PDA

View Full Version : Predicting the future for the 2010 Census?

OverkillZJ
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Question 1:

How many people WERE staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010.

That's tomorrow. I've had this form for 2 months. It's "law" to fill out the form and they expect me to predict the future, haha.

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to answer that, a lot can happen overnight! :flipoff2:

I'll probably stop at question 1 anyway. The purpose of the census is to get an idea of population, the rest they can bugger off about. I have more important things to do, like rant on here. It's not like our goverment makes use of this information wisely anyway. I could write down that the 3 little pigs are here and we're of the race Klingon, I don't think it'd change anything.

beat1078
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
My dad says he is going to be counting people for this. He said the same thing; there are 6 or so questions and only the name is really required unless you are at some type of shelter, then it is First Name: Person Last Name: x (incriments).

He also said it was a requirement to be in pencil. I couldn't imagine why that would be a legitamate requirement.

You're right though, the whole thing won't change anyting.

OverkillZJ
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Legally, I don't think any thing but the first question is actually required (and it states blue or black pen on mine).

The first question is in a box by its self, with a black box around it and has a darker blue background. Within the box it states the obvious: “The Census must count every person living in the United States on April 1, 2010″ - that's it. No where on it does it claim I need to fill anything else out.

How much I make, my race, whether I own any firarms - first off they already know all that from too many other information sources, second off, why is that a factor in counting how many live in a state to account for representation? That's the purpose of the census.

beat1078
03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
I argued with him about it but he said in the training he was at they said use pencil. Sometimes he gets confused (he is old afterall), it may have been something else in pencil like an internal list or something but I agree with you...blue or black ink.

Muzikman
03-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually, by law you are required to answer all questions on the census.

OverkillZJ
03-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Show me the law.

Muzikman
03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/13/221.html

OverkillZJ
03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Oh well, technically I'm breaking the law by going 26 in a 25, too. The purpose of the census has always been enumeration of the population, and that is how it is worded on the form itself, and that's all they're getting. If they want my $100 (maximum fine) they can knock on my door, ask how many people are living here, there get off my property :)

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
I've had mine for a while. I don't think I'm going to fill it out just to see what will happen. I'm a conscientious objector lol.

Super Scout
03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
My dad filled ours out the last time under minority he wrote yes. When the census people called him he said Polish Ameriacan! They didnt find him funny lol.

Lumpy
03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
I guess I'm an English+Irish American.

Lumpy
03-31-2010, 04:02 PM
1907 PHOTO This one needs to circulate
I think this is one email that needs to be forwarded until every American with a computer receives it.
The year is 1907, one hundred and 3 years ago.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww149/lumpy_91/Labs/Misc/Roosevelt.jpg

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!

KEEP THIS MOVING

Muzikman
03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
They don't make them like Teddy any more.

ridgerunner97
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
T.R. is by far on the top of my list of most respected men, along with the founding fathers whose foresight in framing this country was astounding.

Christopher
03-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Question one is in its own box and there is nothing stated about required answers anywhere on the sheet. So I only did number one

I am not a racist so my race is not important.

If they come to my door they will get the same answer.

limegreentj
03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
truthfully, i think the only thing Nobama has done right so far was allow drilling off the coast of Virginia.

justin'sbig7
03-31-2010, 10:45 PM
truthfully, i think the only thing Nobama has done right so far was allow drilling off the coast of Virginia.

wich in his campaign he bashed the republicans for this EXACT idea. Said we wouldnt see a drop of oil for 10 years... blah blah blah, looks like hes trying to regain popularity. :gear_puke: he's an idiot.

limegreentj
03-31-2010, 10:47 PM
damn! i didnt know that...lol

justin'sbig7
03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
most people dont. the regular media channels and newspapers wont follow up, inform, investigate, or just plain tell the truth when it comes to liberals.

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
He was trying to promote cleaner fuel ideas and blah blah blah. Now that reality has set in, he's going against his word. Which never meant shit to begin with. Liberals and environmentalists in general are pissed.

SirFuego
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
I've had mine for a while. I don't think I'm going to fill it out just to see what will happen.

Nothing will happen -- well nothing that will directly penalize you. Unless you consider the fact that political districts are drawn based on the census, so you (and others) not sending in their census form may mean your area is underrepresented. Not that our reps actually represent the population, but that's a story for another day.

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Nothing will happen -- well nothing that will directly penalize you. Unless you consider the fact that political districts are drawn based on the census, so you (and others) not sending in their census form may mean your area is underrepresented. Not that our reps actually represent the population, but that's a story for another day.

I'll get a knock on my door more than likely. I know somebody that works doing just that. $15/ hr too.

As far as representation, you're right. But what will really be represented is a white guy in northside. I doubt that demographic will produce additional funding for this area....

SirFuego
03-31-2010, 11:23 PM

Awesome. Now our oil prices will go up even higher. Corporate taxes and overhead are already skyrocketing -- which translates to higher prices. Now consider the fact that US oil is much more expensive to refine than foreign oil. Based on what my buddy in the oil industry told me a while ago -- the reason we depend on foreign oil is because it's cheaper to refine and sell than US oil. This is due to the consistency of crude oil from the Mid East -- not due to the cost of doing business in the US.

Let's keep sitting on our oil until the rest of the world runs out. We would essentially be the next biggest supplier to the world, so might as well hold off on that card until the rest of the world wants to come to us. Could be an awesome way to relieve our debts to other nations, too....

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
be the next biggest supplier to the world...

...and obama will own us even more than he already does.

SirFuego
03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
...and obama will own us even more than he already does.

Obama will be long out of office by the time the rest of the world needs to come to us for oil...

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Obama will be long out of office by the time the rest of the world needs to come to us for oil...

Yeah, but the man has an agenda and the American Government that he continues to manipulate is a big part of it...

SirFuego
03-31-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, but the man has an agenda and the American Government that he continues to manipulate is a big part of it...

Uh huh. But when you have an ideal Congress to work with, that'll happen. I'm curious what Congress will look like come mid-November.

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Uh huh. But when you have an ideal Congress to work with, that'll happen. I'm curious what Congress will look like come mid-November.

All fired!!! I hope :)

Deadman 94 xj
03-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Seriously, what I think a lot of people should do is get involved with the Tea-party interest groups. They're getting huge! And there's talk of them actually forming a political party sometime down the road.

On another note, I talked to somebody the other day that knows his stuff and he seems to feel that the States WILL actually be successful in over turning the Heathcare crap based on it being unconstitutional. I hope he's right. There's a lot of stuff in that Bill that a lot of people aren't aware of, that has nothing to do with health care also. The taking away of education lending from the States and turning it over to the Feds for example. You and I might know it, but a lot of folks have no idea.

I think a lot of people are really getting tired of this guy and it's not just the Republicans. He's wearing out his welcome.

Christopher
04-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Traps do not work without bait

This is to lure gullible reps to vote for a watered down cap and trade.

If in the future we are plauged with the current president and legislators, and the mindset that the only good corperation is a government corperation, we will not use our resources until Government owns the industry/energy. (Like other commie places)

Once they do using our resources will be necessary for our common good.
(pay for debt, etc)

There is currently more land grabs over gas formations out west. Moab is part of that.
A NEWYORK senator or rep is leading the charge for the land grab in UTAH.

TimMichaels
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Awesome. Now our oil prices will go up even higher. Corporate taxes and overhead are already skyrocketing -- which translates to higher prices. Now consider the fact that US oil is much more expensive to refine than foreign oil. Based on what my buddy in the oil industry told me a while ago -- the reason we depend on foreign oil is because it's cheaper to refine and sell than US oil. This is due to the consistency of crude oil from the Mid East -- not due to the cost of doing business in the US.

Let's keep sitting on our oil until the rest of the world runs out. We would essentially be the next biggest supplier to the world, so might as well hold off on that card until the rest of the world wants to come to us. Could be an awesome way to relieve our debts to other nations, too....

My only major disagreement with Obama's term thus far for the exact reasons you just outlined.

Deadman 94 xj
04-01-2010, 12:13 AM

That's actually one hell of a good point. So he's attempting to deplete out natural resources. Brilliant! :120: Once this starts, if he plays his cards right, I bet it will be VERY difficult to reverse. Or at least that's what he's hoping.

Christopher
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
On another note, I talked to somebody the other day that knows his stuff and he seems to feel that the States WILL actually be successful in over turning the Heathcare crap based on it being unconstitutional. I hope he's right. There's a lot of stuff in that Bill that a lot of people aren't aware of, that has nothing to do with health care also. The taking away of education lending from the States and turning it over to the Feds for example. You and I might know it, but a lot of folks have no idea.

If you noticed the news has switched to selling the healthcare.
When it is not about that.
Its the unconstitutionall way it was passed.
They will use the same tactic on other ""laws""

Deadman 94 xj
04-01-2010, 12:20 AM
If you noticed the news has switched to selling the healthcare.
When it is not about that.
Its the unconstitutionall way it was passed.
They will use the same tactic on other ""laws""

Yep. But as you know, it's not about the way it was passed as it is the fact that he's forcing American people to buy something they may not want that is unconstitutional. I just hope the Supreme Ct is pissed enough at him to get something done.

Edit: Actually I think Congress did end up voting it in. The Slaughter rule was never used. I could be wrong on that though.

OverkillZJ
06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
For the record - I never heard a peep about only filling in question 1. A friend of mine (a few of you know Michelle) didn't send hers in at all, wouldn't open through the door of her apartment for the census taker, and responded that according to her knowledge she was only required to state that one person was living there, and nothing more. The census taker nodded her head, thanked her, and walked away.

Christopher
06-02-2010, 05:01 PM
For the record - I never heard a peep about only filling in question 1. A friend of mine (a few of you know Michelle) didn't send hers in at all, wouldn't open through the door of her apartment for the census taker, and responded that according to her knowledge she was only required to state that one person was living there, and nothing more. The census taker nodded her head, thanked her, and walked away.

Same here.

machinerguy
06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
That's a very curteous census worker. Do they hit every residence in the country? When he came to my house, I told him "Five"' just like I put on paper. That census form was the most racist piece of shit I'd seen in a loonng time.
I'm a "middle of the road" guy, my double yellow line being the Constitution and Declaration. Too far either way brings anarchy or commie-fascism.
"They" have been whittling away at the most sacred and glorious of societies for a long tinme now. We are not Europe, nor do we wish to be them. Our Country defines the natural order of humanity. We have the right not to be ****ed with by government officials. We will choose our own path and have the right to fail or succeed.
Personally, I'm ****ING SICK of Uncle Sam's nose up my ass and will do as I please within the double yellow line.
Oops, did I say that? I meant "Heil obama"(with salute).
Please don't report me.