PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Garden tractor tires

LordAthens
04-19-2006, 11:25 PM
But more specifically, something with a nice lug to them, a chunky chevron pattern would make me really happy. Stock tires are 18x9.5x8 if memory serves, thought I'm pretty sure we can fit a set of 20x8x8's or 20x10x8's on it. I'm going to measure tomorrow to make sure.

Ultimately looking for something along these lines of tread(don't blame me for the neon-ness, I stole the pics off of ebay);

http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/84/eb/b0_1.JPG

But we'll settle for something like this if need be. Anything is better than the racing slick turf-savers that are on it now.

http://i21.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/d6/a4/69_12.JPG

Anyone have a pair laying around that they want to give away or sell really cheap? For what it's worth, it's for our haunted house tractor and we're completely non-profit and all that jazz. The money guy won't buy new tires and I'm sick of not being able to move a load of whatever to whereever it needs to be moved. I don't think I'll even care if there is a hole in the tire (hopefully not the sidewall though?), I'll patch it. Hell, maybe we'll even convert it over to a innertube.

I figured someone has a set of these laying behind their barn taking up room they need to have back :)

I'm also looking for some lengths of firehose. I'll take anything I can get my hands on basically, but I'm really hoping for a 75ft length of 3". Fittings or no fittings, I don't care. They'll be replaced with cam & groove anyhow (unless they already happen to be cam % groove...)

I also wouldn't mind finding couple hundred (~300) feet of any size firehose.

Some longshots, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

avenged7foldhc
04-19-2006, 11:56 PM
put some 35" boggers on it

LordAthens
04-20-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm not sure that little 17hp Kohler would be happy about that.

Or the transaxle..

Or the belt drive..

C'mon, this is a Craftsman, not a Deere ;)

notmYJ
04-20-2006, 08:11 PM
c'mon Brandon, It has Royal Purple in it now. That stuff gives you 10 hp!!!