PDA

View Full Version : Gotta wait 15 seconds to search?

muddeprived
06-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Dunno if anyone's having similar issues but when I search for something in the top right corner search bar, it always says wait 15 seconds to perform another search. I didn't search for anything prior to that so I dunno why it's telling me to wait another 15 seconds.

Not a big deal, just pointing it out to the forum mod. :)

OverkillZJ
06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
If you click new posts, that'd count as a search.

muddeprived
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
If you click new posts, that'd count as a search.

It's directly from the home page, no searching or new posts. I'm using firefox is that means anything.

This is the screen that shows up after clicking search. Note it says 10 seconds, just a fraction of a second after i click search but it says wait 15 seconds. How does 5 seconds go by in a fraction of a second lol.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/Chriseatsmud/Untitled-1copy.jpg

OverkillZJ
06-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Ill check it out in a couple weeks, vacation time! Id try it in IE, might be a flaw in vbulletin. Also couldn't hurt to try clearing your temps and cookies. If you want to try this sites cookie only, I think I called it pghor or pghoffroad

SirFuego
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I've had it happen before on this and other sites. It always came down to me accidentally clicking something -- then clicking something else before the webpage changed on the browser.

beat1078
06-18-2010, 03:24 PM
..... Also couldn't hurt to try clearing your temps and cookies. If you want to try this sites cookie only, I think I called it pghor or pghoffroad

That is such a Helpdesk answer.

muddeprived
06-18-2010, 04:28 PM
That is such a Helpdesk answer.

Lol.

I emptied my cookies and tried again by typing the home page in and then immediately searching. Same thing happened. It might just be my computer. It's no big deal really. I thought i'd just point it out in case there was a bug lurking around in the forum code.

Dick.Breakey
06-19-2010, 05:35 PM
my work computer does that on another forum. its ie that im using there but firefox never does it