PDA

View Full Version : 8.8 install near Bridgeville

YJ94
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I need someone with some experience in this axle swap and is a good welder. I would prefer to be near Bridgeville or if you could do it at my garage in Bridgeville, because I don't have means of moving my Jeep because I don't have a truck or a trailer so I would have to rent one. So if anyone is looking to pickup a little cash let me know. I have the 8.8 out of a 98 exploder with 4.10 and an L/S and I also have the install kit from MAD 4WD. If anyone is interested leave me a PM. And I also need a 4.0 TB for my 2.5 4 Banger!!!!!

Thanks in advance

scrambled
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
what do you need welded, the spring pads?

YJ94
05-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I need the whole rearend put in which would include the welding of the spring pads and the shock mounts. That is after everything is measured up to where it has to be. I just put a SYE on the transfer case so the pinion has to be on an angle facing the TC yoke for the new CV driveshaft, and the brake lines need to be set up.

Happycamper
06-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I know a few people that have set up and installed their share of 8.8's, but the person that is closest is in Independence Twp. I know he's not going to travel. I could talk to him for you if there is anyway you could get the axle out to him, have him weld up the brackets and when it's ready to go in get your Jeep out there to insatall.