PDA

View Full Version : BeaveRun 3-14-2010

atvboo
03-05-2010, 12:27 AM
on the 14th anyone thinking of going? im still up in the air but i am itchin to get out.

Jeepin'Jones
03-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I want to go, but my jeep is making a grinding noise when in 4wd. I haven't got it into the garage to crawl around under it yet. If it's just u-joints we'll be heading down.I got my fingers crossed. LOL

atvboo
03-05-2010, 12:56 AM
read that on the beaver forum good luck.

pittim
03-05-2010, 01:19 AM
I called off work on the 14th. I guess that means I have to go now :D

brent66
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
hrm i might have to go to thats next sunday right?? dave if you need help let me know and if you want to convoy down we can do that...i am not sticking to the stock trails this time. i wanna test my new cage out hahaaha

RedRaider
03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't think I'm gonna make this one. I'm still looking for a set of locking hubs to replace the one I broke in the first 5 min last time.

matthew5olson
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
What is this gonna cost. I can't find the info on their website. I can't even see the ride on their event calender. And do they really make you start on the easy trails. I don't want to pay money to drive on a dirt road. Maybe I'll bring a cavalier or something to make it interesting.

pittim
03-05-2010, 12:21 PM
$40/driver, $10 for each passenger. I think kids are free (Dave?)

The first time I went out I left with a bumper that I had to cut off so my tires wouldnt rub, along with damage to the cab. I also was hitting quite a few things on my skids and rear pumpkin. They say that, but they dont really follow it. They tailor the ride on how well the group is handling what trails they choose.

Dick.Breakey
03-05-2010, 02:03 PM
yeah theyre pretty good about feeling people out. i plan to do some work therethis summer to get free events to go to. or a small paycheck. they also, typically, have a few trail leaders to split people up if there a number of newbies and a number of mildly or much more experienced drivers out there.

pittim
03-05-2010, 02:43 PM
yeah theyre pretty good about feeling people out. i plan to do some work therethis summer to get free events to go to. or a small paycheck. they also, typically, have a few trail leaders to split people up if there a number of newbies and a number of mildly or much more experienced drivers out there.
Yep, I think it mainly depends on the guides.

In Novemeber there were around 15 vehicles plus like 6 guides. There were quite a few built rigs and guides, so they went off by themself.

In January, there were around 10 vehicles plus 3 or 4 guides (the FJs). There were 3 built rigs that had their fun in grape ape and Victory rock, but I think they would have had more fun if they were off in a separate group with more built rigs.

CESCO
03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
anybody know how many mid-upper level black and lower red trails that they have?

mxg342
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Brian,

There's enough there to entertain for a day. I don't think I've every made it through all of Victory Rocks. We usually have some breakage or issues when down there.

atvboo
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
i dont know what u r riding but i crawl all the stuff pretty easy i am running 42s but ive been with alot of people that hav to work at running 35-36s i find it fun just getting out but if there are some more aggresive rigs they will definately run harder trails hope to see u out there

brent66
03-05-2010, 10:35 PM
my frist time there they wanted me to run the stock trails but after a few hours of running with them we all split off and went to harder trails i had a great time good people down there but it is a bit pricey wish they would lower the cost

JKchick
03-05-2010, 10:39 PM
first time i went i poped a tire n bent a tie rod.....

Jeepin'Jones
03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Well got my jeep on my neighbors rack today and found out my grinding was from my front drive shaft.Seems the CV joint is shot. I found one in a local boneyard for 30 bucks. Got to go fetch it Monday. Hopefully that one is ok, and also my passenger side wheel bearing is too bad to be driving my family around in safely. So if I get that all put back together we'll be going.

Jeepin'Jones
03-05-2010, 11:24 PM
hrm i might have to go to thats next sunday right?? dave if you need help let me know and if you want to convoy down we can do that...i am not sticking to the stock trails this time. i wanna test my new cage out hahaaha
Yeah, Brent Convoying sounds good. I'll let you Know if I get the Jeep fixed in time to go. Nothing really hard to fix, just need the money to buy the parts.

brent66
03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
well if you need help or some one to hold a flashlight let me know haha

Jeepin'Jones
03-07-2010, 01:21 AM
well if you need help or some one to hold a flashlight let me know haha
Thanks, I'll let you know

CESCO
03-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Brian,

There's enough there to entertain for a day. I don't think I've every made it through all of Victory Rocks. We usually have some breakage or issues when down there.

thanks, thats what I wanted to know...

i dont know what u r riding but i crawl all the stuff pretty easy i am running 42s but ive been with alot of people that hav to work at running 35-36s i find it fun just getting out but if there are some more aggresive rigs they will definately run harder trails hope to see u out there

thanks, I am running 40's for now. I like to do the harder trials which usually leads to wrenching on a rig to get out.. I have been "that guy" in the past. hopefully I will start to be the guy helping someone else

2002wranglerX
03-08-2010, 10:13 AM
things like monkey bars, grape ape, Victory rocks are all a really good time, even on 42's.

But ya, a lot of the other stuff you'll walk right up.

SirFuego
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
things like monkey bars, grape ape, Victory rocks are all a really good time, even on 42's.

But ya, a lot of the other stuff you'll walk right up.
I agree with this, but things were also really dry when I went, so that makes things a lot easier.

A word of warning though for anyone wanting to run the more difficult trails, I wouldn't run Monkey Bars with anything bigger than a TJ if you care at all about body damage. I ran it with my ZJ back when it had sheetmetal and there was one turn that was (at the time -- but maybe it's changed since then) physically impossible to make without mashing the rear quarter. It looks like there was enough room, but even in the dry conditions, my rear quarter kept sliding toward the tree. This turn was 7/8 of the way through the trail, so by the time you get there, you have no choice but to squeeze through. I didn't care about the body damage and the trail guide did warn me before my ZJ touched the trail, but I'm just saying this in case someone with a long wheelbase wants to run it...

Now I thought that perhaps it was just a bad line I picked making the turn. Then I watched a TJ take the turn perfectly and barely make it through that turn unscathed.

2002wranglerX
03-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I agree with this, but things were also really dry when I went, so that makes things a lot easier.

A word of warning though for anyone wanting to run the more difficult trails, I wouldn't run Monkey Bars with anything bigger than a TJ if you care at all about body damage. I ran it with my ZJ back when it had sheetmetal and there was one turn that was (at the time -- but maybe it's changed since then) physically impossible to make without mashing the rear quarter. It looks like there was enough room, but even in the dry conditions, my rear quarter kept sliding toward the tree. This turn was 7/8 of the way through the trail, so by the time you get there, you have no choice but to squeeze through. I didn't care about the body damage and the trail guide did warn me before my ZJ touched the trail, but I'm just saying this in case someone with a long wheelbase wants to run it...

Now I thought that perhaps it was just a bad line I picked making the turn. Then I watched a TJ take the turn perfectly and barely make it through that turn unscathed.

was that kind of at the beginning of it? joe and jeep tore up the side of his XJ pretty bad in that spot.

*edit* nevermind, 7/8ths of the way through. got it.

SirFuego
03-08-2010, 10:54 AM
was that kind of at the beginning of it? joe and jeep tore up the side of his XJ pretty bad in that spot.

*edit* nevermind, 7/8ths of the way through. got it.
Well, if you ran it in the opposite direction that I did, perhaps it was at the beginning of the trail :-)

Looking at the entrance to the trail, I started on the right side (so the sharp 180 degree turn halfway through was a left). There were a couple other tight spots, but because it was so dry, I had traction in some places that we didn't think I would -- so I was able to skirt around some trees that perhaps I wouldn't have been able to if it was wetter.

pittim
03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
There was a guy that ran monkey bars in Jan that had a Dakota.

His truck already had a bit of body damage, so idk if he got any from it.

pdsst9
03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone, I signed up and introduced myself a few weeks ago. I'm new to wheeling, never gone before in fact, but it looks fun and its something I'd like to try. I have an '03 TJ, and since I've never taken it offroad before it is all stock. Is the BeaveRun dirt days a good event for a noob to get started?

atvboo
03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
ya they do a good job of keeping u on trail suitable for u and your jeep. I also seen a new stock jeep with 2 or 3000 miles on it the girl did good other than blowing a tire. be warned it is muddy and u could get some damage.

Also they would not let me on monkey bars sayin i would not fit the dakota had to be longer than i am and same width.

pdsst9
03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the info, I hope I get to check it out.

80glasscj
03-09-2010, 12:38 AM
brian if u wanna go let me know i`m down for gettin out this sun.

Dick.Breakey
03-09-2010, 12:45 AM
hey i know its stock, but im down to take my new truck out and run some light trails. see if i can do anything with this thing in the snow tires and 4L. how many people are going out there?

Jeepin'Jones
03-09-2010, 01:08 AM
hey i know its stock, but im down to take my new truck out and run some light trails. see if i can do anything with this thing in the snow tires and 4L. how many people are going out there?
I think the trails are pretty tight for a F150. You'll at the very least will probably get some good trail pinstriping.

Dick.Breakey
03-09-2010, 01:12 AM
when i was out there last talking to a guy who runs an ext cab short bed tundra said his was about the biggest that should go out there or else any type of turning around would be craptastic. didnt say much about the trail widths though. we'll see when i go out there i guess. im missing Texas more now. there you could drive 3 wide anywhere and still have room haha

Jeepin'Jones
03-09-2010, 01:19 AM
There are some open areas there, but I know I've scraped my XJ along a tree or two there, course that might be my driving too( LOL), and it was on the mod trails

Dick.Breakey
03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
ah. yeah without having decent tires i wouldnt even try anything besides the green trails. wellll. not necessarily but other might not be happy if i block a path in the truck getting stuck haha

pittim
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Somehow I make my truck barely fit (Tacoma) where other people have no problems at all. Not sure if a fullsize is the best idea. I can think of two spots off the top of my head where it might be a real bitch. to get through

brent66
03-09-2010, 11:22 AM
yah it is going to be nasty muddy i might have a exta seat if anyone wants to ride my wife might not be coming

Dick.Breakey
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
hmm nasty muddy. anyone want to lend me a set of better tires for the weekend haha. my snow tires might make for some fun times. or not so fun stuck times

Dick.Breakey
03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
though I might stuck a good bit. I'll have an open seat also. The fiance isn't coming.

atvboo
03-10-2010, 08:54 PM
there is that one guy that runs a full size blazer i don't know how but he fits. I still would not take my truck threw there. Jeepenjones how did the drive shaft go and are u going? I will be there it just sucks it is supposed to run this weekend it will be muddy

Dick.Breakey
03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
yeah hearing its gonna be flooding situations everywhere im not looking forward to all that on the snow tires. but im still gonna go haha. i just may be yanked out a few times. might have a buyer for the stang saturday. so i might be able to get the new tires next week

atvboo
03-10-2010, 10:16 PM
snow tires go good i think u will be surprised

pittim
03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I might have to abandon my truck at the powerlines and jump in with one of ya's whenever we go off into some of the more difficult trails, because they're going to SUCK for me haha

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 12:30 AM
I might have to abandon my truck at the powerlines and jump in with one of ya's whenever we go off into some of the more difficult trails, because they're going to SUCK for me haha

well ill have my bench open. even have a tonneau cover to keep crap dry and clean. be sure to pack a lunch! haha

Jeepin'Jones
03-11-2010, 12:50 AM
there is that one guy that runs a full size blazer i don't know how but he fits. I still would not take my truck threw there. Jeepenjones how did the drive shaft go and are u going? I will be there it just sucks it is supposed to run this weekend it will be muddy
I think we're going to sit this trip out. I got called back to work next week and the money I would need to fix the Jeep got to go to daycare. I'm happy about going back to work, but I would love to go wheelin'. We haven't been out since that run after Christmas.

mxg342
03-11-2010, 08:18 AM
well ill have my bench open. even have a tonneau cover to keep crap dry and clean. be sure to pack a lunch! haha

The truck has tow points front and rear right? They won't let you in without them.

CESCO
03-11-2010, 08:45 AM
I never had tow points in the rear until now... just hook to the bumper or springs always worked for me...

CESCO
03-11-2010, 08:47 AM
brian if u wanna go let me know i`m down for gettin out this sun.

prob going to set this one out, nut crazy about all the mud and getting wet. maybe I'll actually start to clean the garage up if it it raining.

mxg342
03-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I never had tow points in the rear until now... just hook to the bumper or springs always worked for me...

This is not an accepted tow point for HRJA or BeaveRun. A rear hitch is fine but they won't wrap around the spring or around a bumper.

CESCO
03-11-2010, 10:41 AM
do they do a tech inspection at Beaver run? will the tech also label you on the max level of trail you are aloud to run? just curious how other places do things..

mxg342
03-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I would say this is mostly up to the guides as to what trails you run.

As for the tech inspection, yeah they look things over to make sure you have the required setup to run any of the trails.

mxg342
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.beaverun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3

The basics of a Dirt Days.

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
well they dont requitre the front tow hooks. they just require either front or rear. i only have rear and that works. verified it with Randy there. the tech inspection is a loose guideline for the most part. as long as the truck/jeep/suv is in good working order and doesnt have pancakes for tires, theyll let u run. they dont appreciate the oil dripping and all that and dont want to have a ride that looks like it will break and be stranded on the first rck it trys to climb over.

mxg342
03-11-2010, 12:31 PM
well they dont requitre the front tow hooks. they just require either front or rear. i only have rear and that works. verified it with Randy there. the tech inspection is a loose guideline for the most part. as long as the truck/jeep/suv is in good working order and doesnt have pancakes for tires, theyll let u run. they dont appreciate the oil dripping and all that and dont want to have a ride that looks like it will break and be stranded on the first rck it trys to climb over.

I don't know who Randy is but you had better talk to Chris Huff. Don't be an idiot and make sure you have what is needed to ride the trails.

These rules are pretty loose but what they have are really the minimum requirements for what is needed. With the weather, I would be surprised if my truck would even make it to the power line this weekend. By the sounds of it, you're not on any better tires than my DD.

Quoted from the site:

Vehicle Requirements

* TOW POINTS front & rear. Closed loops are best.
* RECOVERY strap. It must NOT have an attached hook!
* General safety/inspection requirement. (no leaky fluid/ bad tires, etc.)

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM
I JUST talked with Ben there. Chris is out of the office today. he said as long as you have one or the other its fine. The online disclosure is mainly for insurance type purposes. Just fyi.

pittim
03-11-2010, 12:47 PM
do they do a tech inspection at Beaver run? will the tech also label you on the max level of trail you are aloud to run? just curious how other places do things..
The "tech inspection" is basically a visual inspection. If you get there with oil pouring out your bay and bald tires, they wont let you go out.
The only time I noticed it was being done was whenever we were lined up ready to go out to the trails and Chris (head guy at Beave) just walked down the line and looked under each rig.

As for the trails, the way that it is set up is there is a main vein that runs through the place and all the trails are off that. They might recommend you to not run on any of the trails that they dont think your rig will get through.

mxg342
03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm glad I'm not guiding there on Sunday. FYI.

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
not trying to be a dick bud. i was just making sure if anyone else was reading it they knew they could get by with only one hook point.

mxg342
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah I guess I'm not trying to be a dick either. But if you've ever been seriously wheeling you'll know that having more than 1 tow point makes things a lot safer, better, quicker, etc for the guys that's risking his rig to drag your ass out.

It's all in good fun. That's the sport. But when you aren't prepared you risk damage not only to your vehicle but others and also the people around you.

The BeaveRun rules were set up from the HRJA trail rules (a very abbreviated version of the HRJA rules) The people in HRJA have been doing this for a long time and the rules are there for a reason.

I've been in the $40 a day situation when someone in front of you breaks/gets stuck/ has issues. When it takes half a day to help them along the trail, what do I get for that?

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 03:02 PM
i hear ya. and that makes good sense. i actually ordered a recovery kit and a 30ft tow rope today and im gonna drive out to 4wd.com's place in ohio and pick it up saturday. next week ill get my new front tow hooks ordered/delivered/installed. and probably my new set of tires also. then ill feel better about being out there and not being THAT GUY. i hate that guy. as long as the snow tires i have on do a decent job, ill try not to be that guy this weekend

pittim
03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
your truck should have some kind of hook on the front already

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
youd think so right. i didnt see the normal ones like i see in the front of most fords. i havent looked under it though. ill look tonight.

CESCO
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
HOLY SHIT... I didn't want to start any kind of battle on what you can/can't do...

I was just curious on how well it gets policed for tech.. I have been to places that do a very good job and others that do not do so well. no matter what you are driving you should have a good idea of what it is capable of doing, if you do not then stick to the lower level trails until you learn your rig.

pittim
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
youd think so right. i didnt see the normal ones like i see in the front of most fords. i havent looked under it though. ill look tonight.
I kinda find it hard to believe that there is NOTHING there. There should be at least some sort of place for a tow hook to be able to get hooked to (from when it was delivered to the dealership on a hauler.)

It isn't the best way to go about it, but it will work in a pinch. I got my rear pumpkin stuck on a rock at the last run in January. Put a d-ring on the tie down spot and the guy infront pulled me off.

Dick.Breakey
03-11-2010, 04:52 PM
haha. well im sure there are mounting holes for it behind the bumper :)

well next week when i get my tires, exhaust, jack and some hooks ordered ill have them put on for the next adventure.

pittim
03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Well it looks like my passenger seat might be open now in case anyone wants to tag along that doesnt want to wheel their rig.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 12:39 AM
well if i keep getting stuck maybe ill ask to jump in

muddeprived
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Well got my jeep on my neighbors rack today and found out my grinding was from my front drive shaft.Seems the CV joint is shot. I found one in a local boneyard for 30 bucks. Got to go fetch it Monday. Hopefully that one is ok, and also my passenger side wheel bearing is too bad to be driving my family around in safely. So if I get that all put back together we'll be going.

I have a spare used hub if you need one. It's from a 2006 TJ that I got from Davey's in ohio and ran it for about 3k miles before replacing both hubs. This one is still ok.

Jeepin'Jones
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I have a spare used hub if you need one. It's from a 2006 TJ that I got from Davey's in ohio and ran it for about 3k miles before replacing both hubs. This one is still ok.
Thanks, but I don't really need to be spending money on the jeep right now. At least till I get back to work for a couple weeks.

atvboo
03-12-2010, 04:44 PM
jeepin jones would have liked to see you there but i understand that decision. I have two lil girls and our work has been slow too! see you next time!

mxg342
03-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I just got word on the HRJA site that this weekend's event is cancelled.

Chris Huff has decided to cancel the HRJA ride on Saturday and the Dirt Days on Sunday due to the rain situation.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
son of a bitch. yep. called and its cancelled. theyll reschedule it though from they say. so lets hope its soon. but good news is ill have my new wheels and tires by then. so thattl make the next adventure a little better. anyone know of anything else going on this weekend? id love to get out and try the truck out. even if its light wheeling

little white yj
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Me too . is wellsville still open?

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 09:21 PM
i might be up for wellsville sunday if its not raining too hard...

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
not by a long shot if i remember correctly. something like a coal plant coming into town

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
its open? i thought it was closed a few yares ago?

where is it exactly?

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
not by a long shot if i remember correctly. something like a coal plant coming into town

i was just there a month or so ago... i paid the 10 bucks to park at oak tree so i could leave my trailer.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
nice. well heck thats just over an hr away. im down.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM
anyone else down to go?

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 09:52 PM
only supposed to get like half an inch of rain total in wellsville tomorrow. and gonna be 50 on sunday with spotty rain is all.

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:07 PM
only supposed to get like half an inch of rain total in wellsville tomorrow. and gonna be 50 on sunday with spotty rain is all.

it all depends on rain for me. since i lack a top... although i might have a bikini... i'll have to look...

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
u in a bikini. hmmmmm. i dunno about all that hahahah

Dozer45
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
for all of us, please wear more than a bikini lol

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Where exactly are you planning on wheeling in your new truck at wellsville?

honestly, in my head i envision that trip going horribly wrong for you...

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
for all of us, please wear more than a bikini lol

don't make me post pics of your sister. :flipoff2:

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
haha, i dunno. some light trails. something my snow tires can handle. i got my recovery kit with a snatch block, tree saver, high lift jack, base to that, 30ft tow strap and some gloves. ive got a spare just in case too. as long as it is not too steep or i get a run ast things i think ill get where i plan to go alright.

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:31 PM
haha, i dunno. some light trails. something my snow tires can handle. i got my recovery kit with a snatch block, tree saver, high lift jack, base to that, 30ft tow strap and some gloves. ive got a spare just in case too. as long as it is not too steep or i get a run ast things i think ill get where i plan to go alright.

have you ever been to wellsville? i just want to make sure you know what you're getting into...

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:33 PM
oh and a chain. i think ill get through some easyish trails

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
ive never been. can i get around on some light trails?

atvboo
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
never been there how bad is it I might be wiling to go

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:39 PM
well, in my head i don't see a lot of light trails worth doing...

you can get a TJ on 31's through just about the whole thing. But that's because they're smaller. a full size truck on street tires... has a LOT of body damage potential.

I usually run the creekbed and do jeep rock, sturges, etc, up the powerlines, then over to lower/upper twister, then over to scooby doo.

there's lots of fun stuff in between... that's kinda the main loop, and i can't see that ending well for a full size truck... for a swb jeep or the like no problem, but that truck is wide... and has a LOT of sheetmetal lol...

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:41 PM
ATV: since it looks like you have a bigger rig... here's some of the stuff there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUNzEQvoD94

you won't be bored if you want to try some tougher stuff.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
haha. well i think ive got the equivelant to 31's on my truck right now. and theyre not exactly street tires. not some m/t's either. but not exactly streets or else i wouldnt even think of it haha.

but you really think its too wide? wow. just doesnt seem that big to me

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
i dont wanna run those haha

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:44 PM
haha. well i think ive got the equivelant to 31's on my truck right now. and theyre not exactly street tires. not some m/t's either. but not exactly streets or else i wouldnt even think of it haha.

but you really think its too wide? wow. just doesnt seem that big to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCUcShWAUcA

that's the main artery through the crick bed (i'm pretty sure, if not it looks a lot like it).... i don't see that ending well for your truck... you can get a small TJ/YJ through because they're short and you can maneuver them through...

*edit*

that's also typical of most of the trails we all run... that's why we all warned about buying that truck.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 10:50 PM
hmm. im kinda upset now. is there nothing for the full size around here? beaverun guys say that the fullsize isnt an issue there. is that accurate at all?

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 10:54 PM
hmm. im kinda upset now. is there nothing for the full size around here? beaverun guys say that the fullsize isnt an issue there. is that accurate at all?

You can do all the main trails there in your full size. But the offshoots will be tight. And I wouldn't go near any technical sections. I got my 4 door jk through a lot of places there but imho that's still a little different. You'll have fun there and be ok.

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 11:09 PM
hmm. maybe i dont need to spend a bunch of money on tires and all that now if im really limited to where i can go. im really kinda pissed

Dick.Breakey
i mean thankfully i need the truck for other reasons. but i thought this would be fun too.

atvboo
definately looks like fun. let me know what you guys decide i may hav to go 2 weekends in a row.

atvboo
03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
around here full size trucks are just to big and can get alot of body damage. that is why i just got a jeep for offroad so i didnt have to worry about body damage or driving it home at the end of the day.

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 11:15 PM
i mean thankfully i need the truck for other reasons. but i thought this would be fun too.

You can still do light wheeling with it... but I wouldn't take it to wellsville... that's just me. Its a really nice truck, id hate to see ya smash up the bedsides and stuff. I wouldn't feel comfortable leading you through wellsville... but if you built that truck up you could wheel it... but my thought is you'd have to really get over body damage..

Dick.Breakey
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
yeah. i guess light wheeling is all its gonna be. ill throw some tires, on it, exhaust, and call it a day. it should be better than the mustang for next winter haha

Chris@BeaveRun
03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
The run for this Sunday the 14th has been canceled. Please check back for future ride dates.

Chris@BeaveRun
03-13-2010, 12:08 AM
not trying to be a dick bud. i was just making sure if anyone else was reading it they knew they could get by with only one hook point.

While I have turned the other cheek with some folks who did not know about needing front AND rear tow points. I don't want people saying it's not needed either..

You must have front AND rear tow points as disclosed on the site.

Same with bringing your own RECOVERY strap. Not a tow strap or chains. Along with appropriate shackles and equipment needed for a safe recovery.

Thanks for the questions. if anyone has any questions I encourage you to contact me directly. The folks in the office are trying their best to help out.

my email is "c.huff@beaverun.com" I do not work out of the office, so you'll never catch me on the main phone line there.

pittim
03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Holy shit Chris I didn't know you had a FZJ80 and a first gen pickup.

You gonna propane the hilux?

Chris@BeaveRun
03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
I just got word on the HRJA site that this weekend's event is cancelled.

Chris Huff has decided to cancel the HRJA ride on Saturday and the Dirt Days on Sunday due to the rain situation.

Thank you for posting this up. Regretfully, I had to cancel the event. Weather was the main reason.

See you guys next time! :004:

Chris@BeaveRun
03-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Holy shit Chris I didn't know you had a FZJ80 and a first gen pickup.

You gonna propane the hilux?

Yeah, I've had the 80 for a while now. The Hilux I just picked up. No propane for me. Not enough filling stations around. Just put a new Weber on it though. Details on my personal site.

Tim, send me a PM or email.

Dick.Breakey
03-13-2010, 03:29 PM
thanks for clearing that up Chris. I appreciate it. Ill be getting my tow hooks this week anyways, so i guess im happy it was canceled now haha.

please let us know when its rescheduled

RedRaider
03-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I might be able to make it depending on when it's rescheduled. I just got my auto hub replaced and I got newer tires up front. maybe I'll have time to weld my front diff

pittim
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
I might be able to make it depending on when it's rescheduled. I just got my auto hub replaced and I got newer tires up front. maybe I'll have time to weld my front diff
Nice!

Kinda OT, but did you recently get sliders for your FJ? Just as I was leaving school one day last week I saw a tan FJ with bare metal sliders. You live right by CCAC right? Figured it might have been you.

Chris@BeaveRun
03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Hello,

I will be looking at either late April or May for the next Dirt Days at BeaveRun.

Thanks for your interest! Private rides are available upon request.

RedRaider
03-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Nice!

Kinda OT, but did you recently get sliders for your FJ? Just as I was leaving school one day last week I saw a tan FJ with bare metal sliders. You live right by CCAC right? Figured it might have been you.

Yea I did. I got trail gear sliders. They're powdercoated black though. I do live right by ccac so it was probably me.