PDA

View Full Version : E-fan not kickin....

muddeprived
03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
I never really paid much attention to the e-fans in my jeeps cuz i never had any issues with them. I noticed my e-fan in my xj doesn't kick on. I leave it idle till 210 and it still doesn't come on. It never goes over 210. Does the e-fan kick on if it goes over 210 or is it supposed to be on earlier?

Mykal
03-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Start vehicle. Unplug the temp sensor on the thermostat housing. Fan should kick on. That should tell you if its working or not.

tjblair
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know what temp it comes on at, but it should come on with the a/c. turn on the a/c and see if it runs that will atleast tell you if the fan motor is good.

ridgerunner97
03-22-2010, 05:04 PM
You know what is really weird? My E-fan does not come on when I have the AC on LMAO, your supposed to be able to turn the AC on and the E-fan is supposed to fire, mine don't. However my E-fan kicks on @ 210* and is on quite a bit. Like Mykal said unplug that sensor and the fan should be on. Also check your wiring to the fan hehe, I found that out last Aug. wheeling @ Casparis, Mykal was there haha, first hill, kinda embarassing LOL :)

muddeprived
03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Start vehicle. Unplug the temp sensor on the thermostat housing. Fan should kick on. That should tell you if its working or not.

Did this and fan kicked on. I guess it works. :)

Thanks

muddeprived
03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
You know what is really weird? My E-fan does not come on when I have the AC on LMAO, your supposed to be able to turn the AC on and the E-fan is supposed to fire, mine don't. However my E-fan kicks on @ 210* and is on quite a bit. Like Mykal said unplug that sensor and the fan should be on. Also check your wiring to the fan hehe, I found that out last Aug. wheeling @ Casparis, Mykal was there haha, first hill, kinda embarassing LOL :)

What's the story on that? My e-fan wires are clipped near the radiator cap and reconnected for some reason by the PO. But my fan works now so. It just never kicks on cuz the jeep is never over 210 i guess.

ridgerunner97
03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
What's the story on that? My e-fan wires are clipped near the radiator cap and reconnected for some reason by the PO. But my fan works now so. It just never kicks on cuz the jeep is never over 210 i guess.

WTF!?! So are mine! They came apart there and I fixed it on the trail with a butt connector and some electrical tape. Its been fine ever since so I haven't messed with it. Idk why mine doesn't turn on when I turn the AC on :102:

muddeprived
03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
WTF!?! So are mine! They came apart there and I fixed it on the trail with a butt connector and some electrical tape. Its been fine ever since so I haven't messed with it. Idk why mine doesn't turn on when I turn the AC on :102:

I haven't tried the AC trick yet. In fact I haven't even touched the AC since i bought it 2 and half years ago. Dunno if it works either lol......

My heater made me sick so i never bothered touching the heat/ac since.