PDA

View Full Version : Winch problems

brent66
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
for a long time my winch would only reel in so i pulled it out today and would not reel in so i tore it all apart and cleaned it out there was alot of mud in there. i taped all of the solenoids and now it works in and out. now does any one have ideas on how to protect them better? is there a way i can keep mud and drit out or should i mount it inside the jeep? i just dont want to be on a trail and have to tear it all apart if i need it

tjblair
01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Stay out of the mud, durrrrrrr.

cjw94xk
01-31-2010, 05:58 PM
are we talking about the electrical connections? If you are I would try some battery terminal protector. It should seal it up pretty well and its spray on so its nice and easy.

brent66
01-31-2010, 06:43 PM
i do stay out of it jeff just sneaks up somtimes haha and im talking about the box where all the solenoids are

village_idiot
01-31-2010, 07:09 PM
try some high temp silicon from graingers, my dad uses it all the time on autoclaves and it doesnt hurt em.

Peccavi18
01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
I mounted my winch box up in the engine bay at the top of the pass fender, it stays dry and clean there. I had to make my own wires from welding wire but it works well. And as a plus allows more air though the grill, with mo extra box blocking flow.