PDA

View Full Version : Mile Marker or Smittybilt

Mykal
03-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Its between the Milemarker SEC8 or the Smittybilt XRC8.

Opinions on these two and where should I purchase from?

sethman15210
03-05-2010, 09:15 PM
i got a smitty built xrc 8 from 4wd hardware pretty satisfied so far. i got it with the synthetic rope plus a lifetime warranty. cost me $501 out the door. my only coplaint is the open bottom on the solenoid box which lets water in. but it can be sealed up

tjblair
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Warn

nuff said

Mykal
03-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Cause that was an option... I don't like paying for a name. I'm looking at $300 winches and you throw Warn out there? Seriously? Back to the topic I'm not buying a Warn.

tjblair
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
No you pay for the quality, and a good AMERICAN made product:023:

2002wranglerX
03-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Are they the same price? I had no probs with my xrc8, my milemarker on the other hand split the case open....

Mykal
03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Yes, same price.

MechanicalMayham
03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.quadratecforum.com/showthread.php?t=104253
Check out 2.4s reply to my question.

Mykal
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
On pirate they had pics of one torn apart with mile marker stamped wiring cases. Someone mentioned they were rebranded tmax's as well. I don't know.

I like that the xrc8 is series wound though.

MechanicalMayham
03-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah there is a lot of conjecture about who is actually turning out the winches. I don't see that there are hundreds of manufactures of these. Kinda makes me wonder if, given they are manu-ed by a reputable company, there isn't flaws built in or weak points withheld to offer them at a cheaper rate...
or it could be that their sales were lacking due to cheap winches that they opted to do a non name brand just to score some loot and boost sales.

Outatime
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Mykal, have you ever heard of these?

http://collinsbros.stores.yahoo.net/blackwinches.html

I read a review online (that I can't find now) that compared them to other more main stream winches that cost a lot more and they did well in the review. ??

Just something to look at. I was seriously considering one when the time came.

jlovbasz3
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
my friend has one of the first mile marker with a so called life time warranty it's the same winch they sell at harbor fright and it was slower than hell.his winch motor burnt and he called to get it replaced and they don't make his motor any more and they said they can give him a factory refurbish for $200.00 + shipping,that being said they made some improvements but i think they still put there name on some other companys winch.from the things i seen the smitty bilt is good, but like tjblair said you get what you pay for and only $200.00 more you can get a warn m8000 but if i had to chose between the mm and sb i would go with the smitty bilt.

MechanicalMayham
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Heres the #s on the XRC 10:

5.5 sp series wound
gear train 3-stage planetary
gear ratio 218:1
line speed no load 29.53 fpm
2000 lbs. 14.44 fpm
4000 lbs. 12.14 fpm
6000 lbs. 10.17 fpm
8000 lbs. 8.86 fpm
10000 lbs. 7.38 fpm
motor currant no load 70 amps
2000 170 amps
4000 240 amps
6000 310 amps
8000 380 amps
10000 425 amps

line pull and cable capacity
layer 1: 10000 layer 2: 8633 layer 3: 7716 layer 4: 7089 this is rated in pounds.
cumulative cable capacity in feet.
layer 1:16 layer 2: 42 layer 3: 72 layer 4: 94

The cable is 23/64 (.359375), 3/8" line is: .375 so its smaller cableing to get the 94'.

Jeepin'Jones
03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
I've got the XRC8 and like it so far. Although I did have trouble with the remote once.I called and they had a replacement for me in two days.

jlovbasz3
03-06-2010, 12:46 AM
Mykal, have you ever heard of these?

http://collinsbros.stores.yahoo.net/blackwinches.html

I read a review online (that I can't find now) that compared them to other more main stream winches that cost a lot more and they did well in the review. ??

Just something to look at. I was seriously considering one when the time came.

i think they were renamed warn m8000's but after looking at the warn it's not unless it's an older model m8000

RedRaider
03-06-2010, 01:33 AM
I paind $310 shipped for my xrc8, and I can't complain. I haven't had any trouble with it so far and it's always worked flawlessly when I needed it to.

JDGreen04TJ
03-06-2010, 10:58 AM
i got a lifetime warranty with my xrc8 everything is covered for 360 shipped to my front door! gotta love 4wd hardware

tjblair
03-06-2010, 01:46 PM
i got a lifetime warranty with my xrc8 everything is covered for 360 shipped to my front door! gotta love 4wd hardware
Everything? I would read the warranty again. more likley a lifetime on the mechanics and a one year electrical.

JDGreen04TJ
03-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Everything? I would read the warranty again. more likley a lifetime on the mechanics and a one year electrical.

no it covers everything, cable, soleniod, housing, everything. that is why i couldn't pass it up

tjblair
03-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Right from 4wd hardware's web site
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=40271
Warranty Information
Smittybilt’s products are covered under the following limited warranties only. Note that the duration of the limited warranty differs according to the material and finish of the product purchased. Subject to the duration and conditions of the limited warranty stated below, Smittybilt warrants to the original retail purchaser that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship. All other warranties and representations express or implied, are hereby disclaimed, including fitness for merchantability and buyer’s intended use or purpose. All parts are sold “AS IS" except for the limited warranties granted herein. Buyer assumes all risks as to the selection, suitability and performance of all goods and products selected. This limited warranty does not cover damage or impairment in any part due to misuse, improper
installation, accident or contact with on-road or off-road hazards, product modification, improper or inadequate cleaning and/or maintenance. Smittybilt is not
responsible for items damaged during shipping. This warranty is not transferable from the original buyer. For the original Buyer to be eligible for the limited warranty coverage, the Buyer must provide proof of purchase. Smittybilt strongly recommends returning the warranty registration card.
Customer’s remedy hereunder shall be limited only to repair or replacement (at Smittybilt’s option) of any defective part(s) returned to Smittybilt at customer’s expense. The determination of whether or not a returned part is defective or subject to coverage under the limited warranties stated herein shall be made at Smittybilt’s sole discretion.

If they are telling you that it is a FULL lifetime warranty, I think someone is yankin your chain.

Unless 4wd hardware is placing a warranty on the winch as well, which I highly doubt.

ridgerunner97
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
^ Jeff, that sounds like a full lifetime warranty to the Original Buyer. It is like anything else it sounds like. They will use discretion if the part needs replaced. The clause about misuse, etc. etc. I don't see anything saying they won't honor the original buyer, and if you mount it according to instructions etc. how they recommend and don't hit anything with it driving, they should honor it, no?

tjblair
03-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Where does it say LIFETIME? I don't disagree that they cover the internals of the winch. But if you burn up a motor or fry a solinoid I belive you would be S. O. L. I don't know I could be wrong, but not too many companys warranty electronics.

ridgerunner97
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I agree but that warranty paragraph made it sound like it was up to there discretion, I wouldn't count it out that thay may warranty it. Next couple months there will be a Smittybilt adorning my front bumper.

JDGreen04TJ
03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Right from 4wd hardware's web site
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=40271
Warranty Information
Smittybilt’s products are covered under the following limited warranties only. Note that the duration of the limited warranty differs according to the material and finish of the product purchased. Subject to the duration and conditions of the limited warranty stated below, Smittybilt warrants to the original retail purchaser that its products are free from defects in material and workmanship. All other warranties and representations express or implied, are hereby disclaimed, including fitness for merchantability and buyer’s intended use or purpose. All parts are sold “AS IS" except for the limited warranties granted herein. Buyer assumes all risks as to the selection, suitability and performance of all goods and products selected. This limited warranty does not cover damage or impairment in any part due to misuse, improper
installation, accident or contact with on-road or off-road hazards, product modification, improper or inadequate cleaning and/or maintenance. Smittybilt is not
responsible for items damaged during shipping. This warranty is not transferable from the original buyer. For the original Buyer to be eligible for the limited warranty coverage, the Buyer must provide proof of purchase. Smittybilt strongly recommends returning the warranty registration card.
Customer’s remedy hereunder shall be limited only to repair or replacement (at Smittybilt’s option) of any defective part(s) returned to Smittybilt at customer’s expense. The determination of whether or not a returned part is defective or subject to coverage under the limited warranties stated herein shall be made at Smittybilt’s sole discretion.

If they are telling you that it is a FULL lifetime warranty, I think someone is yankin your chain.

Unless 4wd hardware is placing a warranty on the winch as well, which I highly doubt.

4wd is placing the warranty, not smittybuilt, that was why i got it. 4wd hardware calls it there extreme warranty or something like that.

JDGreen04TJ
03-06-2010, 06:27 PM
i heard somewhere thru the grapevine that smittybuilt is owned by the same owner as 4wd hardware, which might be why they offer that kind of warranty, but i could be wrong

tjblair
03-06-2010, 06:56 PM
If that is the case that is a pretty good deal for a fairly decent winch. Hopefully they stand behind that warranty.

JEEPIN/J.S.A
03-06-2010, 07:02 PM
i own a smittybuilt xrc8 and i love it i dont think id spend money on anything else when the $300 smittybuilt works just as good ive done back to back hard pulls and it never missed a beat

tjblair
03-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't get me wrong I still think that the warn is a better product,and it is american made. the xrc8 still has a 172:1 ratio compared to the warn 216:1. and the no load line speed of the xrc8 is 37.2fpm compared to the warn 42 fpm. The M8000 has a full load line speed of 8fpm, I have not seen the xrc8's full load line speed listed any where. If you can gt an xrc8 with a FULL lifetime warranty from 4wd that is not to bad a deal.that said you will never see any thing other than a warn on my rig. somthing about a company like smittybuilt building these winches for next to nothing in china and flooding the US market with them doesn't sit right with me. I would rather spend a little extra money and support a company like Warn who's product is completly assembled in the US, and in my eyes is a better product.JMHO

limegreentj
03-06-2010, 07:33 PM
it might be assembled in the U.S. but i can almost guarantee you that its got all or most chinese parts in it....i get what you are saying jeff, because i used to be like that. but the truth is, china is passing the U.S. and actually starting to make better products than the U.S. "did"

assembled in the U.S. and assembled in china doesnt mean anything...except the chinese can do it faster cuz they have smaller hands...LOL!

tjblair
03-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I agree that Warn uses chineese made components. IMO they are not making a better product. and they are assembled in the us by American workers for someone who is out of work because of the poor economy you (brandon) should apriceate this.

If you look through Smittybuilt new catalog almost everything in the thing is a knockoff. they are even making knockoff staun deflaters. They take a good Idea or design go to china, employ chineese workers to make said product for half the price and then flood the US market with these products. And then americans go and buy these cheep knockoff products. and bitch about the poor economy on the way home.

limegreentj
03-06-2010, 08:13 PM
i agree with you...i buy harbor freight tools and stuff, because im laid off,and thats all i can afford. but really, its the business owners faults, for selling out and only worrying about getting rich and not taking care of their employees...its a shame, but its never gonna change because americans are too lazy, and want something for nothing.

ive said it before, and i firmly believe it. if it wasnt for the assholes that stand around and dont do shit at work, but then complain they dont make enough money, the economy would be in better shape, employers eventually get fed up and realize, hey, **** these guys bitching that they want more money and better hours, hong fong will do it for 30 cents a day ALL day, and never bitch once.

tjblair
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't disagree with that either, but why keep shoving money in their(companies that have sold out) pockets? Why not spend a little more money on the american made product? (which is a better product anyway, at least in this situation) Then atleast YOU are doing somthing about it. I would rather pay a little more and support companys like Warn that have not sold out and are trying to help the economy.

ok I'll get off of the soap box now.lol and sorry for the hyjack Mykal.

Mykal
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
No worries Ive been around PGH Offtopic for a long time. Im used to it. :)

I think Im going to go with the XRC8.

b4xs
03-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Buy what you can afford. Nothing wrong with the Smittybilt, I own 2 of them. The original cable sucks, but if you going syn that shouldn't be an issue. I broke one, but running into things will kill any winch.
Not to completely bash Warn but my HS9500i gave me nothing but trouble. I bought it second hand, maybe 2 years old, but it was never hooked up on the original application. The internal ground on the motor is located directly in the bottom, where all the moisture and water lay. So if you don't use it every week you need to disassemble and clean the contact, then when you only get it partially clean it will burn off, when you need it the most, and then cost you $50 to get it repaired (or in my case also an axle shaft, front drive shaft, and starter when you get pissed and beat the vehicle out of the stuck).
I just bought a Warn M8000 cause I can get them for almost $500even. The high quality square nuts won't torque to spec before stripping. I changed them for some new ones from Warn and they came loose on the second use. Made some AR400 threaded tabs and no issues yet.

F' paying for a name or someones ego. Buy what you feel is the best value for the money.

tjblair
03-06-2010, 09:43 PM
^ how do you strip the squair nuts out at 35ftlbs?

b4xs
03-06-2010, 10:15 PM
^ how do you strip the squair nuts out at 35ftlbs?
Righty tighty...

Seriously, my torque wrench only goes down to 40ish so I thought I over torqued them the first time. I got new ones and borrowed a 3/8 drive torque wrench (since I only have a 3/8 inch pound wrench), tightened them with with some blue thread lock. They just seem like they are some china quality slop nuts. I made my own, tightened them with a 3/8's impact and they haven't moved yet.

tjblair
03-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I torqued mine down to about 80ftlbs (because 35ftlbs didn't even sound close to tight enough to me) with no issues.

fmlyof4whlrs
03-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Not sure about the XRC8...but I have a 12000 pound Mile Marker that I bought 5 years ago. I got 4wd's extreme warranty with it at the time. Used the warranty once when I got the cable caught on a tire and ripped the remote apart. No problems with a replacement. As for the winch itself I have used it a good bit for my XJ and now my TJ and have winched a F250 and motor home. I have never had a problem with it. As for them being slow and line speeds I don't know.....I am not racing the clock and when I get stuck as long as I get out that's good enough for me.

Jeepin'Jones
03-07-2010, 01:34 AM
i heard somewhere thru the grapevine that smittybuilt is owned by the same owner as 4wd hardware, which might be why they offer that kind of warranty, but i could be wrong
I think your right. 4WD, 4Wheel Parts, ProComp are owned by the Trans American Auto Parts Company.

96greenxjjeep
03-07-2010, 02:45 AM
I'LL be picking up a xcr8000 next weekend for $300

mxg342
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd stay away from Milemarker. I'm with Jeff on the Warn thing but since you want a $300 winch, the XRC8 is probably your best bet.

I think Q-tec was selling the M8000 for something like $525 or $550 a couple of weeks ago.

tjblair
03-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd stay away from Milemarker. I'm with Jeff on the Warn thing but since you want a $300 winch, the XRC8 is probably your best bet.

I think Q-tec was selling the M8000 for something like $525 or $550 a couple of weeks ago.
Zone had them pretty reasonable too
http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=175&gr=-1

PAFirefighter49
03-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Warn

nuff said

:)

Mykal
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Ordered the XRC8 with the warranty. I called three times to speak to 3 different reps and got the same anwser about the warranty. As long as I dont drive it into a wall its covered. If it fails from being under water they will fix it or send me a new one they said. I asked if it covered electrical and they all said yes. We'll see.

Total was like $340 shipped with my the discount and warranty. Should be here in 3-4 days.

Thanks for the opinions.

welby
03-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I had a Warn x8000i on my TJ and while I didn't have any trouble with it, it cost me almost $700 after shipping and that was the very best price I could find at the time, from Clemson Off Road. And that was way back in '02. I just can't justify spending that much money on something like that anymore, I've got a daughter to raise now, college to save for, mortgage, etc. etc.

So when I do buy a winch for my XJ, it's not going to be a Warn. I don't apologize for that, I just have to buy what I can afford and that's the way it is. I'll more than likely go with the XRC8 as well. One thing I'll say about the Warn is, it was fast as Hell, but if the XRC8 is half as fast for half the price, I'm OK with that. Long as it pulls me out, I could give a f**k :082:

If I really want a Warn I'll walk up the road and see if the guy who bought my TJ would want to sell it back for a $150 or so, God knows he's never used it cruising past the mall. I don't think that Jeep's seen dirt since I sold it.

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Ordered the XRC8 with the warranty. I called three times to speak to 3 different reps and got the same anwser about the warranty. As long as I dont drive it into a wall its covered. If it fails from being under water they will fix it or send me a new one they said. I asked if it covered electrical and they all said yes. We'll see.

Total was like $340 shipped with my the discount and warranty. Should be here in 3-4 days.

Thanks for the opinions.

How'd get that price? I was just about to order one and it is saying over $400

Mykal
03-08-2010, 06:44 PM
$300 for the winch, free shipping if you select ups ground, $35 or so for the warranty. Jeeps unlimited code for 5% off.

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
thats from 4wd hardware right

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I forgot I added a winch plate, duh! thats why it was $402.92

ridgerunner97
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
LOL, you better order that bad boy Mark ;) That way you can winch my sorry ass around haha

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 06:59 PM
and you better order a locker, right after you take care of that.....um.... other thing! Dumb Ass!

ridgerunner97
03-08-2010, 07:33 PM
LOL what pisses me off the most is that it could have been prevented....by not pulling up to make a right on red LMAO

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
He was watching you from the minute you pulled next to him

ridgerunner97
03-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I know, I was on the phone with SuperScout, had the stereo blastin and the windows down, CB mike on the mirror etc. LOL, we kinda stick out a little especially when the jeeps are dirty :)

limegreentj
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
i hope mark got a pic of you getting busted...i assume thats what you are talking about?

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Ahhh shit I didn't even think to snap a picture, that would have been freakin priceless......I was actually trying to buckle up nonchalantly

ridgerunner97
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Hahaha, DAMN IT MARK! I hoped you got a pic, Rob said he was freakin out you decided to stop, he didn't have rear flares, none of his rooflights had covers etc. LOL, he told me he thought for sure he was gonna turn around and start on you two :)

Ragnorox
03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
He should have said somthing, I would have dropped him at sheetz. Cop didn't care about us, he had his piece of meat

Mykal
03-09-2010, 07:28 PM
The M8000 has a full load line speed of 8fpm, I have not seen the xrc8's full load line speed listed any where.

Recieved my winch today. The booklet has this info in it. Just thought Id poost it up for you for future Warn debates. :jeepxj3:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z10/mykalj/Jeep/xrc8load.jpg

Maybe Ill get it mounted this month sometime. :)

ridgerunner97
03-09-2010, 07:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Look Jeff! It has 8.2FPM FULL LOAD LINE SPEED ROFL :118: I couldn't resist dude, eat that shit M8000! (yeah I know its only .2 fpm faster but still :))

tjblair
03-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I actueally installed an Xrc10 today. It wasn't that bad of a little winch,BUT you could tell that the quality wasn't as good as the Warn. like I said it wasn't bad but there were a few things that look'd chincy. Like the controler,the bracket that holds the solinoid box, the cables looked tho have really cheap insulation. but most of all the winch plate(also a smittybilt was really cheap and thin. Mykal the one thing I would suggest to you wouldbe to go to the hardware stoor and get some graded bolts to bolt it to the plate( grade 5 would do) they are metric. the ones that came with the one I installed had no markings on the bolt head. I called smittybiult to question them about it and they told me hat they were grade 8. I am not buying that though I have never in my life seen a graded bolt with NO markings. And ai was not about to trust them on that. Espiceally because this customer comes to our park and I'm pretty sure that some time or another I will be in front of that winch.And I kind of like my legs.

Mykal
03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
I looked at them as well and mine are marked 8.8. Id post a picture but my iphone wont focus that closely. That was the first thing I looked at when I pulled them out.

I would agree that the quality isnt near a Warn. Its a $300 winch though. As long as it works and they fix it when it breaks, then Im good. :)

limegreentj
03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
how often do you actually think you'll use it? that thing should last a good while...you've gone this long without one, you oughta be ok...lol

tjblair
03-09-2010, 08:14 PM
I looked at them as well and mine are marked 8.8. Id post a picture but my iphone wont focus that closely. That was the first thing I looked at when I pulled them out.

I would agree that the quality isnt near a Warn. Its a $300 winch though. As long as it works and they fix it when it breaks, then Im good. :)
Thats good that yours are graded. Like I said I just wasn't going to trust that they were because they said so.:042:

tjblair
03-09-2010, 08:20 PM
how often do you actually think you'll use it? that thing should last a good while...you've gone this long without one, you oughta be ok...lol
If he wheels like you he will never use it:042: but seriously I hope it holds up for you mykal. I use the hell our of mine working at the park and all. It is not uncommon for me to have to winch 5-6-7 or even 8 rigs in a row up a hill or out of a hole. At least you won't be one of them now mykal.;)

mxg342
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Recieved my winch today. The booklet has this info in it. Just thought Id poost it up for you for future Warn debates. :jeepxj3:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z10/mykalj/Jeep/xrc8load.jpg

Maybe Ill get it mounted this month sometime. :)

Sweet thanks for posting this. I've wanted to find this information out but I couldn't find it on the web.

Hell yeah, another entry in my winch comparison spreadsheet!

skeebs
03-09-2010, 08:28 PM
At least you won't be one of them now mykal.;)

OOOOHHHHH SNAP!

lol

Mykal
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Its all good. I dont get winched often but I like to be self sufficient and not have to depend on others if I get stuck. Its one thing to break a $30 strap but Id feel terrible if someone burned up their $300-$1000 winch pulling me.

If it fails, its under warranty. If it fails when I need it, Im at the same point as if I hadnt gotten it and I hope that all the times Ive ran cables, straps and changed shafts for people pays off and they get me out. Ive managed without it for the past 10 years. No worries.

:icon_syda::kyle::106:

tjblair
03-09-2010, 08:34 PM
OOOOHHHHH SNAP!

lol
What I wasn't saying that I could make it without wnching and he couldnt I probaply could
if that many people are having trouble I probaply did too not really I'm just saying that.

:083:

:040:

Mykal
03-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Id get hung up in the first few minutes. Im not ashamed of it. Im just happy I can get to the mall without getting stuck.

Ragnorox
03-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I ordered that smittybuilt winch plate with the XRC10, it's suposed to be 3/8 are you saying it isn't or that it is shit metal?

limegreentj
03-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Id get hung up in the first few minutes. Im not ashamed of it. Im just happy I can get to the mall without getting stuck.

LOL! classic stuff!

Mykal
03-09-2010, 08:54 PM
I ordered that smittybuilt winch plate with the XRC10, it's suposed to be 3/8 are you saying it isn't or that it is shit metal?

He is talking about the bolts that came with the winch to mount it. Check the heads of them. If they dont have 8.8 stamped on them go get some.

tjblair
03-09-2010, 08:54 PM

Lol don't forget about starbucks, I know you have to have your latte'.

Ragnorox
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Mykal does it come with leads?

tjblair
03-09-2010, 09:00 PM

It deffinetly isn't 3/8's I'll measure it tomorow. It is just a flat plate no gusseting at all. You may never hurt it, but if you look at pretty much any other winch plate Warn, bodyarmor they are gusseted to keep them from bowing and flexing.

tjblair
03-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Ya Mark it comes with all the batt cables you need.

Mykal
03-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Mykal does it come with leads?

Thats what it came with. They forgot the free winch cover though.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z10/mykalj/Jeep/XJ/Misc/xrc8stuff.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z10/mykalj/Jeep/XJ/Misc/xrc8controller.jpg

tjblair
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Make sure to put dielectric greese on all of the conections and in the connection for the remote.;)

tjblair
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Also I would mount the control box over tthe motor, not over the drum. If you get the cable bunched up on the drum while winching you can crack the bottom of the control box. they give you brackets to mount it either way.

tjblair
03-11-2010, 08:40 PM

I measured that winck plate Mark. It's not 3/8 it's not even5/16 it's more like 3/16. Thin really thin.

tjblair
03-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Oh yah mykal, FYI you can plug the winch control in two ways one way it won't work at all. Ask me how I know. Lol. If you look close at the winch control plug one of the tabs is just a little bigger. Also you have to plug it in and then twist it.

Mykal
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Cool, thanks, thats good to know.