PDA

View Full Version : No votes needed

2002wranglerX
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Democrats Prepare “Slaughter Solution” to Ram Unpopular Health Care Takeover Through Congress Without a Vote

Posted by Dave Schnittger on March 10th, 2010
The twisted scheme by which Democratic leaders plan to bend the rules to ram President Obama’s massive health care legislation through Congress now has a name: the Slaughter Solution.
The Slaughter Solution is a plan by Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), the Democratic chair of the powerful House Rules Committee and a key ally of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), to get the health care legislation through the House without an actual vote on the Senate-passed health care bill. You see, Democratic leaders currently lack the votes needed to pass the Senate health care bill through the House. Under Slaughter’s scheme, Democratic leaders will overcome this problem by simply “deeming” the Senate bill passed in the House - without an actual vote by members of the House.
An article in this morning’s edition of National Journal’s CongressDaily breaks the story, starting with the headline: “SLAUGHTER PREPS RULE TO AVOID DIRECT VOTE ON SENATE BILL (http://gopleader.gov/UploadedFiles/CD_03-10-10_Slaughter_Preps_Rule_To_Avoid_Direct_Vote_On_Se nate_Bill.pdf).” Excerpts:

House Rules Chairwoman Louise Slaughter is prepping to help usher the healthcare overhaul through the House and potentially avoid a direct vote on the Senate overhaul bill, the chairwoman said Tuesday.
Slaughter is weighing preparing a rule that would consider the Senate bill passed once the House approves a corrections bill that would make changes to the Senate version.
The CongressDaily report was authored by Anna Edney, with Billy House and Dan Friedman contributing.

ghost
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Good

OverkillZJ
03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Good

Huh?

ghost
03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I got 6kids and have never had a job that offerd health insurance, I have to go without it for myself to pay for my kids, almost every country in this world has a free healthcare system ,Im tired of payin for it

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
/\ lol matt...go back and read all of his posts...democrats.

if he isnt bitching that democrats are great, he's bitching how no one wheels cuz we dont go to the falls....just goes to show, if you dont agree with the democrat way, then there isnt really a way.

i had to look up all of his posts to see if he was joking when he said good, or if he was being serious

edit: i seriously dont mean to sound like an asshole, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i just think a lot of the comments you've made about politics (your opinion)
and this forum and a lot of my friends on this forum, are kind of ridiculous. maybe im just being difficult cuz im pissy myself. i dont know you, so maybe i just get the wrong idea over the internet

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I got 6kids and have never had a job that offerd health insurance, I have to go without it for myself to pay for my kids, almost every country in this world has a free healthcare system ,Im tired of payin for it

why do you have 6 kids if you cant afford all the necessities?

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
all the jobs i had have had health insurance, but it sure as hell wasnt free.

ghost
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
and theres some reason you like paying for your insurance? frankly I could give a crap about politics, I just want what we should have , free healthcare system. and by the way lime I never said anything to anyone about not wheelin I made a comment to a friend of mine, if you or others took offense maybe you feel it pertains to you. now say what you all want Im not arguing n Ive said all Ima say on this matter.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 04:50 PM
i didnt say i like paying for insurance, i dont like paying for my house, or my bills (but i do it) and i dont expect to get all that shit paid for for free. ive worked hard for all the things i have and im only 25. and it pisses me off when people want something for nothing. where the **** is work ethic anymore?

ghost
03-10-2010, 04:53 PM
how hard someone works should be reflected in their house size or kinda car they have but not how healthy they can be, poor people or uneducated people still have the god givin rite to live healthy lives

Deadman 94 xj
03-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Free health care!!!! Fawking bad ass! Who wouldn't want it. I sure as hell would. But, I'm not ready to turn my life over to the Gub'ment. Nor am I willing to watch the best healthcare system in the world go down the tube because of some welfare recipient half-breads that can't manage their own lives! (That was not a jab at you Ghost).

People hear the word "free" and a fire lights under their asses but what they fail to realize is that NOTHING is free.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
how hard someone works should be reflected in their house size or kinda car they have but not how healthy they can be, poor people or uneducated people still have the god givin rite to live healthy lives

but poor people and un educated people can still work, and pay for insurance. BUT THEY DONT\

edit: let me clarify, that people should get free health care, but not illegals and bums on the street. if you want free health care, become a citizen and get a goddamn job!!

OverkillZJ
03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Nothing is free, you're an idiot if you don't think the money will come from somewhere.

I pay for my insurance out of pocket, as I'm self employed and choose to make something of myself instead of bitching about "what I should be given."

You made your choices, no one here suggested you have six kids if you can't support them.

(From phone, excuse typos).

OverkillZJ
Nothing is free, you're an idiot if you don't think the money will come from somewhere.

I pay for my insurance out of pocket, as I'm self employed and choose to make something of myself instead of bitching about "what I should be given."

You made your choices, no one here suggested you have six kids if you can't support them.

(From phone, excuse typos).

Super Scout
and theres some reason you like paying for your insurance? frankly I could give a crap about politics, I just want what we should have , free healthcare system. and by the way lime I never said anything to anyone about not wheelin I made a comment to a friend of mine, if you or others took offense maybe you feel it pertains to you. now say what you all want Im not arguing n Ive said all Ima say on this matter.

First off its not free health care, its taxpayer funded healthcare second its not my fault nor any other American's fault that you have 6 kids. Its your problem America is the land of equal opportunity not outcomes. Im so damn sick and tired of everyone saying how every other country has free health care so should we ITS NOT FREE!!!! Why would anyone want the government involved in their healthcare. Im so sick of people wanting handouts its unreal. Yeah canada has healthcare their taxes are outrageous. Europe has it but the care there blows. Im about ready to blow a damn gasket....

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
and canadas free healthcare sucks...because they just dont give a ****. thats why there were people from canada coming to the us for medical treatment

jackb1
03-10-2010, 05:08 PM
I just want what we should have , free healthcare system.

Are you freakin kidding me? Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, not free healthcare. In a perfect world, everybody would get free healthcare, but neither you nor I are entitled to it.

It also is not a perfect world. I would be all for it if it wouldn't cost me more, but the unfortunate side effect of "free" healthcare is that the amount we each pay for it will be increased along with our pay scale. Nothing is free and you'll pay for it out of your wages just like I will pay out of my wages.

The only problem, is that higher earners will pay more than lower earners... and people with 6 kids they can't support will be getting benefits paid for by those with fewer kids that they could otherwise support.

jackb1
03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
poor people or uneducated people still have the god givin rite to live healthy lives

Maybe those people wouldn't be poor if they didn't have 6 kids more than they can support.

beat1078
03-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Now I am not jumping on any sides of this debate, let me be upfront with that.

1. I believe the way this is being brought up is incorrect. Since when is the agenda of the Commander in Chief above the agenda of the people whom elected the delegates in office? It is as if the elected officials do not hear the arguments of the people that will ultimately pay for this in one fassion or another.

2. Sometimes things happen in our lives that are outside of our control and those circumstances lead us to a place that we would not normally be but have to make the best of. Opportunities like this plan may (dare I say) stimulate the situations and allow better chances or better ways to make things right.

That is all.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM
beat, if im understanding number 2 correctly, you are saying that if bums get free healthcare it might make them want to do something with their life???

if thats the case i believe its totally false, getting so called "free" stuff, even though its not free, will just make more people think

"well what the **** i get free shit, i might as well be a loser and figure out what else i can get free"

beat1078
03-10-2010, 05:25 PM
beat, if im understanding number 2 correctly, you are saying that if bums get free healthcare it might make them want to do something with their life???....

Define Bum.
Someone that has hit hard times and wants to make the best of it and tries hard to go ahead instead of live off of all the system has to offer, in my eyes, is not a Bum.

If you refer to someone that wants to live off the system and not want to make better their lives, then yes, I agree with you.

Things that need to have more defined lines of establishment; a way that someone can not "Beat" (pardon the pun) the system and get a forever free ride.

Deadman 94 xj
03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
House members are concerned the Senate could fail to approve the corrections bill, making them nervous about passing the Senate bill with its much-maligned sweetheart deals for certain states.

It's such bullshit the way the government operates these days. The idiot president can't do a damn thing without congrssional approval. So what do they do? They bribe their way into a vote. The dirty snakes take it, hook line and sinker without regard to their reasons for being against the bill to begin with. This is nothing more than negotiations set up to benefit their personal careers. Forget what's right for the people...

This is not considered "checks and balances".

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 05:27 PM
thats the problem, you cant really draw a line between the type of bum

and you cant really define things...

that said, i think this system has worked fine for how many years, and now that Nobama is president people want to change things....why change shit that worked fine for so long?

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 05:32 PM
http://z.about.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/S/z/michelle_obama_lobster_full.jpg

beat1078
03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
...why change shit that worked fine for so long?

But has it? I am trying to stay as neutral as possible with this but consider this:

What would happen if you were injured badly enough that you had to spend, say, 30 days in the ICU. You would miss 30 days of work, you would have 30 days of ICU care and quite possibly 90 or 180 days of rehabilitive care to get close to being back to the way you were before your horrible accident.

What happens now? You have time with no income, time with hospital bills and time to get back on your feet and hopefully your employer didn't fire you over the ordeal. If you had health insurance it would cover some or all of this and if you had some sort of wage loss insurance you would have money coming in but what if you didn't..then what?

beat1078
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
and Brandon;

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-michelle-lunch.htm

your post isn't exactly a true statement.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM
right now, i dont have health insurance, so if i get hurt, im ****ed, so i am very very careful.

but, when i am working, i have health insurance, whether its company insurance or paid for out of my pocket.

all im saying is shit happens, and its happened for years. as far as i know, a company cant fire you for missing a lot of work for an injury. and if you have insurance or you dont have insurance, you still have time with no income. (some jobs even have a plan worked out to help you pay for shit in cases like that)

and....health insurance or not, you still have hospital bills. my dad is self employed and they ****ed him for like 30k for a kidney stone SIMPLE procedure. and he's worked his entire life and paid insurance his entire life. and he gets ****ed. but people that dont deserve it will be ok.

i dunno...the whole thing pisses me off.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
and Brandon;

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/obama-michelle-lunch.htm

your post isn't exactly a true statement.

BUT! lol....how do you know thats the truth? haha

beat1078
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
LOL..true. What oversight pannel is in place to make sure they post the truth or not about the truth?

I get fired up about all of this too. I have health care and my job pays part of it. I can select the type of insurance I want (within offered plans and insurers) and that can adjust how much I pay. With that said I choose to select a better overall plan because I have kids and because I get clumbsy sometimes. I want to make sure that I don't go broke because of stuff like that.

I am scared about what this plan will bring and how it will impact the quality of care my children will get. Now an even larger entity is saying things like "those procedures are not necessary" and that bothers me greatly.

mrdylanr
03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
...Wait how do you fit 6 kids in a TJ?

justin'sbig7
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM

and i have the god given right to be free from your burden. greed is not defined by wanting to keep whats yours, greed is demanding what is not yours, you made your choices to have 6 kids with no healthcare now you have a choice to make, live within your means or deal with the consequences. why do I and all the others here have to take care of you?

when i provide your family with "free" healthcare, what will i recieve in return? you had better not drink alcohol, smoke, or be overweight. that just wouldnt be fair to me, and i have the right to demand these things since you demand that i pay for your ass.

and dont give me that bullshit about how $$$= how healthy you can be, go to the ER, they CANT refuse you if you dont have insurance. also, insurance can be had for around $400 a month for a family, i researched it!!! (yes, i actually got off my ass and did something). thats about equal to..... A CAR PAYMENT!!!!! if your kids are so damn important to you, drive a beater and spend the dough on them.

the harder i work the more they take to give to leeches.... sell your toys and go get your kids insurance. i sure as hell work my ass off to provide for my family. and id get rid of all i have to keep them healthy WITHOUT burdening society. i live in my means, you should too.

i am not some pompus rich kid either. i grew up with my mom making a median income of $11k a yr no healthcare, 2 kids, and we never accepted govt assistance. if this shit keeps going this way i'll quit my job. theres becoming less and less reason to have one anymore, and all the reason not to.

Muzikman
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Then you live off your savings. If you don't have a savings, then you need to come up with money some other way. Sell your house, sell your car and sell your 60" big screen HD TV to pay for the things you need until you get back on your feet.

I have never seen the amendment in the constitution stating that all Americans get free healthcare. Did I miss this some where?

Could the healthcare system use some fixing, sure it can, however, what ever happens here is going to affect people for generations to come. It needs to be well thought out and agreed upon, not shoved down our throats. The government is too quick to react some times and not look into the future. They pass a bill today that even when it's no longer needed, it's still in affect. Hell, there is still a damn tax in PA to pay for the Johnstown Flood!

I think all laws should have a sunset. In 5 or 10 years congress sits down and decided if the law is still relevant, needed in it's current form, or should be done away with. If no action is taken, the law just goes away. This would give people the chance to fix all the screw ups that idiots have made over the last 200 years.

But has it? I am trying to stay as neutral as possible with this but consider this:

What would happen if you were injured badly enough that you had to spend, say, 30 days in the ICU. You would miss 30 days of work, you would have 30 days of ICU care and quite possibly 90 or 180 days of rehabilitive care to get close to being back to the way you were before your horrible accident.

What happens now? You have time with no income, time with hospital bills and time to get back on your feet and hopefully your employer didn't fire you over the ordeal. If you had health insurance it would cover some or all of this and if you had some sort of wage loss insurance you would have money coming in but what if you didn't..then what?

Sycotik Skier
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
agreed x100000 ^^^^^^

beat1078
03-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Then you live off your savings. If you don't have a savings, then you need to come up with money some other way. Sell your house, sell your car and sell your 60" big screen HD TV to pay for the things you need until you get back on your feet.

I have never seen the amendment in the constitution stating that all Americans get free healthcare. Did I miss this some where? ...

No and I agree with what you are saying. Like was previously said nothing is for free. Somewhere this crazy bill is going to be paid for and since it will come out of our pockets it should be written with our interists in mind, not theirs.

Sometimes things happen so fast all you are left with are the clothes on your back and you are happy to still be alive. The system was hopefully designed for those that want to go forward and reestablish themselves.

I definately agree about the sunset. Laws should be looked at to see if they still have the peoples best interest in place and if they are working towards their betterment.

Deadman 94 xj
03-10-2010, 06:02 PM
I already get free healthcare so screw you all LOL. I'm as neutral as it gets. But that doesn't mean I shed a blind eye to corruption when I see it.

Medical practice in our country is widely believed to be the best in the world. That said, it's not perfect by any means and most of that comes because of insurance companies. Inpatient care is almost none existant so that person wouldn't even see 30 days. They'd get a week and then be sent to an outpatient program so the insurance company can profit on the rest of the insurance premium that would have been used if the patient had spent the full 30 days in care. I know professionals that have given up their profession for this very reason.

There are ways to fix the spending and the costs and I won't claim to be an expspert because I'm not. But how about the fact that a $10k mechanical wheelchair goes to the recycler after the original owner passes away. You can walk into any hospital and I'll garurantee there's a room somewhere with quite a few of these chairs collecting dust. Why, because the way the beauracrocy is set up, it doesn't allow that chair to be financed or used by another patient. So that chair sits, collects dust, and the patient orders a new one.

Equipment is just one way to reduce spending and the costs of healthcare. But nobody wants to touch it because everybody wants a peice of the $$ pye. Democrats are unwilling to "trim the fat" because they have their own agenda. And when has proper management or conservative spending been a part of a democrats vocabulary?...

jackb1
03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
2. Sometimes things happen in our lives that are outside of our control and those circumstances lead us to a place that we would not normally be

I would like to agree with that. I would LIKE to, but I'm too much of a synic and know people will take advantage of the sytem. IF there were a way to help those in need who truly try to help themselves, I'm all for it. I'd be happy to pay for that out my own pocket. I just don't know how that will ever happen and until then. Keep your (not you specifically) hands out of my F'in pocket. And come get your computer parts (you specifically)

I think all laws should have a sunset.

Maybe, maybe not. But I know I'd love it if politician's had a sunset on terms.

Deadman 94 xj
03-10-2010, 06:12 PM
We already PAY out of our pockets! Social security for those the need and deserve it, and medicaid for those that qualify. F everybody else. They're too damn stupid. :)

2002wranglerX
03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Ghost: you're welcome

even though you didn't say thank you for us taxpayers paying for your lazy ass and all you're ****in kids.

2002wranglerX
03-10-2010, 08:01 PM
right now, i dont have health insurance, so if i get hurt, im ****ed, so i am very very careful.

but, when i am working, i have health insurance, whether its company insurance or paid for out of my pocket.

all im saying is shit happens, and its happened for years. as far as i know, a company cant fire you for missing a lot of work for an injury. and if you have insurance or you dont have insurance, you still have time with no income. (some jobs even have a plan worked out to help you pay for shit in cases like that)

and....health insurance or not, you still have hospital bills. my dad is self employed and they ****ed him for like 30k for a kidney stone SIMPLE procedure. and he's worked his entire life and paid insurance his entire life. and he gets ****ed. but people that dont deserve it will be ok.

i dunno...the whole thing pisses me off.

you didn't want to go for cobra?

and this discussion turned into libbies arguing with non libbies that health care should be free... it doesn't scare anyone that they're going to skip the entire system and basically say "well, it pretty much passed, so it's law now".

that's just scary, no matter where you are on this issue. But when you're an liberal, the end justifies the means, regardless of how much it cheapens our entire political system.

OverkillZJ
03-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Ghosts comments pissed me off enough to miss the point at hand... yes, it is very scary that Obama thinks it is entirely ok to bypass checks and balances that are there for a reason... I have more ranting, but typing on phone

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
get off the phone!!! LOL

and im with matt, ghost comments pissed me off and i didnt think about the fact that he can get away with anything he wants.

and dunbar, i didnt think i'd be out of work this long, they told me a month to 2 months, so i figured i'd make due, then by that time it was too late...stupid mistake i guess...lol

2002wranglerX
03-10-2010, 08:32 PM
get off the phone!!! LOL

and im with matt, ghost comments pissed me off and i didnt think about the fact that he can get away with anything he wants.

and dunbar, i didnt think i'd be out of work this long, they told me a month to 2 months, so i figured i'd make due, then by that time it was too late...stupid mistake i guess...lol

no worries, i was just wonderin

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 08:32 PM
and this thread about the 6 kids reminds me of the beginning of idiocracy....if you've never seen it you gotta watch it, or at least watch the first part of it

and, after thinking about this a little more, it pisses me off that you have 6 kids and want stuff for free...keep your ****ing stick tucked away!!!

ive been married for 2 years, and would love to have a child, but am scared to do it for a number of reasons....this ****ed up country being the main reason.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 08:37 PM
i found it!!! LOL

http://www.glumbert.com/media/idiocracy

here is the first 10 minutes!

http://www.spike.com/video/first-10-minutes-of/2811209

jackb1
03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
and, after thinking about this a little more, it pisses me off that you have 6 kids and want stuff for free...keep your ****ing stick tucked away!!!

ive been married for 2 years, and would love to have a child, but am scared to do it for a number of reasons....this ****ed up country being the main reason.

I'm with you. I've been married for 6 and still trying to get my stuff together enough to have a kid.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah every one of my close friends have kids now, or will within the next 3-4 months except my wife and i...we've always wanted kids. but when shit like this pops up, and the fact the economy sucks and jobs are scarce, its a total downer.

2002wranglerX
03-10-2010, 09:16 PM
yeah every one of my close friends have kids now, or will within the next 3-4 months except my wife and i...we've always wanted kids. but when shit like this pops up, and the fact the economy sucks and jobs are scarce, its a total downer.

i'm in the same boat. we've been married 17 months and she's gettin antsy lol.

OverkillZJ
03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
^ I respect all of you for choosing to live within your means instead of feeling someone else should do it for you, it's a settiment that many don't share unfortunately.

The_Internet
03-10-2010, 09:50 PM

You have no right to anything that someone else has to pay for. Maybe you should not have had 6 kids if you can't afford healthcare. And by the way, wheeling is an expensive hobby. You should drive a chevette and put your wheeling money into health insurance.

And some birth control.

You are just like the people in the ghetto. Breed like mad and want someone else to pay your bills. Are you on foodstamps, too?

tjblair
03-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Birth control! maybe thats what they should be giving away free:038:

Are you on foodstamps, too?
SHHHHH! don't tell him about those.

beat1078
03-10-2010, 10:23 PM
wow. you know its bad when the internet speaks up.

tjblair
03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
^LOL yah and he sounded pissed.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
i seriously need to find out who the internet is and buy him a beer for his wisdom on so many things...so come forth internet and show yourself!!!

beat1078
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
i bet its him:

http://mookieinhiding.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/max_headroom.jpg

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
LOL who is that? he looks like a dude from an old video game i used to play, but i cant remember which one!

OverkillZJ
Hahaha, I haven't seen the Internet around for awhile.

beat1078
max headroom.

Super Scout
03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I honestly love this site, we go from a full blown political arguement about healthcare to talking about the internet...I would like to meet him too.

limegreentj
03-10-2010, 11:48 PM
im still pissed though....not only about this, but my "first new post" button doesnt work!

JKchick
03-11-2010, 12:17 AM
why are you so upset by this?

Super Scout
03-11-2010, 12:21 AM
About what brandons first post or that fact that I already pay thousands of dollars in taxes only to have the government take more of my money to pay for healthcare for people who are not my responsibility or the fact that Obama thinks he can over step checks and balances in our country to pass an unconstitutional bill ? Because I could really care less about limegreens post hickey but the other two things really piss me off.

Super Scout
03-11-2010, 12:23 AM
For being as expensive a hobby as four wheeling is this entire convo really blows my mind... Life is all about priortys as much as I love four wheeling and I love Scouts. They are far from a main priority...

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 12:26 AM
/\ well said steve!

ghost
03-11-2010, 12:54 AM
all this talk about payin for me n my kids is crap I do not now or have I ever got any kind of gov assistance I workd and have paid for everything I got and my kids are very well takin care of with insurance paid for by me but I dont think me you or anyone should have to pay for it ,even freakin canada gets free healthcare

ghost
03-11-2010, 01:08 AM
oh and I also believe you should have to be employed to get the free healthcare, and welfare should be abolished

2002wranglerX
03-11-2010, 01:16 AM
,even freakin canada gets free healthcare

What to make of reports that Canadian official Danny Williams (http://www.premier.gov.nl.ca/premier/bio.htm) opted to have his heart surgery in the U.S. instead of in his homeland?
Williams, premier of Newfoundland and Labrador, apparently needed surgery on a leaky heart valve, a problem discovered when doctors detected a heart murmur. According to news accounts, he chose to have the surgery done in Florida (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-02-23/newfoundland-s-williams-says-doctors-recommended-u-s-surgery.html), where he could take advantage of a minimally invasive through-the-armpit procedure that promised to leave no scar on his chest and would allow for a speedier recovery than the traditional sternum-cracking open-heart approach.

and its AWESOME!!! so awesome their officials come to the US so they don't have to WAIT IN LINE.

and it's not FREE, there are several vids showing canadian doctors offices not being able to provide services and the nurses actually RECOMMENDING that the patient go somewhere and PAY for it.

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
once again, its not free healthcare.

i agree about being employed to get so called "free" health care.

but disagree that welfare should be abolished....i believe it should be monitored, and drug tests should be given to get welfare, but it is there for people that actually need it. unfortunately, thats not how people view it

pittim
03-11-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm just going to set this right here

http://sleevage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/500px-gadsden_flag.gif

Sycotik Skier
03-11-2010, 01:43 AM
I am a firm believer in government assistance programs such as WIC. It truly is needed for some people and some people don't abuse the system. My first job was working in a grocery store, and I've worked for everything I've ever gotten. My parents both work full time and busted their asses so my brother, sister, and I could have a good life growing up. When I worked in the grocery there were several white trash families with tons of kids that would bring their WIC checks and their food stamps in, load up several carts with prime steaks, twenty different bags of chips, 30 different kinds of cereal, and all this other non essential junk food. Then at the check out lane it was 3 or 4 cartons of cigs and a couple rolls of cope. They were eating better than my family could afford because the government bought their essentials. I personally quit a better paying job for one that pays less but offers insurance, I'm fortunate enough that the plant I work at supplies insurance cost free and it's damn good.

I have expensive hobbies such as jeep'n and skiing. I work two jobs so i can afford my two hobbies and I'd say I have a decent work ethic but apparently that's not common anymore. All the time at one of my jobs I hear coworkers bragging about living off the government, and it drives me crazy. And now I've been laid off for almost a month from my primary job and I can't collect unemployment because I have a second job. I lose out because I work. it's a screwed up system.
I strongly support drug tests for welfare along with government healthcare. I'd go out on a limb and say that you should be tested for nicotine and alcohol if you want free care. If you can't afford to pay insurance you sure as hell better not be buying tobacco or alcohol.
Too many Americans feel entitled to all this shit that some of us bust our asses to get, and it gets to the point where maybe I'd be better off sitting on my ass than getting up and going to work everyday.

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Ghost, don't feel bad. Appearently half of the executive government agrees with you. Well, a little less than half I guess.

This is nothing more than a typical political debate. I'll still buy you all a beer :)

Oh, and if I didn't have my Jeep I'd be living in a mansion in Fox Chappel LOL.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 02:02 AM
this is funny that this thread came into play... today i had to pick a topic for my college speech class. i choose " if you could be president, what 3 issuse would u address?"
i choose
1- Healthcare- SHOULD BE FREE FOR EVERYONE
2- Gun Control- SHOULD BE LEGAL to own in every state
3- Concealed Weapons Permit- SHOULD BE LEGAL to carry in every state

THESE ARE MY POINTS (MY OPINION)----- not trying to start sh*t

1- Free healthcare- IN a way that it WOULD NOT come out of ur poket like Medicaid does. ( I have many suggestions where people would not get taxed for this...) healthcare should be available for everyone NO matter race, creed, gender, religion, rich or poor. why is it that if u have health coverage if u go to the hospital you are still going to pay an arm and a leg. it is bullshit that eveyone dose not have it.

i can go on if anyone would like to debate this??

my point also is none of you r saying how u would change it?
ur just stating that its WRONG, n YOU DONT WANT TO PAY FOR IT.
also so the f wat if dave has 3, 6, 12 kids...??? you r all judging him as if he cant provide for them. how the **** do any of u have the right to judge him?????????? ... this is about healthcare not about that dave being a fertile **** lol

:116:

pittim
03-11-2010, 02:05 AM
this is funny that this thread came into play... today i had to pick a topic for my college speech class. i choose " if you could be president, what 3 issuse would u address?"
i choose

1- Free healthcare- IN a way that it WOULD NOT come out of ur poket like Medicaid does. ( I have many suggestions where people would not get taxed for this...) healthcare should be available for everyone NO matter race, creed, gender, religion, rich or poor. why is it that if u have health coverage if u go to the hospital you are still going to pay an arm and a leg. it is bullshit that eveyone dose not have it.

also so the f wat if dave has 3, 6, 12 kids...??? you r all judging him as if he cant provide for them. how the **** do any of u have the right to judge him?????????? ... this is about healthcare not about that dave being a fertile **** lol

Hope you used spell check ;)

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 02:05 AM
^^Unfortunatley you're living in a fantasy world. You can't debate that.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 02:08 AM
im sry about spelling, im just trying to make my point.

pittim
03-11-2010, 02:11 AM
Also, how is your plan going to go about having it completely 100% free for all?

Only way of doing that, from what I can see, is through non profit volunteer. If you were having an operation that your life depended on, would you want a volunteer doing it? Or someone who has gained a reputation for doing good work? Because they aren't the same person.

I think there is more of a problem with insurance co's rather than the access to health care.

You could compare it to auto insurace...kinda. You can get the bottom of the barrel coverage that you have very little annual fee, but incase shit goes bad you're paying out the ass, OR you could have a high annual fee and pay a little when shit goes wrong.

There are options for everyone.

2002wranglerX
03-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Problem 1 is the dems can't get the votes too pass this bill so they're changing the rules!

Problem 2 is you have a bill thousands of pages long full of unnecessary pork and beurocracy that people will vote yes on because its "better than nothing"

Problem 3 is this bill is not defeceit neutral. It saves taxes and robs medicare untill 2013 then uses those funds to cover all the defecit it creates. It is not sustainable.

Problem 4 is all the mentioned probs with canadas system

The republicaans have proposed over 30 measures to reform our healthcare system. Pelosi has not let one of them onto the floor for debate. I can get the info later if you wish when I'm not on my phone.

I'm not saying don't make changes, but osamabama has set a deadline which allows for no debate, no modification, no rewriting of any bill, just that the dems change the rules and force this through. Look at all the polling, healthcare is not popular.

As for dude having 6 kids, congrats, but don't expect my tax dollars to pay for their braces. You made em, you ****in pay for em.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 02:26 AM
well lets do this...
Why wouldnt i want a volunteer to work on me? they have a medical lisence... right??? they only reason other doctors are chosen over other doctors is because your insurance dosnt cover it!!! do u see where i going with this?
100% free healthcare- well taxation, regulation and education of cannabis?? just a thought...

there are numerous ways to fund this that would not create a bigger burden on the american tax payers... YOU AND ME

but for some reason no one wants to find these ways.. they just want to bitch

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 02:27 AM
This is nothing new. Our government has been fawked for a long time. In my short time on this planet I've never seen it fawked out in the open like this though.

It really is a joke. And these idiots are supposed to be in charge of my healthcare? Pelosi needs to be run over by a big truck...and then denied treatment as she goes into the ER.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 02:31 AM
HOW THE SH*T is dave coming into this??
he is not asking for any of you money or any of ur help.
all of u f'd this thread once again to bitch about somthing pointless. the thread is about healthcare not daves kids.. wtf

dave have 6 more if u want...
n im sure ur not gona try to steal my money lol

2002wranglerX
03-11-2010, 02:38 AM
The current bill is funded through robbing medicare and raising taxes. It doesn't matter what great ideas anyone has to fix it. Once we get this we are stuck with it. So why not take our time and do it right.

The original point. Of the thread is about how the dems plan to change the rules so they don't have to go to reconciliation, they can just consider the bill passed... which is horsesh!t.

2002wranglerX
03-11-2010, 02:41 AM
And there's a reason the us has so many foreign dr's... and why we have so many great foreign dr's....

$$$$$$$$$$

Once that goes away, so do those dr's. You get the c student cutrate dr's. Why do you think they left their home countries.... same thing will happen here.

pittim
03-11-2010, 02:42 AM
well lets do this...
Why wouldnt i want a volunteer to work on me? they have a medical lisence... right??? they only reason other doctors are chosen over other doctors is because your insurance dosnt cover it!!! do u see where i going with this?
100% free healthcare- well taxation, regulation and education of cannabis?? just a thought...

there are numerous ways to fund this that would not create a bigger burden on the american tax payers... YOU AND ME

but for some reason no one wants to find these ways.. they just want to bitch
You think letting people legally get high is the way to get citizens free healthcare?

2002wranglerX
03-11-2010, 02:48 AM
If this rule change happens it won't matter what we think. It'll only matter that they get a pork bill through the house or senate, then modify it to get through the other branches. F checks and balances. But don't worry! The sheeple will have govt assistance from the cradle to the grave.

You think letting people legally get high is the way to get citizens free healthcare?

pittim
03-11-2010, 02:50 AM
And there's a reason the us has so many foreign dr's... and why we have so many great foreign dr's....

$$$$$$$$$$

Once that goes away, so do those dr's. You get the c student cutrate dr's. Why do you think they left their home countries.... same thing will happen here.
A couple of my friends parents are doctors. I've heard them say that if this goes through, they will seriously debate closing their practice.

Doctors get paid so damn much because of their abilities that they had to work hard throughout school to get their license, then to gain a reputation.

If the government runs the show, the doctors that right now have the ability to charge more for their services wont be getting any business. Eventually you'll have people in the field that put "bids" out that are way too damn low for the work that needs to be done, they'll have way too much work, and the quality will go down the shitter.

Muzikman
03-11-2010, 03:02 AM
It's about responsibility, not handouts.

all of u f'd this thread once again to bitch about somthing pointless. the thread is about healthcare not daves kids.. wtf

Sycotik Skier
03-11-2010, 03:46 AM
if all doctors get paid equally why would any doctor bust his butt in school to excel, he get's paid the same whether he does amazing work or whether he's a butcher. Or how about when the government decides that so and so has lived a decent 55 years and a new heart would be a waste since he'll only get maybe 15 years out of it. We have amazing doctors because they strive to be the best and get recognized/compensated for it. Maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg. If he gets away with pushing this through as easily as he's making it, who's to say guns aren't next, or other priviledges. The government will continue to force us to conform to their ways and steal the american dream of making something for one's self instead of having everything handed to them.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 04:16 AM
so wat r u trying to say??.... anarchy..?? im not following u. :017:
well no matter what u want to think will happen the gov is in ur life so unless we try to make changes nothing is going to happen..
my first thought is to get rid of the one in the WHITE house now.. just my thoughts

JKchick
03-11-2010, 04:24 AM

its a thought..
if it was taxed in just a year it would pay for the same war we are in right now 5x over... just a thought :icon_weed:

Super Scout
03-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Here a solution whats mine is mine and whats yours is yours. If I find a charity that I think is worthwhile like helping the homeless or cancer patients than it is up to ME to donate MY money to them. I donate money to charity I would donate more if the government didnt think they could spend my money better than I can. The fact of the matter is this, I dont want the government anywhere near my health, hell they almost bankrupted the post office and they have a MONOPOLY!!! This healthcare plan is far from free and if anyone thinks the care will be half as good as it is now your crazy. As far as taxing weed to fund healthcare its a good idea but dont think it will generate near the amount of revenue needed to pay for this plan. The government takes enough of my money already why do you want them take more.

Super Scout
03-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Oh and LOGS ftw!!

justin'sbig7
03-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Jkchick, may I ask what your major is and what your planned career path is?

pittim
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
its a thought..
if it was taxed in just a year it would pay for the same war we are in right now 5x over... just a thought :icon_weed:
How so?

If pot is legal and taxed, only people who dont smoke now and want to try it out will buy from the government. People who are already smoking have their dealers.

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
NOTHING iS FREE!!!!

FREE HEALTHCARE WILL NEVER BE FREE!

tjblair
03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
How so?

If pot is legal and taxed, only people who dont smoke now and want to try it out will buy from the government. People who are already smoking have their dealers.
I dasagree, I also think that this would be a good money maker for the government. As for people already having their dealers, people aren't still buying alcohol from moonshiners and rum runners are they? no they go to the state store and buy the taxed alcohol. same would apply here IMO.

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I hate to keep bringing this up but:

this thread is about healthcare AND daves kids, he wants free healthcare, whether or not he CAN OR CANNOT take care of his kids, that is still asking us to pay for it. because whether you like it or not....its gonna be coming out of your pocket...because like i said....nothing is free. and if you think it is. you got a long way to go

pittim
03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I dasagree, I also think that this would be a good money maker for the government. As for people already having their dealers, people aren't still buying alcohol from moonshiners and rum runners are they? no they go to the state store and buy the taxed alcohol. same would apply here IMO.
Alcohol takes some work to make though, whereas all you have to do with pot is put it out in the sun.

DMG
03-11-2010, 10:36 AM

1st.
Health care is a multi-billion dollar industry in the US. If the government takes over, it will become much more costly due to government inefficiencies and abuse.

Please tell me how it can be free for everyone.

Doctors that make $150k a year right now aren't going to start working for free. So who pays? Us, the taxpayers.

2nd. Ghost is being discussed in this thread because HE posted in this thread stating that he has 6 kids and wasnts "free" healthcare for them. Since there is no such thing as free healthcare, he is asking other taxpayers to pay for his kids.

DMG
03-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Alcohol takes some work to make though, whereas all you have to do with pot is put it out in the sun.

Actually, growing pot takes some work if you want to have good yields.

(I used to ride motorcycles with some people who grew a LOT of weed. I do not grow weed)

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 10:40 AM
^there he is!!! where the hell have you been? 4 pages and nothing from you!

DMG
03-11-2010, 10:55 AM
^there he is!!! where the hell have you been? 4 pages and nothing from you!

We have been pretty busy this week at the shop.

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 11:05 AM
lame. but thats good. motors almost in, i cant find freezeplugs anywhere, and needed a different pilot bearing.

thread jack over....

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
There is an amazing amount of stupidity in this thread...

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
i second that!

edit: just remember, as much stupidity as there is in this thread.....there is SO much more in the world.....which is why shit like this happens!

we need a revolution!

DMG
03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
There is an amazing amount of stupidity in this thread...

Unfortunately some of the people you are referring to vote!

Christopher
03-11-2010, 12:31 PM
I am so proud of this forum
I did not have to say a thing
I'll only add that the reason the left and progressives want this so bad is control. They have control of banking, large portion of auto industry,home loans, soon full control of student loans. soon energy via cap and trade.

Don't let it happen.

They can't pass it because it is so bad.
they do not need ""bi-partisanship"" when they are in majority.

They are willing to fly the plane into the ship to get this done, against the will of the people.

Don't let them.

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
^seconded :)

Fascism at it's best.

Also, some of my student loans have already been "reformed' with a new owner...

...and don't forget they already have control of our toilets as well. Even though industrial tanks have no restriction, which makes up for 90% of water waste...

pittim
03-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Actually, growing pot takes some work if you want to have good yields.

(I used to ride motorcycles with some people who grew a LOT of weed. I do not grow weed)
I have no idea wtf to do to grow pot. I just figured it was a plant so it needed water and sun.
Some of my friends old roommates were growing in their apartments. All they had was a heatlamp on it. These kids didnt give two shits about anything and were incredibly stupid, so i figured if they could do it, it cant be that difficult.

DMG
03-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I have no idea wtf to do to grow pot. I just figured it was a plant so it needed water and sun.
Some of my friends old roommates were growing in their apartments. All they had was a heatlamp on it. These kids didnt give two shits about anything and were incredibly stupid, so i figured if they could do it, it cant be that difficult.

Yeah, I guess you don't have to get as fancy as some people do. I know you have to seperate the male and female plants and clip themat the right times, etc.

2002wranglerX
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
a little ot, but in regards to the spending, anyone catch the times article. With spending on its' current level with the obama administration, taxes are slated to double within 10 years...

Super Scout
03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
YAAAAAY you know what that means higher taxes= More free stuff!!! You know it would be so great if the government just took all my money and in return gave me free stuff. Like a car the same car everyone else has but still its free!! A house maybe not the one I would really want but free!! Healthcare the care may suck but hey its free!! Man just thinking about it makes me so happy the government can decide what I eat, where I work, what I drive, where I live no more decisions!!!! I just cant understand why all you guys are so againts this great plan.

The self entitlement in this country is going to destroy us. This is America you want something go and get it. Waiting on the government to provide is nothing short of pathetic.

beat1078
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
They tried that somewhere once...where was it....
Russia.

Christopher
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Don't go brining up history...geeze

Gov is enlightened now and they know what is best for you. Your not evolved enough to know.
Just go to work, pay your taxes, eat what we tell you, drive what we tell you, get the health care we allow you, keep off gov land, use the lightbulbs we tell you, fish where we tell you,
volunteer your time for your student loan & shut up slave.

Congresswoman Dalkempers office phone is busy and voicemail is full...
think anyone is mad??

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Free anything takes away our freedom. That is the price we pay, on top of taxation and whatever else they try to get away with.

There are two types of laws:
Natural laws and Positive laws.

Natural laws are God given laws for humanity. Right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness, for example.

Positive laws are man made laws that we all have to live with becuase they're catered toward stuid people. Stopping at an intersection for example (although I can understand this one :)) It used to be that you'd have to get out a fire a shotgun at an intersection and do the same thing at the next intersection lol.

The government loves "Positive law" and they do what ever they can to pass new ones. It's what they do. It makes their ****s hard. The problem is this always ends up contradicting Natural laws in some way. It's the same thing that will happen if the government gets a hold of healthcare.

It will become another beaurocracy full of Positive laws that will do nothing but dehuminze you and I. Again, because it's what they love to do and the nature of beaurocratic government. A good example of this would be the US postal service Vs. Fedex. The postal service is a huge beaurocracy with needless regulations left and right. You have to jump through endless hurdles just to send a package. Were as fedex has the same exact service but with a much more user friendly commitment to it's customers.

When this healthcare beaurocracy becomes so confusing and so inhuman, you'll begin to see the corruption behind closed doors and they'll get away with it because 'who are you going to go after'? .....That's all just my opinion. Either way, the main point is still, nothing is free.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Unfortunately some of the people you are referring to vote!

i voted and the one i voted for didnt win.. i hate the person in the white house. this year i got fu*kd on taxes, school loans and my house burnt down on Jan 4th and its takin 3 months n my dad n stepmom r are still in a hotel b/c the home owners insurence is fu*kd as well n they cant get there check yet to rebuilt....
maybe i came off wrong...
i do not agree with this bill at all!!!!!
i simply stated that Healthcare should be free for all, BUT in a way that it would NOT come out of your and mine pocket, there r ways that this could work..

as to Justin'sbig7- my career path is Real Estate i have my lisence n the market isnt as bad as ppl say. my major is Interior Design and im also geting a minor in Italian.. the only reason i take debate n public speaking classes in college is b/c i like to voice my thoughts on topics such as ones in this thread

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
"should be free for all but not come out of our pockets" - THINK - where is it coming from?

NOTHING OF VALUE IN LIFE IS FREE.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
listen im not saying that I/ ME have all the answers in the world to slove the Healthcare issue... i dont
but like i said earlier in the thread.. taxation, education and regulation of cannabis. im taking about the hemp, the oil, u can eat it, smoke it. its a healing herb in many places. it could work. it is i guess coming out of YOUR pocket (only if u smoke the sh*t) but if this was done it would be a start.. could provide Healthcare ( maybe not all of the funds, but its a start)
:102: just sayin
work wit me here.... jezzz
u guys are a tough crowd

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
listen im not saying that I/ ME have all the answers in the world to slove the Healthcare issue... i dont
but like i said earlier in the thread.. taxation, education and regulation of cannabis. im taking about the hemp, the oil, u can eat it, smoke it. its a healing herb in many places. it could work. it is i guess coming out of YOUR pocket (only if u smoke the sh*t) but if this was done it would be a start.. could provide Healthcare ( maybe not all of the funds, but its a start)
:102: just sayin
work wit me here.... jezzz
u guys are a tough crowd

I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what you just tried to say... :\

JKchick
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
:064:

Super Scout
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Free or not Free isnt the main issue here its government run and government doing what they want when the majority of voters dont want it. Our forefathers are flipping sideways in their graves. This country was setup on checks and balance so that no matter what in the end the people got what the people wanted. It was also founded on the basis that the government stay the hell out of peoples personal lives. What they are trying to do now has far bigger issues than healthcare. Its dictatorship and makes me sick thinking people in this country support it. ITS AMERICA PEOPLE FORGE YOUR OWN DAMN PATH. JFK once said "ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country" Now people think it should be the other way around. I want the government as far away from business as possible and you want them running your healthcare, its F&*%ing crazy!!!!!

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm not entirely sure I have any idea what you just tried to say... :\

She said weed is going to solve all of the worlds problems...in a nut shell.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
im not saying weed is a fix all soultion. its just an avenue
its just an option....

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I can't stop laughing, and I don't even know where to start....

I need a beer, that'll fix my frustration of reading a lot of this, but I'll pay for it!

pittim
03-11-2010, 04:39 PM
its just an option....
Letting people legally get high all the time will possibly make them lose their job due to attendance problems. Now, their income has stopped, so they will not be able to buy weed from the gubment anymore.

There goes the money for free healthcare for everyone.

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I have no problem with weed - legalize it and pay for it. Yet free weed from the governent has me raising an eyebrow and saying WTF.

I still don't understand how it was brought up as even part of a problem for health care, though...

justin'sbig7
03-11-2010, 05:17 PM
i voted and the one i voted for didnt win.. i hate the person in the white house. this year i got fu*kd on taxes, school loans and my house burnt down on Jan 4th and its takin 3 months n my dad n stepmom r are still in a hotel b/c the home owners insurence is fu*kd as well n they cant get there check yet to rebuilt....
maybe i came off wrong...
i do not agree with this bill at all!!!!!
i simply stated that Healthcare should be free for all, BUT in a way that it would NOT come out of your and mine pocket, there r ways that this could work..

as to Justin'sbig7- my career path is Real Estate i have my lisence n the market isnt as bad as ppl say. my major is Interior Design and im also geting a minor in Italian.. the only reason i take debate n public speaking classes in college is b/c i like to voice my thoughts on topics such as ones in this thread

Will you perform the real estate services for all of us here free of charge and also perform interior decorating services for us at no charge? If you do this, how will you pay your student loans?

tjblair
03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Thats all you have to do with tobacco, yet state and national government make millions taxing it.:101:

Letting people legally get high all the time will possibly make them lose their job due to attendance problems. Now, their income has stopped
This is the same thing that they said about alcohol during the proabition,:beatidiot guess what the government was wrong then too.

its just an option....
I totally agree with JKchick on this one, Im not saying that it is a fix all solution, but it is definitly worth looking in to. It would definitly bring in alot of new tax dollars for the government. But they would probably give it to GM,or Crystler or somthing else useless instead of healthcare.:048:

DMG
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
i have no problem with legalizing weed and taxing it but that probably won't pay for health care.

tjblair
03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
i have no problem with legalizing weed and taxing it but that probably won't pay for health care.
I don't think that it would pay for all of the healthcare, but it is a start.:109:

DMG
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't think that it would pay for all of the healthcare, but it is a start.:109:

You just want some legal weed, Jeff :flipoff2:

tjblair
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Haven't done it it years. But if it were legal, hell yah I would probably toke one up.

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't want to start a debate, and don't really give a sh!t if anyone disagrees, but weed makes people fawking retarded. Legalize it and you'll have a lot more retards walking around. JMO

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
^this.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't want to start a debate, and don't really give a sh!t if anyone disagrees, but weed makes people fawking retarded. Legalize it and you'll have a lot more retards walking around. JMO

not debating
alcohol makes a sh*t ton of people turn into retards... deff more than half the ppl i know
it effects everyone different

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 10:31 PM
^^Good point. Look at the restrictions placed on alcohol and the BS it causes. Why create more BS.

The government could make a lot of money off of it though. That's for sure. More restrictions, citations for public retardness, DUI's...the list goes on.

tjblair
03-11-2010, 10:33 PM

Just think how stupid you were back when you were drinking...... Yet that is perfectly legal. I really don't care if it is legal or not. The people who do smoke pot are going to if it is legal or not. We might as well get somthing out of it. I just don't see why it isn't legal. I think that alcohol has alot more negative effects. Two years ago when I was drinking I probably seen it differently. Lol

Deadman 94 xj
03-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Jeff, that's just my way of looking at it. I won't get into what I think about alcohol. It's a little different to me. Having a few beers and being responsible is a little different than toking up some chronic IMO. LOL

justin'sbig7
03-11-2010, 10:46 PM
jkchick -

Will you perform the real estate services for all of us here free of charge and also perform interior decorating services for us at no charge? If you do this, how will you pay your student loans?

joshs1ofakindxj
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
not debating
alcohol makes a sh*t ton of people turn into retards... deff more than half the ppl i know
it effects everyone different

I'm sorry, but after reading your previous posts and analyzing them, I have concluded you are over opinionated, foolish, and just plain wrong. You should be taking macroeconomics, not public speaking.

:074:

Give me liberty or give me death...nuff said. - Patrick Henry

JKchick
03-11-2010, 11:12 PM
After reading your previous posts and analyzing them, I have concluded you are over opinionated, foolish, and just plain wrong.

:074:

Give me liberty or give me death...nuff said. - Patrick Henry

well opinions are like assho!es...... :023:

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
For someone taking a course on debating, you should, probably keep practicing.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 11:20 PM
jkchick -

i have not stated that doctors n nurses will provide there services pro bono ..
they will be paied

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 11:22 PM
craziest thread of 2010!

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 11:23 PM
i have not stated that doctors n nurses will provide there services pro bono ..
they will be paied

Paied is not a word. PAID is. Seriously, no one is going to take anything you say seriously if you can't type coherently.

And to the point - as has always been the point - paid by whom.

JKchick
03-11-2010, 11:25 PM
For someone taking a course on debating, you should, probably keep practicing.

this is my pratice...

r u trying to insult me? i dont understand if you are being condescending or not?

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 11:30 PM
this is my pratice...

r u trying to insult me? i dont understand if you are being condescending or not?

Practice, not "pratice" - which is not a word. Neither are "r" or "u."

I'm not insulting you, but if you want to form a valid argument, pick it, back it up, and TYPE IN ENGLISH.

:009:

JKchick
03-11-2010, 11:45 PM
OMG
i am so sorry.. for typing short hand. i am on a cell phone and dont care if i spell shit wrong. i think u all get the point.
i dont care if any of u take me serious.. its not like im geting a grade for this post

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
what if your college professor was on here? lol

i kid i kid...im no longer being serious in this thread anymore....cuz its absolutely INSANE!

pittim
03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Thank God she's doing a speech and not writing a paper for her class.

(Just busting your (lack of) balls, Megan ;))

JKchick
03-11-2010, 11:53 PM
what if your college professor was on here? lol

i kid i kid...im no longer being serious in this thread anymore....cuz its absolutely INSANE!

if he was i would get a fu*kin A+ hahaha

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Thank God she's doing a speech and not writing a paper for her class.

(Just busting your (lack of) balls, Megan ;))

lullz! classic stuff

OverkillZJ
03-11-2010, 11:57 PM
OMG
i am so sorry.. for typing short hand. i am on a cell phone and dont care if i spell shit wrong. i think u all get the point.
i dont care if any of u take me serious.. its not like im geting a grade for this post

I call BS. Your IP address is c-71-60-***-**.hsd1.pa.comcast.net - it's a comcast connection (device or computer,) not a cell phone.

Grammar Nazi's head will explode. :biggrin:

Time for bed, I don't know why I'm still checking in on this mess.

limegreentj
03-11-2010, 11:59 PM
its an addiction man....im the same way...i think i said i was done like 4 pages ago!

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:03 AM
i am on a ''off-road'' website
if any of u care about my spelling ill let u read my paper on gun control :icon_winkle:
( n yes you should be able to own and carry a gun in every state)

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:04 AM
i choose

here is a debate for you:

1. money does not grow on trees. you either have to ask (or force) someone to provide this for free, or pay them from monies supplied from somewhere. if you tax ANYTHING it becomes a cost and is not free. explain how it will be free? no taxing anything, just free?

2. yes, the constitution provides this. it is a simple (no need for interpretation) document guaranteeing our individual freedoms. the states and federal need to better uphold it. i guess i have no debate here.

3. permits are actually unconstitutional from the word go. we dont have to have a permit to practice free speech, why have one to carry a gun? HOWEVER we do have these and states may or may not uphold another states permit. it is not, in fact, any business of the federal gov't to force anything on a state. it is called states rights and is violated wayyyy too often.

to provide a better solution than govt run healthcare, how about tort reform? a large cost of insurance is settling lawsuits, some are indeed justified, but A LOT are like the hot coffee suit. open the market so that folks can buy insurance over state lines (more companies to choose from = competition= cheaper and better offers and perks), healthy living discounts (similar to safe driver discounts = incentive to stay in shape) also, take the cost of your healthcare off of the top of your taxes (tax credit). this will make it much more affordable and folks will be paying for it themselves without govt help

i have the right to judge anyone who is irresponsible and thus needs to burden me. i am responsible, why do i have to pay for those who arent?

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 12:06 AM
here is a debate for you:

1. money does not grow on trees.

it does when you're in college... at least you think it does... i remember, it wasn't that long ago

Bill
03-12-2010, 12:07 AM
:popcorn2:

I have been reading this post for about the last 5 minutes or so...

I sum it up like this.

Ghost... You started this horrid mess. I understand why as you have stated you have 6 children and must pay for the healthcare of all 6. In doing so you are making sacrifices and forego having insurance yourself. I am assuming you have made quite a few sacrifices both financial and not, as having 6 children is quite a bit of responsibility. On top of that you have stated that you would like to see welfare abolished.

That all being said, I must ask you this... What is the difference between the free handouts given to the welfare recipients and the free handouts that would be given to those needing healthcare? It is the tax dollars of US citizens either way. Tax dollars going to, in many cases, freeloaders. Sounds to me like you just want a piece of the pie. I am not sure if you are jealous of those on welfare and getting the handout, or if you are not willing to work for what you need. You state you have never had a job with healthcare benefits for you and your family. Sounds to me like you should not be concerned with the free healthcare that may happen someday. I think your efforts would be better suited if you would just look for a different job. I would suggest one that provides you and your family the type of benefits that you need.

I deal with folks on welfare all the time. I see them working the system to try to get free handouts every chance they get. They want money, food stamps, healthcare, whatever they can get! (At the expense of hard-working tax payers at that!) Some of them have large families as well. We all know the jokes about adding children = more of the governement-supplied income. How is what you are asking for any different? You want a free ride.

If you can't afford to provide for the family you have now I suggest:
http://www.sexwithcondoms.co.uk/Durex_Performax_Condom_LRG.jpg
(The healthcare costs for 7 kids is even more than the costs for 6!)

JKChick... Where to start?

Obviously you have Overkill on edge. I understand why. How can you possibly debate anything when the impression of your grammatical errors are making you appear foolish? A bit of advice here - Sometimes how you say something is just as important as what you are saying. Sometimes we call it tact. Matt is correct in telling you if you are trying to say something you should try to say it using proper english. (AKA put down the weed and pick up the dictionary!)

Now lets visit that for one second. I am not one to really enter the debate over the legalization of marijuana. I will say this - If it were legalized I believe it would end up taxed in a very similar manner to alcohol or tabacco and the tax money would be wasted on other government programs (some of them for alcoholics and for medical programs for cancer treatment) that probably will not end up paying for mainstream healthcare. I don't see our elected officials legalizing it anytime in the near future. If they do they do, I just don't think it will happen in my opinion and truly I could care less either way. If by some miracle they did it isn't going to give us all free healthcare.

In the end healthcare is big business. Just look locally. Look at the power struggles between the local healthcare giants. Pittsburgh has a ton of healthcare-related businesses. UPMC, West Penn-Allegheny Health System, need I say more? Think the government is going to cover the profits for them? (Yes, yes, I know they are non-profit organizations - Thats another debate all together for a different day!)

I think more people need to work with the system we have. Is it perfect? NO! Is it good? Sometimes. We have it. Work within what you have until it gets better. Government freebies are never the answer!

limegreentj
spelling bugs me, but thats about it...punctuation, and capital letters, and stuff does not...but there is just something about a bad speller that makes me think- 'tard

no offense.

JKchick
family of 4 both parents work, to make ends meet, which is what needs to be done in this day and age. one of the parents smokes pot, gets busted and goes to jail. tax payers money is providing for his basic needs while he is in prison. the flip side the mother cant work because she needs someone to watch the kids. she goes to a local assistance office to apply for help which is paid for by tax payers. when i talk about legalization of cannabis im not only speaking of the money creatd by selling it and taxing it but also the tax payer money freed up from no longer enforcing that law.

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:08 AM
i am on a ''off-road'' website
if any of u care about my spelling ill let u read my paper on gun control :icon_winkle:
( n yes you should be able to own and carry a gun in every state)

what state are you not allowed to own a gun?

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:14 AM
family of 4 both parents work, to make ends meet, which is what needs to be done in this day and age. one of the parents smokes pot, gets busted and goes to jail. tax payers money is providing for his basic needs while he is in prison. the flip side the mother cant work because she needs someone to watch the kids. she goes to a local assistance office to apply for help which is paid for by tax payers. when i talk about legalization of cannabis im not only speaking of the money creatd by selling it and taxing it but also the tax payer money freed up from no longer enforcing that law.

in that scenario....i say, grow the **** up and put down the pot if you have kids and a family to raise.

2002wranglerX

the parent high on drugs drives their family mini van into a construction sight severely injuring or possibly killing several workers and after rolling the van, most of his family.

tax payers are now on the hook for all of those people.

it can go both ways. i knew plenty of potheads that thought they drove fine high...

Deadman 94 xj
Maybe the parent of 4 shouldn't be a pot head? Hmmm

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 12:15 AM
what state are you not allowed to own a gun?

the state she's coming from... the state of CONFUSION :icon_toilet:

pittim
I call BS. Your IP address is c-71-60-***-**.hsd1.pa.comcast.net - it's a comcast connection (device or computer,) not a cell phone.

Grammar Nazi's head will explode. :biggrin:

Time for bed, I don't know why I'm still checking in on this mess.
Maybe her phone has wifi and shes connected to a router at her place.

Just an idea (Read: Just adding fuel to the fire :))

JKchick
im sorry once again i ****d up....
i forgot to put in ''concealed carry" weapon

Bill
03-12-2010, 12:17 AM

How many people do you think are actually in jail for smoking pot? Its typically a violation that is not punished with jail time. I was just in court earlier this week and saw a guy fined for getting caught with almost 5 lbs of weed and $8500 in cash. The final fine, including court costs barely put a dent in the $8500 that was returned to him. Had it been cocaine, heroin, or meth it would have been different I'm sure.

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 12:17 AM
****d

there's an e in ****ed

Bill
03-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Maybe the parent of 4 shouldn't be a pot head? Hmmm

Amen. Sounds like those kids have one hell of a role model and some great parental influence!

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:18 AM
and honestly, whats next, if pot was legalized, then people would want coke legalized....theyve wanted pot legalized since it was discovered!

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:19 AM
YOU GUYS WIN !!!!!!!

im done.... holly sh!t people

2002wranglerX
How many people do you think are actually in jail for smoking pot? Its typically a violation that is not punished with jail time. I was just in court earlier this week and saw a guy fined for getting caught with almost 5 lbs of weed and $8500 in cash. The final fine, including court costs barely put a dent in the $8500 that was returned to him. Had it been cocaine, heroin, or meth it would have been different I'm sure.
http://images.coolchaser.com/themes/t/417977-i197.photobucket.com-albums-aa151-richskater5552-ace_ventura.gif

Deadman 94 xj
Amen. Sounds like those kids have one hell of a role model and some great parental influence!

You got that right. Real productive members of society...

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:21 AM
YOU GUYS WIN !!!!!!!

HOLY

i
LOL! :044:

DEBATE FAIL!

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
im sorry once again i ****d up....
i forgot to put in ''concealed carry" weapon

okay, once again, i revert to my previous post. states put permits on concealed carry, wich is unconstitutional, but still happens. what right is it of the federal government to violate states rights and force its will upon them? realistically, it should go without saying that the permits are BS. a criminal will carry regardless. we should be looking to get the CCP repealed at the state level otherwise we are no better than the gun grabbers using the fed to get at all of us in one swoop.

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
k i take that back i just dont wantd to get bained for stating wat i think because you all dont agree with me

Deadman 94 xj
03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
JKchick, nothing personal but,

STAY IN SCHOOL!

:nod:

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
okay, once again, i revert to my previous post. states put permits on concealed carry, wich is unconstitutional, but still happens. what right is it of the federal government to violate states rights and force its will upon them? realistically, it should go without saying that the permits are BS. a criminal will carry regardless. we should be looking to get the CCP repealed at the state level otherwise we are no better than the gun grabbers using the fed to get at all of us in one swoop.

u wana start a new post on this one...
i can go for days

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:26 AM
im getting a headache reading what you type....but i think you said you dont want to get banned for stating what you think?

if thats the case, you wont get banned, because thats your opinion and it wouldnt be right to ban you for expressing your opinion and not being an asshole about it.

only a democrat would do something like that :fuelonthefire:

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:29 AM
im getting a headache reading what you type....but i think you said you dont want to get banned for stating what you think?

if thats the case, you wont get banned, because thats your opinion and it wouldnt be right to ban you for expressing your opinion and not being an asshole about it.

only a democrat would do something like that :fuelonthefire:

sorry you are getting a headache brahh
sorry iv also been dying to say that
DO NOT get pissed, just getting tired

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:31 AM
not pissed brah...sall good

pittim
03-12-2010, 12:32 AM

So you're agreeing with her on that subject.

k i take that back i just dont wantd to get bained for stating wat i think because you all dont agree with me

Kinda doubt you're going to get banned for posting your opinion on here...

...at least I think thats what you're worrying about. I dont really know what you just said :overkill:

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:33 AM
YOU GUYS WIN !!!!!!!

please dont take it the wrong way, there are a lot of things you seem to be on the right track with. there is a lot to learn and IMHO you really dont learn it from a college professor or even at home for that matter, you come off as having a glassy eyed view of the world and have a lot of passion. it is a good thing, but arm yourself with facts. when you get out into the work force and see how much is taken and see the real world, that is when you get your education. when you get frustrated, as the quoted post seems to be, that is when you lose a debate. do your research and take an OBJECTIVE economics class. study the founding fathers and i think you may find many of your answers.

and i will not be a poor spportsman win or lose. i would buy anyone here a drink and have friendly wheelin conversation any time.

pittim
03-12-2010, 12:33 AM
If anyone should be banned, it's Brandon for using brah all the damn time.

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:34 AM
^another well said post justin!

edit: AND TIM!

lol...just wait til after this thread dies so i can keep up with the action!

Bill
03-12-2010, 12:35 AM

Taken under advisement! :flipoff2:

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:35 AM
So you're agreeing with her on that subject.

i guess i am. if you are not a felon, you get to practice your rights. cut and dry

Deadman 94 xj
03-12-2010, 12:36 AM

LOL, seconededed

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:36 AM
i havent used brah in a long time...now...back to the arguement!

where were we?

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:37 AM
LOL, seconededed

have another brew! LOL

those better be shirley temples!

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:37 AM

where were we?

getting ready to sing kumbaya :flipoff2:

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:39 AM
lol....

Deadman 94 xj
03-12-2010, 12:40 AM

...and if he offers me another Shirley Temple!

pittim
03-12-2010, 12:42 AM

where were we?
What argument? We've shifted gears. Current topic: How F'ing stupid the word "brah" is.

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
please dont take it the wrong way, there are a lot of things you seem to be on the right track with. there is a lot to learn and IMHO you really dont learn it from a college professor or even at home for that matter, you come off as having a glassy eyed view of the world and have a lot of passion. it is a good thing, but arm yourself with facts. when you get out into the work force and see how much is taken and see the real world, that is when you get your education. when you get frustrated, as the quoted post seems to be, that is when you lose a debate. do your research and take an OBJECTIVE economics class. study the founding fathers and i think you may find many of your answers.

and i will not be a poor spportsman win or lose. i would buy anyone here a drink and have friendly wheelin conversation any time.

ok im not taking it the wrong way. "glassy eyed view", "get out into the work force", "real world"...... not trying to tell my life story on a thread but i moved out at 15, lived in my own apt at 16 and paied my own bills and taxes. put myself through high school and now college. was the first intern at Howard Hanna and have worked since i was 16 full time (40 hrs +). iv been in the real world and these are why i have such a thick head out what i think is correct.
But thank you lol

pittim
03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
...and if he offers me another Shirley Temple!
Give him a break, his jeep doesn't run in winter so he hasn't been out of the house since November.

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:45 AM
is this over yet....??

so how about Healthcare... :flipoff2:
or them Pens...

OverkillZJ
Jkchick - if I wanted to ban you, I'd have done it pages ago. There's nothing against the rules here for a debate, this subsection was created for that reason. If I banned everyone I disagreed with at some point, no one would be left. I ban people for posting about drinking on the trails, and posting directions to wheeling locations that shouldn't be shared on a public site.

(That really was typed from my phone, and I typed banned correctly.)

justin'sbig7
u wana start a new post on this one...
i can go for days

i dont think it would be a debate.... based on what you have said on this subject it would probably be an agreement thread based on all of the opinions on this subject here.

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Give him a break, his jeep doesn't run in winter so he hasn't been out of the house since November.

troof.

JKchick
03-12-2010, 12:52 AM
am i losing cool points for this thread??? hahahah

pittim
03-12-2010, 12:54 AM
am i losing cool points for this thread??? hahahah
Like you wouldn't believe.

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 12:55 AM
i have added more positive reputation to people in this thread, in 2 days, than i have since ive signed up here

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 12:55 AM
ok im not taking it the wrong way. "glassy eyed view", "get out into the work force", "real world"...... not trying to tell my life story on a thread but i moved out at 15, lived in my own apt at 16 and paied my own bills and taxes. put myself through high school and now college. was the first intern at Howard Hanna and have worked since i was 16 full time (40 hrs +). iv been in the real world and these are why i have such a thick head out what i think is correct.
But thank you lol

thats great. sounds similar to what my life has been. how did you do 40 hours at 16 and still go to school full time? (impressive). i didnt mean to be condescending with my comments, however most people who have been in the work force seem to understand there is no such thing as free, wich is how i formed my "glossy eyed" comment. i wish i was as generous as you, your work ethic seems similar to mine, i would just rather choose what cause i support as opposed to being forced to support someone elses cause. how do you not get upset seeing your hard work get wasted?

xj jimmy
03-12-2010, 12:57 AM
+10 cool points!

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:00 AM
thats great. sounds similar to what my life has been. how did you do 40 hours at 16 and still go to school full time? (impressive). i didnt mean to be condescending with my comments, however most people who have been in the work force seem to understand there is no such thing as free, wich is how i formed my "glossy eyed" comment. i wish i was as generous as you, your work ethic seems similar to mine, i would just rather choose what cause i support as opposed to being forced to support someone elses cause. how do you not get upset seeing your hard work get wasted?

i droped out of school and started cyber school and workd 40 hr weeks.
my hard work gets wasted every month on BILLS.... n now my jeep payment!! :040: but the jeep is not a waste

pittim
03-12-2010, 01:02 AM
my hard work gets wasted every month on BILLS.... n now my jeep payment!! :040: but the jeep is not a waste
you get your spare fixed yet?

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:03 AM
well, in all seriousness, congratulations to you for actually making something of yourself, and doing your best with what you have, instead of being a product of your environment!

justin'sbig7
03-12-2010, 01:04 AM

your bills and jeep are not a waste, they are the things you work for. i mean seeing 40% of your gross pay going for special programs that help people who did not overcome. dropped out, had a bunch of kids, collect welfare and refuse to find a job? or a growing govt that you obviosly dont agree with?

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:06 AM
you rememberd lol.. im always broke BUT
haha the jeep was going to the shop today to get a header seal for the roof (leaking) and i was going to get a new tire FINALLY but it was too nice out and i wantd to go fishing and ride with the top down. soo im going to drop it off next week lol

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:07 AM
if you have the tire, bring it here and ill do it for you

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:09 AM
back to Healthcare.. Michael Moore is on CNN right now talking about Democrats

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:12 AM
michael moore is a turd....i agree with him on some things, and really disagree with him on other things

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:13 AM
if you have the tire, bring it here and ill do it for you

i blew the sidewall and dude is cuting me a good deal on a new tire. but thank you

P.S.
i owe you all a beer, or jack n coke. im not 21 and i dont drink beer (or smoke pot btw) but i will be glad to make peace with all lol

Deadman 94 xj
03-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Oh man. Michael Moore can suck on a hand grenade for all I care. He's more of a joke than anything else really.

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:17 AM
moore ... it was a joke. i dont like him either before this starts another shit storm

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:18 AM
like was said, we might not agree with each others views, but we all have one thing in common, wheeling/jeeps

i look out for the fellow jeeper/wheeler...all is good

pittim
03-12-2010, 01:20 AM
like was said, we might not agree with each others views, but we all have one thing in common, wheeling/jeeps

i look out for the fellow jeeper/wheeler...all is good
Oh God here comes the Heep talk BS

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
/\ yotas too dickhole...ive helped a yota or 2 in my day...btw, you get your sliders painted or what?

Deadman 94 xj
03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
moore ... it was a joke. i dont like him either before this starts another shit storm

LOL, no shit storm. I'm going to bed! :D

pittim
03-12-2010, 01:22 AM
/\ yotas too dickhole...ive helped a yota or 2 in my day...btw, you get your sliders painted or what?
My shit's meteor proof!

They've been...kinda...painted since December. First they were black, then the were black and silver, now they're black and...rusty colored.

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:23 AM
dont hate...
you should get one you would love it hahaha
do u not want one cuz they dont have a cap in the back?

btw i am just messing with you..

Super Scout
03-12-2010, 01:23 AM
JEEPS!!!!! Dont even get me started !!! We all agree on ONE thing wheeling lol :kyle:

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:25 AM
scouts suck so bad....they dont even make em anymore!

lol :shitstorm:

pittim
03-12-2010, 01:25 AM
dont hate...
you should get one you would love it hahaha
do u not want one cuz they dont have a cap in the back?

btw i am just messing with you..
I actually was looking for an older XJ or YJ for a rig to just beat on....

...then I woke up from that nightmare and continued looking for a 84 or 85 4runner.

limegreentj
03-12-2010, 01:26 AM
/\lolz

JKchick
03-12-2010, 01:29 AM
after #225 posts this is over... thank god
i am going the f to bed.. i have my college speech class 2maro haha not college writing! :033:

Super Scout
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Did you just say that!!!!! They dont make lots of things that were awesome anymore! Just Remember that when they were made they were bad ass. lol
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/Soutadvsall.jpg

scouts suck so bad....they dont even make em anymore!

lol :shitstorm:

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Did you just say that!!!!! They dont make lots of things that were awesome anymore! Just Remember that when they were made they were bad ass. lol
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/Weetz454/Soutadvsall.jpg

Some people just can't let go of the past

Super Scout
03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Scouts were banned by the government because they were afraid of us becoming to awesome. It was the begininng of communism in the USA. The story of IHC going bankrupt was just made up....lol

Wrecker
03-12-2010, 09:37 AM
I cant beleive I have read every post here. I think we should all get togther and sing camp fire songs now.

DMG
03-12-2010, 09:54 AM
The coolest thing about Scouts is that they were made by a tractor company, not a car company. Which makes me wonder why they used a Nissan diesel.

jackb1
03-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Scouts were banned by the government because they were afraid of us becoming to awesome.

I just laughed out loud at my desk and now people are looking at me funny.

Christopher
03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Update on situation.

News just said Dems have added the government takeover of student loans onto the healthcare bill.

You go to approved schools for what we want or you do not get the loan.
It is for this reason some private schools do not accept gov. school loans

2002wranglerX
03-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Update on situation.

News just said Dems have added the government takeover of student loans onto the healthcare bill.

You go to approved schools for what we want or you do not get the loan.
It is for this reason some private schools do not accept gov. school loans

WOW... insanity

limegreentj
03-13-2010, 12:35 AM
wtf is wrong with this world??? unbelievable!

thunderbyte
03-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Im not sure if the following story is true or not (cant trust internet) but regardless I believe it rings accurate. Take away someones reward for hard work and they will not try as hard.

An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class.

That class had insisted that Obama's socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer.

The professor then said, "OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama's plan". All grades would be averaged and everyone would receive the same grade so no one would fail and no one would receive an A.

After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy.

As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.

The second test average was a D! No one was happy.

When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F.

The scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else. All failed, to their great surprise, and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed.

Sorry to stir the pot. I just had to add something since I read through every page of this crazy thread. Man, I need to get a life! :retard:

Christopher
03-14-2010, 11:29 AM
A nurse who is a member of this forum informed me a while ago that none of the advancements in heart care/surgery have come from the UK or Canada. Both "public healthcare" systems (think public housing)

There was a member of the Canadian gov within the last 2 weeks who came to a doctor in Florida for heart surgery. He could have had it at home Free

It will end up like public school. You can still go to private but you still have to pay taxes for everyone else. Actually I belive that is what is happening in UK.