PDA

View Full Version : Just what we need, more stupid taxes.

Muzikman
03-16-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10075/1043259-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

SirFuego
03-16-2010, 04:15 PM
They seem to be following the path of NY...

In a few months you will see a proposed bill to ban salt at restaurants.

Bird_Flu
03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
A bill to ban salt at restaurants??? Really?

If someone is fat (and I'm not skinny) then it's more than likely their own damn fault. We don't need to tax soda or ban salt to make America healthier.

Wrecker
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
I know an Admin who will need a second job.

trailblaze
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
tax sugary drinks... i don't care. i drink diet pop. NO SUGAR.

OverkillZJ
03-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I know an Admin who will need a second job.

Haha, and it's not this one...

I have my own views on eating healthy, I would NEVER impose them on someone else, nor should the government. Seriously, WTF!!!!!!

You bet your ass if they are in charge of health care you'll see a lot more like this though. They will have a wedge into your lives to control how you behave in your personal choices that is unprecedented.

OverkillZJ
03-16-2010, 07:46 PM
tax sugary drinks... i don't care. i drink diet pop. NO SUGAR.

Aren't you drinking a vodka and red bull right now? Sugar free red bull I assume? :flipoff2:

Krod
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
So is Diet pop ok?? No sugar???

2002wranglerX
03-17-2010, 11:21 AM
A bill to ban salt at restaurants??? Really?

If someone is fat (and I'm not skinny) then it's more than likely their own damn fault. We don't need to tax soda or ban salt to make America healthier.

not when the gov't is paying for your health care. then they can regulate that under the assumption that they're saving the system $

yes they did

Super Scout
03-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Did I read that right ? 2 cents per ounce so a 12 ounce can of pop would have .24 cents of tax applied to it so an entire case of pop would have 5.76$ of taxes on it even more if it was a 30 pack ? My math is wrong right ? I mean thats nuts!!

Muzikman
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Nope, that should be right. A normal 20oz pop that you buy at your corner gas station would have a 40 cent tax on it.

You know that "No taxation without representation" thing...I don't think we have anyone representing us!

Super Scout
03-17-2010, 12:17 PM
No kidding I would be really interested to know how much our founders were paying in taxes when they decided they needed to revolt. Percentage wise do you think we pay more when you factor in everything we are paying in taxes...

SirFuego
03-17-2010, 12:17 PM
not when the gov't is paying for your health care. then they can regulate that under the assumption that they're saving the system $

Yep, it'd save the system tons of money, because we all know that will translate to everyone eating healthy at home. Let's not forget that all of a sudden this will make the sodium-rich 1500 calorie Hungry Man microwave dinners taste a lot better than restaurant food. Oh and now we have a shitload of waiters/waitresses/bus boys and cooks out of work. Which also begs the question of what happens to the tax revenue generated by the restaurants that are now closing down?

I could go on and on, but one of my friends e-mailed the rep from our district and the response basically was to not worry about it because it'd never gain any traction.

joker291977
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
welcome to the usa soon not so free as you think pay taxs to eat,work,and die

Muzikman
03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Problem is, if no one besides the persons trying to get the bill passed takes it serious, it can and will happen.

Stupid laws get past all the time and I think it's because not enough people put up enough stink, or don't know about them.

Problem is, there is not enough information about this. Is it a state law, or just the city. If it's the city, me, not living in the city, has no say so.

I could go on and on, but one of my friends e-mailed the rep from our district and the response basically was to not worry about it because it'd never gain any traction.

beat1078
03-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I thought it was a county thing.

beat1078
03-17-2010, 12:41 PM
welcome to the USA soon not so free as you think pay taxs to eat,work,and die

Fixed it for you.

trailblaze
03-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Aren't you drinking a vodka and red bull right now? Sugar free red bull I assume? :flipoff2:

yes... it WAS sugar free. :flipoff2:

joker291977
03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Fixed it for you.
lol thanks

Muzikman
03-17-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10076/1043338-114.stm

updated article. The way it reads it's a city thing, not county.

As I was reading it was was getting more pissed with each sentence.

This is why I think an entire area needs to be able to vote for a city's mayor. What he does affects me just as much as someone who lives inside the city lines.

Luke needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that ridiculous taxes are not the way to bring in money. First the tuition tax and now this.

Super Scout
03-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah I really dont get what it takes, look at Phoenix they have very low taxes and is currently the fastest growing city in the USA. Place is sprawling with business I know of two Latrobe companies that packed up and moved there and one that is working on it. Western PA is dieing and the politicians dont get it.

justin'sbig7
03-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah I really dont get what it takes, look at Phoenix they have very low taxes and is currently the fastest growing city in the USA. Place is sprawling with business I know of two Latrobe companies that packed up and moved there and one that is working on it. Western PA is dieing and the politicians dont get it.

phoenix is closer to moab..... hmmmmm.... anyone want 7 acres and 2 garages in chicora?