PDA

View Full Version : Front End Help

Super Scout
04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
As many of you know I destroyed the front end in the scout. Well I got all parts new carrier, locker, ring and pinion and all new gears. I dropped it off at Greensburg Driveline and they just called and told me the housing is junk. Well I have another housing but the problem is its not set up for spring over. When I did the lift a buddy had set up the front end and I have no idea how he did it. Would anyone on here be willing to give me a hand that knows how to cut and turn a front end and move the perches. Let me know the sooner the better. Thanks alot.

Super Scout
04-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I would have the old housing if that helps. So I would just have to match the setup. I would mainly need help with the welding...

ridgerunner97
04-12-2010, 10:54 PM
So when you guys SOA'd it you cut and turned the C's also Steve? I think I can get it. How good did you clowns weld the perches on and are the C's welded 360* or did you guys weld em a lil here and a lil there? I'm just wondering how hard they are gonna be to break loose from teh tubes thas all, like I said I think we can fix ya up.

village_idiot
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
As many of you know I destroyed the front end in the scout. Well I got all parts new carrier, locker, ring and pinion and all new gears. I dropped it off at Greensburg Driveline and they just called and told me the housing is junk. Well I have another housing but the problem is its not set up for spring over. When I did the lift a buddy had set up the front end and I have no idea how he did it. Would anyone on here be willing to give me a hand that knows how to cut and turn a front end and move the perches. Let me know the sooner the better. Thanks alot.
whats wrong with the housing?

Super Scout
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
They are welded...lol my buddy Matt made damn sure they would come up. The new housing has the Cs still attached they will be easier to get off. I made perches for the old one I would like to reuse they are welded on both sides and along the bottom but doable.

Super Scout
04-12-2010, 11:00 PM
When I ripped up the front end one of the pinion bearings seized and it ground away the housing. The guy at Greensburg Driveline told me it was unfixabe I got no reason no to believe him. I grenaded that front end...

ridgerunner97
04-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I think we can get it man, just take our time and use lots of measuring and angle finding and patience to get it the same as the old one :) Like I said, I can tack em, and if my dad is feelin okay he can burn em home or Josh will burn em at his place, no biggie.