PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the USSA

justin'sbig7
03-21-2010, 11:18 PM
well, it passed :fu:

i called my rep who voted for it and informed her that she was fired. i will be campaigning this summer for anyone running against any dem in office right now.

if all else fails, maybe i'll quit my job, sit on my ass and let it be carried for a change.... if everyone takes this mentality, i wonder who will pay the taxes to keep the assholes in washington goin?

2002wranglerX
03-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Makes me sick man

Krod
03-21-2010, 11:34 PM
:bsflag:

:011:

Mykal
03-21-2010, 11:38 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/myknsj/th_d34fc96f.gif

village_idiot
03-21-2010, 11:41 PM
guess the **** what. a shit storm is about to begin. would any body like to trade their ar15 for my hardtop and doors?

ridgerunner97
03-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Just saw it on the news, we're ****ED :icon_hang:

justin'sbig7
03-21-2010, 11:47 PM
guess the **** what. a shit storm is about to begin. would any body like to trade their ar15 for my hardtop and doors?

ummmm, that wouldnt go well there mikey. you would last what 5 minutes? and then give them ammo to go after those "evil mean nasty assult rifles" not that i dont think that GC is coming soon on their agenda, but the less ammo given untill next election the better.

Deadman 94 xj
03-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I'm too pissed off to care anymore to be honest.

pittim
03-21-2010, 11:49 PM
The fact that the outcome was determined by 3 votes kinda suggests that maaayybe it isn't the right thing to do.

village_idiot
03-21-2010, 11:57 PM
ummmm, that wouldnt go well there mikey. you would last what 5 minutes? and then give them ammo to go after those "evil mean nasty assult rifles" not that i dont think that GC is coming soon on their agenda, but the less ammo given untill next election the better.
sorry, im just extremely pissed off right now.

OverkillZJ
03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Seriously, seriously, seriously ****ED UP.

justin'sbig7
03-21-2010, 11:59 PM
sorry, im just extremely pissed off right now.

dig it, me too and about 75% of the USA.

ghost
03-21-2010, 11:59 PM
The fact that the outcome was determined by 3 votes kinda suggests that maaayybe it isn't the right thing to do.
even it was 1 vote that made it it should pass thats what a democracy is whether any of us agree with it or not the majority did

OverkillZJ
03-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Which simply means they're not listening to the majority of those they represent, which means "wait for November" and see what happens.

Give government a dollar to spend, and they'll spend $1,000 - of OUR money. You should NOT think that is OK.

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:02 AM
even it was 1 vote that made it it should pass thats what a democracy is whether any of us agree with it or not the majority did

yup, keep workin, someone needs to support my ass when i quit my job and start leaching :thumbsup:

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM

Ghost, your stand on this is pretty well known, and I'd like to not have this turn into another "Bash the Democrat" thread, but even you have to see the BS involved. The idiots only passed it because they got worked over with the "sweet heart" deals that were in that bill.

It's all smoke and mirrors. They don't give a shit about you or me.

village_idiot
03-22-2010, 12:05 AM
ireland is starting to look better and better....

2002wranglerX
03-22-2010, 12:06 AM

We don't live in a democracy, this is a republic.

That aside, selling jobs for votes is a federal offense, the presidential exec order isn't worth the paper its written on, student loans are now govt controlled (ya that was in this bill to garner support), some states got sweetheart deals, you are now mandated to have health care, so get ready to shell out some cash, the govt can regulate how much your insurance costs based on your lifestyle/risk,

You basically just lost your freedom. Enjoy your not free health insurance and the hole your head is in.

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:07 AM
We don't live in a democracy, this is a republic.

Fawking thank you!

Bill
03-22-2010, 12:11 AM
I have had a job for the last 20 years that has provided me healthcare. Maybe it is time to re-think my approach. Maybe I should quit working the full-time job and start milking it. Isn't that what they government wants me to do? (DUH!) My train of thought must be all wrong...

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:14 AM
I have had a job for the last 20 years that has provided me healthcare. Maybe it is time to re-think my approach. Maybe I should quit working the full-time job and start milking it. Isn't that what they government wants me to do? (DUH!) My train of thought must be all wrong...

i knew there was someone who had the right idea like me! the more i work, the more they take, the less i do the more they give (free right?) so why work so hard for so little? these bums i have loathed for so long must have college degrees to be so "smrt"

i am union, so my cadllac policy (not really too great) is exempt from the taxes YAY! cause that was right and fair, WTF???? stupid commies

Bill
03-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I am already paying out tens of thousands of dollars every year... How much more do they want? We are already paying out xx% of our income to the federal government, x% to the state, another x% to local municipalities, and then we are taxed more and more on top of that. Taxed on spending on pretty much everything you buy, taxed on investments on the monies you actually get to keep after taxes the first round, and then taxed and taxed some more with all the specialty taxes out there.

... Oh and then there are the deadbeats. The ones that do not pay taxes. The ones that live off of the hard-working, taxpaying Americans.

It just pisses me off to no end that our elected officials would vote yet more taxation upon us. Where are we now, 35%, 40%, 50%, more?

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:23 AM
I wonder how this is going to effect my VA healthcare. I guess it's no longer a "benefit".

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:26 AM
It'll be ok. Ravenstahl is going to tax sugar. He'll get us out of this mess. Fawking democrats. Just keep throwing our money away instead of fixing anything.

2002wranglerX
03-22-2010, 12:27 AM
I am already paying out tens of thousands of dollars every year... How much more do they want? We are already paying out xx% of our income to the federal government, x% to the state, another x% to local municipalities, and then we are taxed more and more on top of that. Taxed on spending on pretty much everything you buy, taxed on investments on the monies you actually get to keep after taxes the first round, and then taxed and taxed some more with all the specialty taxes out there.

... Oh and then there are the deadbeats. The ones that do not pay taxes. The ones that live off of the hard-working, taxpaying Americans.

It just pisses me off to no end that our elected officials would vote yet more taxation upon us. Where are we now, 35%, 40%, 50%, more?

When the bush tax cuts expire and health care is added in tax on dividends will tripple.

40% of the us doesn't pay taxes, this is free for them. But not for us hard working productive members of society.

We have to be near our breaking point. We have 107 trillion in unsecured bonds to pay for medicare/ss/welfare, this might just be it man.

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:33 AM
I wonder how this is going to effect my VA healthcare. I guess it's no longer a "benefit".

first, thank you for your service. the way i look at it, the VA system is not healthcare, you got that as a benefit for volunteering to possibly lay down your life for this country. it is a contract, not a social legislation. we owe our soldiers that and i am proud to pay taxes to provide that for all of our servicemen. and i do think they should get more money to take the best care of our veterans.

ghost
03-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Im not a democrat lol

ridgerunner97
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Im not a democrat lol

WTF do you call yourself then? You part of the Green Party, or SDS or something? LOL

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM
i have to get up in 4 hrs to go to work, is it wrong that i realy just dont feel like it? i am not sure if i am gonna be able to sleep anyway.

on a side note, would it be wrong, in light of the passage of this monstrosity, to possibly add in a few new laws to society?

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:38 AM
workers world party, or progressive?

ghost
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Im an avid hunter n member of nra what party you think I am, just cause I liked the idea of free healthcare everyone assumed I was a dem

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
first, thank you for your service. the way i look at it, the VA system is not healthcare, you got that as a benefit for volunteering to possibly lay down your life for this country. it is a contract, not a social legislation. we owe you that and i am proud to pay taxes to provide that for all of our servicemen. and i do think they should get more money to take the best care of our veterans.

Thanks Justin. I agree and of couse I'm willing to pay my part as well. Hell, even social security, even though the government has put their geeding fingers in that as well.

My point is, myself and many other members of the VA had a benefit that was mutually exclusive to those of us that served. Now that this crap has gone through, where's the benefit, or distinction?

I'm just bringing up a point outside of the tax issue. I could really care less about my benefits. But what about the VA system as a whole.

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks Justin. I agree and of couse I'm willing to pay my part as well. Hell, even social security, even though the government has put their geeding fingers in that as well.

My point is, myself and many other members of the VA had a benefit that was mutually exclusive to those of us that served. Now that this crap has gone through, where's the benefit, or distinction?

I'm just bringing up a point outside of the tax issue. I could really care less about my benefits. But what about the VA system as a whole.

it will probably (sadly) go broke like all other things they seem to touch.

2002wranglerX
03-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Im an avid hunter n member of nra what party you think I am, just cause I liked the idea of free healthcare everyone assumed I was a dem

You need to clarify "free to you". Those of us who work are going to pay for your "free to you" health care.

And to further clarify, its pretty doubtful it will be free. And you'll be mandated that you have to buy it.

But that's just the nuts and bolts of the bill. What's important is the IDEA of free health care.

village_idiot
03-22-2010, 12:54 AM
would bad to drive the the nearest hospital and demand my "free" health car immediately?

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:54 AM

it really doesnt matter what party anyone belongs to. i too am a life member of the NRA, i hunt, fish, used to shoot competitively. i am a conservative economically and a libertarian socially. i am a republican, but i dont always agree with them.

the issue comes, as a working man that i dont doubt you are, how do you figure it is free? things arent conjured out of thin air, other than ghosts, so who is going to pay for those that will not? i have done all i can to obtain a job that will allow me the life i want and provide for my family's needs including healthcare. if i couldnt get the care they needed i advanced myself untill i did. if they needed healthcare, i would sell my truck and jeep to get the payment i need to get them insurance, before i buy guns, jeeps, etc. so why is it that i now have to pay for those who dont want to advance themselves to where they can afford the things they want and need as well? i have to work so that the tax money will be there for people who want to spend their money on new cars and material things and neglect to buy insurance for their family.

yay! i made a pun yay!

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 12:56 AM
would bad to drive the the nearest hospital and demand my "free" health car immediately?

dipshit:icon_weed:, go to the ER, if theres something wrong they have to treat you whether you have insurance or not. you dont have to "demand" anything.

ghost
03-22-2010, 12:59 AM
You need to clarify "free to you". Those of us who work are going to pay for your "free to you" health care.

And to further clarify, its pretty doubtful it will be free. And you'll be mandated that you have to buy it.

But that's just the nuts and bolts of the bill. What's important is the IDEA of free health care.
not gonna argue the rest you can have any opinion ya want i could care less but as for the those of us that work comment, I did my 4yrs in the service and since have always held a job, rite now I happen to be on unemployment not welfare or assistance due to things outta my control and cant wait to go back

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:59 AM
I wonder what the stock market is going to do as a result? A lot of businesses are going to suffer because of this when it takes effect. Many can't afford mandated healthcare. I bet we'll see a lot more moving overseas in spite of the taxes put in place to reduce that incentive.

JKchick
03-22-2010, 01:04 AM
haha they should tax pot im telln you!! lol :repost:

im just fu*kn with everyone.... had to say somthin, please don't freak out lol

village_idiot
03-22-2010, 01:05 AM
haha they should tax pot im telln you!! lol :repost:

im just fu*kn with everyone.... had to say somthin, please don't freak out lol
if they did that, i would be mellow as hell right now, not pissed enough to start a riot.

ghost
03-22-2010, 01:07 AM
lol

JKchick
03-22-2010, 01:10 AM
if they did that, i would be mellow as hell right now, not pissed enough to start a riot.

listen honey all u need to worry about is getin up for school on time tomorrow lol

village_idiot
03-22-2010, 01:12 AM
listen honey all u need to worry about is getin up for school on time tomorrow lol
your forgetting something, in another 5 and a half months, all this shit will be directly affecting me.

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 01:14 AM
not gonna argue the rest you can have any opinion ya want i could care less but as for the those of us that work comment, I did my 4yrs in the service and since have always held a job, rite now I happen to be on unemployment not welfare or assistance due to things outta my control and cant wait to go back

First thank you very much for serving :023:. i thought on a previous thread you stated you had no healthcare, but dont you get care from the VA? oh, and i never assumed you werent working.

unemployment is something you pay into while you are working, so really it shouldnt be viewed as mooching, you are drawing out of a savings... at least thats how they portray it.

welfare and assistance are there for folks who have fallen on hard times and need a hand back up and i personally have no problem with that when it is used for that. people that milk it are the ones i cant stand.

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 01:15 AM
your forgetting something, in another 5 and a half months, all this shit will be directly affecting me.

so youre finally gonnabe 18? wow i am getting old:045:

JKchick
03-22-2010, 01:17 AM
make sure you go to the strip club and donate your money to them

justin'sbig7
03-22-2010, 01:19 AM
make sure you go to the strip club and donate your money to them

yes, strippers need to pay taxes too :smirk:

JKchick
03-22-2010, 01:20 AM
yes, strippers need to pay taxes too :smirk:

haha

JKchick
03-22-2010, 01:26 AM
fyi i plan on hi jacking this thread and turning the convo about strippers

ghost
03-22-2010, 01:27 AM
dont they in vegas

ghost
03-22-2010, 01:29 AM
First thank you very much for serving :023:. i thought on a previous thread you stated you had no healthcare, but dont you get care from the VA? oh, and i never assumed you werent working.

unemployment is something you pay into while you are working, so really it shouldnt be viewed as mooching, you are drawing out of a savings... at least thats how they portray it.

welfare and assistance are there for folks who have fallen on hard times and need a hand back up and i personally have no problem with that when it is used for that. people that milk it are the ones i cant stand.

I read back thru my post I did say I didnt, musta been typin fast, ment my kids mom cause we not married

Christopher
03-22-2010, 04:57 AM
This is about control, not healthcare

I think this was the "reconliation" plan not an actual normal constitutional vote by house and senate. I could be wrong.

You will be fined if you do not buy health insurance, but the fines will cost less then the outrageous new price of insurance seeing as they have to insure everyone reguardless of pre-existing condition. either way Gov. gets YOUR money

And don't leave out the part about the higher taxes start IMMEDEIATLY and the """" benefits """ start in 2014

he may be like lincoln.... President during a civil war

highlandercj-7
03-22-2010, 07:09 AM
VOTE OUT ALL THEM PRICKS! Show the azzholes their jobs are not safe. You prick us, Your FIRED! ~ we take your job.

2002wranglerX
03-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I read back thru my post I did say I didnt, musta been typin fast, ment my kids mom cause we not married

your baby mama and kids are not my problem.

they're not

SirFuego
03-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Where can I find a bulleted list of what passed?

I've been reading articles, but none of them point to a "public option".

2002wranglerX
03-22-2010, 10:58 AM

as far as i know there is no public option in this bill. simply that we're mandated to have health insurance.

joshs1ofakindxj
03-22-2010, 10:58 AM

close...

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62K1IV20100321?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c 0.386861:b32098098:z0

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Apparently Virginia has already filed with the Supreme Ct and about 30 more are rumored to follow suit. I guess the majority of this bill is going to fall on the states and the fact is, most of them can't afford it.

They're filing on the premise that this is unconstitutional.

ridgerunner97
03-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Apparently Virginia has already filed with the Supreme Ct and about 30 more are rumored to follow suit. I guess the majority of this bill is going to fall on the states and the fact is, most of them can't afford it.

They're filing on the premise that this is unconstitutional.

Excellent! Even if it does nothing in court, it is displaying that it is highly unpopular and that is putting it mild :s-instagib:

Super Scout
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM
The solution is to vote them out as my dad puts our fore fathers setup or country to have a revolution every four years. We need to use that right im voting everyone of those assholes out everyone. Im running my mouth to everyone I see about the scams the government pulls. Forget your guns goto vote get these pricks out !!!!!

ridgerunner97
03-22-2010, 11:16 AM
The solution is to vote them out as my dad puts our fore fathers setup or country to have a revolution every four years. We need to use that right im voting everyone of those assholes out everyone. Im running my mouth to everyone I see about the scams the government pulls. Forget your guns goto vote get these pricks out !!!!!

Your so right Steve, that is how its supposed to work. This is going to be such an anti incumbent election i'm curious how many incumbents will actually keep there positions...

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 11:19 AM
ALABAMA
Democrats -- Bright, N; Davis, N.
Republicans -- Aderholt, N; Bachus, N; Bonner, N; Griffith, N; Rogers, N.
ALASKA
Republicans -- Young, N.
ARIZONA
Democrats -- Giffords, Y; Grijalva, Y; Kirkpatrick, Y; Mitchell, Y; Pastor, Y.
Republicans -- Flake, N; Franks, N; Shadegg, N.
ARKANSAS
Democrats -- Berry, N; Ross, N; Snyder, Y.
Republicans -- Boozman, N.
CALIFORNIA
Democrats -- Baca, Y; Becerra, Y; Berman, Y; Capps, Y; Cardoza, Y; Chu, Y; Costa, Y; Davis, Y; Eshoo, Y; Farr, Y; Filner, Y; Garamendi, Y; Harman, Y; Honda, Y; Lee, Y; Lofgren, Zoe, Y; Matsui, Y; McNerney, Y; Miller, George, Y; Napolitano, Y; Pelosi, Y; Richardson, Y; Roybal-Allard, Y; Sanchez, Linda T., Y; Sanchez, Loretta, Y; Schiff, Y; Sherman, Y; Speier, Y; Stark, Y; Thompson, Y; Waters, Y; Watson, Y; Waxman, Y; Woolsey, Y.
Republicans -- Bilbray, N; Bono Mack, N; Calvert, N; Campbell, N; Dreier, N; Gallegly, N; Herger, N; Hunter, N; Issa, N; Lewis, N; Lungren, Daniel E., N; McCarthy, N; McClintock, N; McKeon, N; Miller, Gary, N; Nunes, N; Radanovich, N; Rohrabacher, N; Royce, N.
COLORADO
Democrats -- DeGette, Y; Markey, Y; Perlmutter, Y; Polis, Y; Salazar, Y.
Republicans -- Coffman, N; Lamborn, N.
CONNECTICUT
Democrats -- Courtney, Y; DeLauro, Y; Himes, Y; Larson, Y; Murphy, Y.
DELAWARE
Republicans -- Castle, N.
FLORIDA
Democrats -- Boyd, Y; Brown, Corrine, Y; Castor, Y; Grayson, Y; Hastings, Y; Klein, Y; Kosmas, Y; Meek, Y; Wasserman Schultz, Y.
Republicans -- Bilirakis, N; Brown-Waite, Ginny, N; Buchanan, N; Crenshaw, N; Diaz-Balart, L., N; Diaz-Balart, M., N; Mack, N; Mica, N; Miller, N; Posey, N; Putnam, N; Rooney, N; Ros-Lehtinen, N; Stearns, N; Young, N.
GEORGIA
Democrats -- Barrow, N; Bishop, Y; Johnson, Y; Lewis, Y; Marshall, N; Scott, Y.
Republicans -- Broun, N; Deal, N; Gingrey, N; Kingston, N; Linder, N; Price, N; Westmoreland, N.
HAWAII
Democrats -- Hirono, Y.
IDAHO
Democrats -- Minnick, N.
Republicans -- Simpson, N.
ILLINOIS
Democrats -- Bean, Y; Costello, Y; Davis, Y; Foster, Y; Gutierrez, Y; Halvorson, Y; Hare, Y; Jackson, Y; Lipinski, N; Quigley, Y; Rush, Y; Schakowsky, Y.
Republicans -- Biggert, N; Johnson, N; Kirk, N; Manzullo, N; Roskam, N; Schock, N; Shimkus, N.
INDIANA
Democrats -- Carson, Y; Donnelly, Y; Ellsworth, Y; Hill, Y; Visclosky, Y.
Republicans -- Burton, N; Buyer, N; Pence, N; Souder, N.
IOWA
Democrats -- Boswell, Y; Braley, Y; Loebsack, Y.
Republicans -- King, N; Latham, N.
KANSAS
Democrats -- Moore, Y.
Republicans -- Jenkins, N; Moran, N; Tiahrt, N.
KENTUCKY
Democrats -- Chandler, N; Yarmuth, Y.
Republicans -- Davis, N; Guthrie, N; Rogers, N; Whitfield, N.
LOUISIANA
Democrats -- Melancon, N.
Republicans -- Alexander, N; Boustany, N; Cao, N; Cassidy, N; Fleming, N; Scalise, N.
MAINE
Democrats -- Michaud, Y; Pingree, Y.
MARYLAND
Democrats -- Cummings, Y; Edwards, Y; Hoyer, Y; Kratovil, N; Ruppersberger, Y; Sarbanes, Y; Van Hollen, Y.
Republicans -- Bartlett, N.
MASSACHUSETTS
Democrats -- Capuano, Y; Delahunt, Y; Frank, Y; Lynch, N; Markey, Y; McGovern, Y; Neal, Y; Olver, Y; Tierney, Y; Tsongas, Y.
MICHIGAN
Democrats -- Conyers, Y; Dingell, Y; Kildee, Y; Kilpatrick, Y; Levin, Y; Peters, Y; Schauer, Y; Stupak, Y.
Republicans -- Camp, N; Ehlers, N; Hoekstra, N; McCotter, N; Miller, N; Rogers, N; Upton, N.
MINNESOTA
Democrats -- Ellison, Y; McCollum, Y; Oberstar, Y; Peterson, N; Walz, Y.
Republicans -- Bachmann, N; Kline, N; Paulsen, N.
MISSISSIPPI
Democrats -- Childers, N; Taylor, N; Thompson, Y.
Republicans -- Harper, N.
MISSOURI
Democrats -- Carnahan, Y; Clay, Y; Cleaver, Y; Skelton, N.
Republicans -- Akin, N; Blunt, N; Emerson, N; Graves, N; Luetkemeyer, N.
MONTANA
Republicans -- Rehberg, N.
NEBRASKA
Republicans -- Fortenberry, N; Smith, N; Terry, N.
NEVADA
Democrats -- Berkley, Y; Titus, Y.
Republicans -- Heller, N.
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Democrats -- Hodes, Y; Shea-Porter, Y.
NEW JERSEY
Democrats -- Adler, N; Andrews, Y; Holt, Y; Pallone, Y; Pascrell, Y; Payne, Y; Rothman, Y; Sires, Y.
Republicans -- Frelinghuysen, N; Garrett, N; Lance, N; LoBiondo, N; Smith, N.
NEW MEXICO
Democrats -- Heinrich, Y; Lujan, Y; Teague, N.
NEW YORK
Democrats -- Ackerman, Y; Arcuri, N; Bishop, Y; Clarke, Y; Crowley, Y; Engel, Y; Hall, Y; Higgins, Y; Hinchey, Y; Israel, Y; Lowey, Y; Maffei, Y; Maloney, Y; McCarthy, Y; McMahon, N; Meeks, Y; Murphy, Y; Nadler, Y; Owens, Y; Rangel, Y; Serrano, Y; Slaughter, Y; Tonko, Y; Towns, Y; Velazquez, Y; Weiner, Y.
Republicans -- King, N; Lee, N.
NORTH CAROLINA
Democrats -- Butterfield, Y; Etheridge, Y; Kissell, N; McIntyre, N; Miller, Y; Price, Y; Shuler, N; Watt, Y.
Republicans -- Coble, N; Foxx, N; Jones, N; McHenry, N; Myrick, N.
NORTH DAKOTA
Democrats -- Pomeroy, Y.
OHIO
Democrats -- Boccieri, Y; Driehaus, Y; Fudge, Y; Kaptur, Y; Kilroy, Y; Kucinich, Y; Ryan, Y; Space, N; Sutton, Y; Wilson, Y.
Republicans -- Austria, N; Boehner, N; Jordan, N; LaTourette, N; Latta, N; Schmidt, N; Tiberi, N; Turner, N.
OKLAHOMA
Democrats -- Boren, N.
Republicans -- Cole, N; Fallin, N; Lucas, N; Sullivan, N.
OREGON
Democrats -- Blumenauer, Y; DeFazio, Y; Schrader, Y; Wu, Y.
Republicans -- Walden, N.
PENNSYLVANIA
Democrats -- Altmire, N; Brady, Y; Carney, Y; Dahlkemper, Y; Doyle, Y; Fattah, Y; Holden, N; Kanjorski, Y; Murphy, Patrick, Y; Schwartz, Y; Sestak, Y. :093:

Republicans -- Dent, N; Gerlach, N; Murphy, Tim, N; Pitts, N; Platts, N; Shuster, N; Thompson, N.

RHODE ISLAND
Democrats -- Kennedy, Y; Langevin, Y.
SOUTH CAROLINA
Democrats -- Clyburn, Y; Spratt, Y.
Republicans -- Barrett, N; Brown, N; Inglis, N; Wilson, N.
SOUTH DAKOTA
Democrats -- Herseth Sandlin, N.
TENNESSEE
Democrats -- Cohen, Y; Cooper, Y; Davis, N; Gordon, Y; Tanner, N.
Republicans -- Blackburn, N; Duncan, N; Roe, N; Wamp, N.
TEXAS
Democrats -- Cuellar, Y; Doggett, Y; Edwards, N; Gonzalez, Y; Green, Al, Y; Green, Gene, Y; Hinojosa, Y; Jackson Lee, Y; Johnson, E. B., Y; Ortiz, Y; Reyes, Y; Rodriguez, Y.
Republicans -- Barton, N; Brady, N; Burgess, N; Carter, N; Conaway, N; Culberson, N; Gohmert, N; Granger, N; Hall, N; Hensarling, N; Johnson, Sam, N; Marchant, N; McCaul, N; Neugebauer, N; Olson, N; Paul, N; Poe, N; Sessions, N; Smith, N; Thornberry, N.
UTAH
Democrats -- Matheson, N.
Republicans -- Bishop, N; Chaffetz, N.
VERMONT
Democrats -- Welch, Y.
VIRGINIA
Democrats -- Boucher, N; Connolly, Y; Moran, Y; Nye, N; Perriello, Y; Scott, Y.
Republicans -- Cantor, N; Forbes, N; Goodlatte, N; Wittman, N; Wolf, N.
WASHINGTON
Democrats -- Baird, Y; Dicks, Y; Inslee, Y; Larsen, Y; McDermott, Y; Smith, Y.
Republicans -- Hastings, N; McMorris Rodgers, N; Reichert, N.
WEST VIRGINIA
Democrats -- Mollohan, Y; Rahall, Y.
Republicans -- Capito, N.
WISCONSIN
Democrats -- Baldwin, Y; Kagen, Y; Kind, Y; Moore, Y; Obey, Y.
Republicans -- Petri, N; Ryan, N; Sensenbrenner, N.
WYOMING
Republicans -- Lummis, N.

SirFuego
03-22-2010, 12:04 PM
So based on what I've read so far (please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Once everything is "phased in":
- We all need to pay for some sort of health insurance -- or pay a penalty
- We can be subsidized for health care expenses if we spend more than 9.5% of our income on insurance premiums (or make less than 88k/year).
- We will be paying dramatically higher medicare/medicaid taxes
- Small businesses can pool together to join in on health insurance
- The responsibility of managing healthcare "exchanges" has basically been pushed to the states (what if I live in one state and work in another?)

- "Big" employers must offer health insurance, or pay a $750 penalty per employee.
- Insurance companies can't deny coverage to people and must cap out of pocket expenses

So basically nothing to reduce overall healthcare costs. ****in' brilliant.

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
States to sue:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2215987420100322

notmYJ
03-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Just want to say, as far as the AGs filing suit to stop this, Including our own AG Tom Corbett, I am happy to see the states standing up to the Fed.

As a far as Tom Corbett goes, he is running for Gov, and definately has my vote. **** Onorato. Corbett for Gov!!!

Deadman 94 xj
03-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Just want to say, as far as the AGs filing suit to stop this, Including our own AG Tom Corbett, I am happy to see the states standing up to the Fed.

As a far as Tom Corbett goes, he is running for Gov, and definately has my vote. **** Onorato. Corbett for Gov!!!

Agreed.

Bird_Flu
03-22-2010, 12:41 PM

You betcha. I hope Onorato loses big in the election. He's one of the most underhanded politicians in PA, it's almost like he came from Chicago or something.

Christopher
03-22-2010, 12:41 PM

The only player left will be the public option (gov care) for the reasons you mentioned.... It will have to occur by default

You can keep your insurance if you can afford to pay the soon to be high premiums/and taxes, and If you insurance co. is still in business.

Employers will dump employee's to get under the mark.

It is designed for everyone to have to dump into a public option. Thats how they got some of the radicals to get on board.

baby steps (see my signature) And they can say "there is no public option"

Christopher
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Dont forget about student loans :icon_jook:

Super Scout
03-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Your signature is one of my favorite quoates from our fore fathers. Reading about these guys what they said and their thoughts they were insanely smart. They pretty much predicted the end of the USA thru quotes like that one. If I had a time machine I would go back and get them....

Super Scout
03-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Sign it:
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/repealthebill/

highlandercj-7
03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
As for PA Governor Sam Rohrer has my vote!

busij44
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM

Already have a few.....

Christopher
03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Tanning tax starts Tomorrow!! 10% nationwide
No healthcare wont cost more ....Just the taxes
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aa32kl.M09T4

Its good to see them punish those tanning salon owners too.

/

Deadman 94 xj
03-23-2010, 09:10 PM
^^WOW.

This whole thing is nothing more than the government following a few basic business principles. The major one being, you have to spend money to make money. They're aware of the deficite. Even the dumbest democrat knows how rediculous our debt is. Who do you think is going to fork over the bill to pay for all of this? We are of course.

They've done nothing to reduce cost. What comes out of our pockets is going straight into theirs.