PDA

View Full Version : A little help on bed lining

joker291977
03-06-2010, 09:19 PM
hi there guys i just bought rust-oleum truck bed coating is this stuff any good is it comparable to herculiner has anybody ever used it or know someone that has please help out thank you

Sloth_Fratelli
03-06-2010, 09:26 PM
ive heard its pretty good stuff, never used it tho. i plan on using it to do an undercoat on my XJ this spring

steveg0690
03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
get a gun and spray it in. I did my jeep with a similar off-brand and it works well. The key is to get the area prepped very well, sanded and CLEAN. I'm sure it will work well if you do that and follow the directions on the can.

joker291977
03-06-2010, 10:51 PM
thanks guys this helps out a lot. i got that stuff because auto zone has it on sale and the sale is only till the 10th so i had the money and said might as well pick it up i plane on doing my bed plus the lower part of my truck its green on top and gray on bottom i think the black will look good over the gray i hate that gray plus i want to get black rims and custom make bumpers that are black black on green should look good lol again thank you for your time

highlandercj-7
03-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I havn't trieed the Rustoleum yet. My Dad just picked up a few gal to try. I have used the Dupli-color, Plasti-cote, and Herc. Herc by far is the winner of that trio. Dupli-color engine paint sucks but there bedliner is good for what you pay. It workes well on bumpers, wheels, and doors. High traffic areas like floor boards and beds not so well. The Plasti-cote engine paint is great but there beliner sucks ballz. It's the worst I have ever seen for appearance and durability. The tip clogs super easy when your trying to spray it too.

joker291977
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
the one i have is in a gallon bucket roll on type so it should be a little thicker i would think i guess where going to find out as soon as we get a few days above 60 im going to do it and see how it turns out lets cross my fingers and hope its good if not ill scuff it up and put the old herc over top