rack is store bought, but the bumper and reciever are custom. I like the less is more idea.

Well thanks for checking this out. There got to be more pictures like this out there. Hopefully with bigger racks...LOL. Please post them.

EddyB
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Nice buck. Hope you wrapped him in plastic to keep the road grime out of him.

Ragnorox
01-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Nice buck Mike! Got skunked on a buck this year, but did manage a couple does.

trailblaze
01-30-2010, 04:05 PM
nice buck!

speaking of hitch carriers.... i need to fabricate one ASAP. i bought one last yr at gander mountain and it's quality was very poor. i need something strong! half way to camp the wood and cooler were sagging like crazy! i thought it was going to snap. and i doubt i had 100 lbs on it.

HauLeY
01-30-2010, 11:39 PM
I know this isn't offroad but I had to share. This is that same rack on the Sentra that I used to own before the family truckster minivan. Took the family camping and ran out of room. Bought this rack from Harbor Freight for under 50 bucks. Had to buy a 1-1/4 to 2" adapter for the reciever. Notice the yellow strap going into the trunk. I had to run a strap from the rack into the trunk and hooked to the cross member behind the rear seat. It was the only way that I could keep it from dragging. Note sure if it was over a 100 pounds, but the rack held and we made it.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af190/mrrrrrrrj/100_0813.jpg

cjw94xk
01-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Nice buck Mike! and I think I heard someone say that road debris actually doubles as Montreal seasoning. If you or anyone else for that matter has some steaks they wanna part with let me know! lol Looks like a nice setup you have. Those 31's under it? I miss my YJ :(

HauLeY
01-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Nope cjw94xk......33's with 4" lift. Got some work to do on the suspension, but surprizingly it handles well. It's surprizing because I have a bent front leaf, crushed shock, rotted bushings, no extentions on the stabelizer bar, and a transfer case drop plus wedges giving me too much angle on the rear axle........LOL

HauLeY
02-04-2010, 12:08 AM
just a follow-up

I leave the rack from this deer sitting next to the house. Not that it's the best rack, but hey it's the prize. I go to take the garbage out the other day and the anlers are gone. Must have been one of the rooming neighborhood dogs.....SOB :010:

cityslicker
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
If any of yinz got venison they don't need... I would be happy to take it off your hands.. ESP. ground meat.. I love venison chili.. it's the best..