PDA

View Full Version : I'm kinda pissed off

limegreentj
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
so i finally was able to order the freeze plugs i need. (long story) anyway, i get them, and the box has the correct part number 555-069

the freeze plug is stamped 555-069-B

i put them in and they went in, but not as tight as the first one i had (with no B)

i called dorman and the LADY swears that its the right one, and "thats just what we stamp in them"

i put them in with "the right stuff sealer"

i seriously hope these ****ers fit. because im putting the engine in, and if they blow while the engines in, there seriously might be a jeep for sale...no joke

tanz45
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
well, with the -B, nothing comes up on a google search.

That should be a plus.

measure it, should be 50.92mm

limegreentj
03-16-2010, 03:12 PM
i did, i dont have a set of calipers that are working right now, the thing is, they are like 2.015" and without that .015 they are gonna fit looser, and im afraid they'll pop out, then ill freak out.....lol

Super Scout
03-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I think you will be fine, esp with right stuff in em. Many on this site may disagree but JB weld the things in there than make damn sure you have the right amount of anti freeze in there. Thats what I had to do with my IH motor freeze plugs were impossible to find that was 7 years ago and it has never been an issue.

steveg0690
03-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Does it seem loose in the block? As long as it fits "snug" you will be alright. If there is just a hint of movement or slop, take em out and call another shop that has them. Take that one with you and get (or borrow) a caliper and compare them. I wouldn't risk putting them in unless you are sure they will work.

Krod
03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Does it seem loose in the block? As long as it fits "snug" you will be alright. If there is just a hint of movement or slop, take em out and call another shop that has them. Take that one with you and get (or borrow) a caliper and compare them. I wouldn't risk putting them in unless you are sure they will work.

x2

I'll be up your way this weekend if you need to borrow my calipers.

limegreentj
03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
i put em in, and they went in snug and werent bad...the problem steve, is that i called every single auto shop from my area, new ken, natrona heights, tarentum, saxonburg and butler.....no one had them, so i had to order them anyway

like i said...they went in snug, but they werent as tight as the first one i put in (without the B on the part number) they should be alright, ill find out cuz im gonna put the engine in tomorrow and maybe fire it up tomorrow too...if all goes well

steveg0690
03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
It only needs to be snug. I doesn't have to feel "pressed in". I'm sure it'll be ok. Good luck.

limegreentj
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
i hope you are right, i hear about freeze plugs blowing out in the summer a lot...a friend had an s10 blazer in high school, he put a new motor in it (brand new) and it blew the freeze plug out like 2 or 3 different times.

doublejz
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
i hope you are right, i hear about freeze plugs blowing out in the summer a lot

why would you run freeze plugs in the summer.. its not going to get that cold.... :overkill:

limegreentj
03-16-2010, 07:45 PM
hilarious!

some of the dumb shits at advance would fall for that shit!