PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Super Swamper LTB 34x10.50x15's??

betrayed93
02-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Im not really sure what my goal or plan is right now but ive been thinking about 34x10.50x15 super swamper ltb's,, Ive heard these things have small lugs up untill you go bigger then 34's? Is that true? Anybody have any experiences with these? Seems like the price is right for them

ridgerunner97
02-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm runnin the 31in variety and i'm more than happy :) go for it, you can't beat the traction for the price.

tjblair
02-24-2010, 11:57 PM
They are crappy road tires but great off road, just depends on what you plan on doing with them. once mine is on the trailer full time I'll probably be going with LTB's up front and bogger's in the rear.

Powerguy37
02-25-2010, 12:05 AM
As others have said, best off-road tire I have run so far, horrible on road.
They are great in mud and rocks. Very thick sidewall. I ran the 34's for about 5 years and loved them. I would not run them as a daily driver tire. I'm considering getting the 35's when its time to replace the tires I have now.

xj jimmy
02-25-2010, 12:13 AM
i know the tsl's work very well and i believe the ltb's are more aggresive.
i say go for it

Sycotik Skier
02-25-2010, 12:17 AM
my next off road tire will be a 35x12.50 ltb. I've seen a lot of people use the 34" ltb, two people I usually wheel with and they love them. It's a great tire for an xj imo

1tonEarlyBronco
02-25-2010, 12:20 AM
I myself have never ran them but my buddy swears buy them he has had 3 sets of them. I ran a set of boggers on the street never do that they are bad for on the street also.

Sycotik Skier
02-25-2010, 12:38 AM
yup i have boggers on my jeep currently, well i did until i put my inspection tires on, and they are miserable on the street.

mxg342
02-25-2010, 08:30 AM
I've never owned a set but I've ran a couple Jeeps that had them. I've never been around a tire that flat spotted as bad as these ones. But offroad traction was great.

dan58
02-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I've never owned a set but I've ran a couple Jeeps that had them. I've never been around a tire that flat spotted as bad as these ones. But offroad traction was great.

x2.

And in a similar size, the Q78s are freaking awesome.

SirFuego
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Run em. I ran the 31" flavor and my buddy is running the 34" flavor. We both loved them. The narrowness of the 34" tire will be easier on the drivetrain, too. I used to (and he currently does) drive on ATs to the trails and swap them on when I get there. This was for trips over 3 hours or so because anything above that was unmanageable. I did make a 6 hour drive on them once back from Rausch after we needed to tow my buddy's Jeep back instead of mine. I swear my head was viibrating for the next two days after finally getting back. He broke trying to pull me off of a stupid like on Trail 5, so I considered that my punishment.

If you don't care about road quality, for tires under 35", they are probably the best tire for east coast wheeling -=- especially when you factor in the fact that they are cheaper than most every other tire in the same size out there. The 35"+ LTBs rock, too, but I wouldn't make the leap to say they are the "best tire" because there are so many aggressive options in that size range, but I digress.

CESCO
02-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I swear my head was viibrating for the next two days after finally getting back.

Now that's funny....

I ran 33" on a full size and they totally suck for road manners, get them offroad and they would hook up pretty well. I have also run the radial Iroks and they did well on and off the street. I have a set of boggers that suck on the road except they always seem to be balanced and still did not get a flat spot in them like the LTB's. My buddy is running the LTB's and that is what he ran at the KOH..

mxg342
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't think I've ever noticed flat spotting on my bias Iroks. I wish they made them in smaller sizes too.

ridgerunner97
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
My LTB's flat spot something fierce, I too wish they made a 33-34in Irok, that would be sweet.

dan58
02-25-2010, 04:04 PM
My LTB's flat spot something fierce, I too wish they made a 33-34in Irok, that would be sweet.

They do. They make a 33 and 35 in radial version.

But what's the point? There are other tires in that size range that run circles around the Irok, and they're actually round.

ridgerunner97
02-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah in a 17in rim...idk I like em, but I like my LTB's also, maybe an LTB radial, now that would be sweet...

muddeprived
02-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Since i'm on my 4th set of these, that should tell ya something. :)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6631.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/cherokee/cotm/DSCF6632.jpg

They got big lugs regardless of the size. Do yourself a favor and throw 10oz of airsoft pellets in each tire if you plan to do any road driving with em.

dan58
02-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Since i'm on my 4th set of these, that should tell ya something. :)

They wear out in a hurry? :039:

LOL

muddeprived
02-25-2010, 07:16 PM
They wear out in a hurry? :039:

LOL

You could say that. :)

I've never officially worn down a set of ltb's cuz i don't drive any more than 1k-3k a year. But they do wear pretty fast.

YZEATER
02-25-2010, 08:33 PM
You could say that. :)

I've never officially worn down a set of ltb's cuz i don't drive any more than 1k-3k a year. But they do wear pretty fast.

they are off road tires, they are made to work there. if anyone wants mileage or decent ride, buy some mall terrains. but then don't wonder why they suck offroad.

xj jimmy
02-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Read something on pirate about the factory that makes the ltb for interco is now shut down?? might wanna jump on them while you have the chance.

RalphDogg
02-25-2010, 09:43 PM
super swamper is the best off road tire and the LTB is at the top of the list.

muddeprived
02-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Read something on pirate about the factory that makes the ltb for interco is now shut down?? might wanna jump on them while you have the chance.

yeah we discussed this over on my other forum too.

Not into 4 wheeling, but read some post and thought I would reply. I work, or did until a couple weeks ago, at Denman Tire. Not on strike, not officially a lockout, just no money. If we dont find a new buyer soon, we will shut down. Yes we made a lot of interco, and all ground hawgs, and most if not all pitbulls. I know we didnt make the thornbirds. Warehouse is about empty. Interco not in trouble, already talking about pulling their molds to make somewhere else. Not sure if this helps any but thats about all I know.

he email that got sent out to every 4 Wheel Parts including my store said that Denman Tires workers are on strike and it will be directly effecting most Super Swamper tires. They said they have some tires stocked in there warehouse but when they run out it could be a long wait to buy Super Swamper tires.

Yes Interco is a separate company but Denman the people who make most there tires are in trouble.

dan58
02-26-2010, 12:57 AM
super swamper is the best off road tire and the LTB is at the top of the list.

That may just be the most laughable statement ever made on the intardnet. There is no "best" tires for offroad. Stickies will run circles around a bogger or tsl in the rocks, and a sticky sucks in the mud. Both are offroad tires. Nothing is perfect, but some do more things better than others. The ltb might be a good compromise with all conditions, but is certainly not "best."

CESCO
02-26-2010, 11:25 AM
that may just be the most laughable statement ever made on the intardnet. There is no "best" tires for offroad. Stickies will run circles around a bogger or tsl in the rocks, and a sticky sucks in the mud. Both are offroad tires. Nothing is perfect, but some do more things better than others. The ltb might be a good compromise with all conditions, but is certainly not "best."

well said

YJIM
03-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I run the bias 34" ltb's on my yj. They flat spot quickly and the dont balance worth a sh%% but they are great in the mud and rocks. the only problem i have is that i can air down to 8psi and still the tire wont compress. I couldnt count the the numbers of times i've had people ask me if i air'd down.

rattlecan78
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
the LTB's are made in china, that's why they are so cheap and Obama is putting a heavy tax on china tires, so what I read said they wouldn't be importing more Ltb's they were lookin for a place in the USA to make em....so if you want em cheap buy em now cuz the price will be goin up if I had to bet on it.

Dragonslayer
03-06-2010, 08:13 PM
KL71's Nuff said