PDA

View Full Version : Stupid lowrider angles... Lift/DS fix

Sloth_Fratelli
05-06-2010, 06:01 PM
so i sheared a u-joint a few weeks ago...again. i think the problem is that the ass end sits so low its putting constant pressure on the rear u-joint, so much so that its wrecking u-joints. ive been saving up for a 4.5"RC lift for a while and im thinking that will help it out. the only thing is i dont wanna wreck another u-joint and driveshaft. so my idea is to lift it, then re-install the driveshaft(new to me one) so i dont bash up another one before i get it lifted. and im gonna be getting it lifted within a month.

oh, and to those about to flame, yes, i am getting the front u-joints done first, as soon as i get some time.

Krod
05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Do you have a SYE already?

Sloth_Fratelli
05-06-2010, 06:11 PM
no im actually below stock height

Krod
05-06-2010, 06:41 PM
right...

...but what will installing a lift do to HELP the drive shaft angles without adjusting the pinion angle and adding an SYE, or doing the TC drop?

Sloth_Fratelli
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
the DS is literally too far back to put another u-joint in when i mock it up... what im thinking is that is because its so low and a lift would possibly pull them apart some. the think is im getting both a lift and a new driveshaft, those are independent of eachother. im just wondering if the lift would help or if im just looking at something bigger, because i have no idea what else the problem could be

Krod
05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't see how that's even possible with a stock driveshaft. The slip is in the Transfer Case. Even at full bump it should have room to move. Can you get under there and take some pictures? It almost sounds like you have the wrong shaft in there if it really is bottomed out at normal ride height.

Sloth_Fratelli
05-06-2010, 07:01 PM
ill try to get pics up soon. its a new driveshaft that was on it and i diddnt put it on, a shop did