PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw a Rubicon Unlimited

JB_Pgh
12-17-2004, 02:07 PM
...err, Unlimited Rubicon?

They have a khaki one at South Hills Chrysler jeep, it looks sweet.

It's a stick, I think the sticker is $29k and change. I can't find the drooling smiley so I'll just use this one: :smt026

OverkillZJ
12-17-2004, 03:42 PM
....Delete this post before Brandon sees it, or he's gonna be telling Bill and I about it non stop for about a month before he finds another obsession temporarily

:massacre: <dude, that's a DISTURBING smiley!

Cebby
12-17-2004, 05:44 PM
:worthless:

Bill
12-17-2004, 06:15 PM
....Delete this post before Brandon sees it, or he's gonna be telling Bill and I about it non stop for about a month before he finds another obsession temporarily

EXACTLY!!!

LordAthens
12-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Actually, I test drove that one on Monday. The had pulled it off the truck that morning and I was the first person, other than the dude that drove it off the truck that drove it. It was pretty wild seeing 000001 on the odometer.

The 6spd is VERY nice, though i'm still sold on the auto. 1st gear is a little low, though 6th IMO is much nicer than 5th for daily driving. You'll be turning some high RPM's running 70 on the highway though.

We talked a little on price and he was very willing to work (While I have very limited dealings with dealerships, this guy most certainly seemed new, knowing little to nothing about ANY of the Jeep line. He knew some a few things about the WK, though limited. He seemed a little to eager to make a sale. I showed him a invoice from JeepWarehouse setup almost identical (only difference was color and auto), he went away for a few minutes and came back and said he could beat the price, sooo...)

But, anyhow, yeah it's VERY nice. The ride and noise levels were damn near unbelievable. Even at 50mph on 19, it was almost silent inside. You can barely hear the engine in front of the firewall, road noise was non exsistant. There was a slight bit of wind noise and really that was about it.

And for the ride quality.. Wow. Seriously it rides almost as good as the Pathfinder. It is WORLDS better than a SWB xJ. Granted, my TJ rides like a total pile of crap, but even juding vs say, Bills, it's an amazing ride.

Mom wants to trade in the Pathfinder for one when our lease is up in Feb. (non Rubi edition). So, maybe we'll be bringing 2 of them home..

Bill
12-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey Matt... Here it comes...

You know Brandon is bot going to shut up about it now... :lol:

Blah, Blah, Blah... :roll:

OverkillZJ
12-18-2004, 11:02 AM
...Great, your gonna let your mom be ONE OF THOSE!

"What's that "lock" button do?"

:roll:

:finga:

LordAthens
12-18-2004, 11:20 AM
If she actually gets one, she's going to get the standard Unlimited.

Bill
12-18-2004, 07:23 PM
If she actually gets one, she's going to get the standard Unlimited.

So what you are saying is that neither of you will ever get out and wheel? :smt098

I know, I know.... Tiff says your not allowed... :roll:

LordAthens
12-19-2004, 03:48 AM
Har dee har har..

You know as well as I that I don't want to wheel right now because I'd rather not risk damaging the rockers (read: lack of rocker protection) on a vehicle that's either going to get traded in or sold.

That, and the whole working retail on Sundays thing sort of puts a kabosh on the whole wheeling thing as well.

OverkillZJ
12-19-2004, 11:59 AM
I wasn't really gonna jump in and give you a hard time until you said that.. I've seen you on the trails once, so shut yer piehole rubi boy :smt027

Bill
12-19-2004, 02:08 PM
I wasn't really gonna jump in and give you a hard time until you said that.. I've seen you on the trails once, so shut yer piehole rubi boy :smt027

And IF he just happens to get a Rubi Unlimited you probably still will not see him on the trail. He will be too busy working, we will have to hear about retail and how bad it sucks... Or maybe he will just whine about the scratches. :? :roll: 8)

Happycamper
12-19-2004, 07:45 PM
WOW!! Brandon your takin a beating on here, I know you wheel I've gone with you .................................................. ..................ONCE!!! :smt098

Bill
12-19-2004, 10:01 PM
WOW!! Brandon your takin a beating on here, I know you wheel I've gone with you .................................................. ..................ONCE!!! :smt098

So, what you are saying is that you have been out with Brandon 100% of the time he has wheeled?

You have been with him each and every time?

:roll:

Happycamper
12-20-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm starting to get scared, no replies from Brandon. I'm thinking next time we see him he's gonna roll up in a Rubi. Unlimited and have the last laugh. :smt119

JB_Pgh
12-20-2004, 02:42 PM
There's something to be said about an older rig that you can beat on without worrying about scratches or warranties, I guess.

That argument is going on at JU right now, the "buy a Rubi" camp vs. the "build a Sport or X" camp.

To each his own...

LordAthens
12-20-2004, 06:23 PM
It's pointless to argue with the all mighty all perfect Bill, so I'm simply going to refrain from comment.

Bill, I'm sorry I don't have some sweet job like you and i'm currently stuck in retail. I'm sorry I don't have a Rubicon like you. And i'm sorry your not with me everytime I go off-road. For the record, you've been wheeling with me twice, Connellsville where you blew out your front end and I had to tow you out and again at Connellsville when we all went camping. But I guess since you weren't with me the other times, it doesn't count. Also, for the record, Matt I've never been wheeling with you once, so I guess you've never gone off-roading at all... :smt120

And with the above comments, you wonder why I don't wheel with you Bill..

Bill
12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Look out it is PMS day at Radio Shack!

See, this is why you need to get a non-retail job... You are always so moody during the holiday season. :smt098

LordAthens
12-20-2004, 06:30 PM
You just don't know when to shut up do you?

Bill
12-20-2004, 06:31 PM
You just don't know when to shut up do you?

Are we a little moody today? :roll:

..take that as a "No"

OverkillZJ
12-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Brandon... It was all in good fun... Do you want something for the PMS?

So who locks the thread when it's all the mods are arguing?

Really... Brandon... I don't think Bill or I meant any harm. I guess it's harder to sense sarcasm online than it is when we're just razzing each other in the garage.

Happycamper
12-20-2004, 07:09 PM
You know I can't say anything bad about you Brandon. You help me out w/ my heep cause your a nice guy. I genuinly like you and feel your pain working this shitty time of the year in retail. My comments were all in good fun. Hey, i got an idea, why don't we (Me, you, Bill, Jerome and whoever else) go up to houston SOON and play around. It's been way to long since I've been in 4 LOW. We can do a night run or something, but we ALL need to get together and just go play around. :smt023

Happycamper
12-20-2004, 07:11 PM
Sorry, I forgot about the rocker protection thing. But you're a good driver if we go to houston there's not much there to damage a rocker.

Bill
12-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Better yet, why don't we go to CiCi's and eat pizza... I feel better now and I could go for some pizza! 8)

OverkillZJ
12-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Better yet, why don't we go to CiCi's and eat pizza... I feel better now and I could go for some pizza! 8)

I ate that whole buffet with my brother for lunch yesterday :)

I think he's moving back to pittsburgh just for CiCi's