PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to swap out frames on my TJ?

Dman's TJ
06-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Hey guys,

I have a TJ with some pretty bad rust damage on the frame and am planning on swapping out the entire frame. I did have Justin's Big 7 setup to do it for me, but he is too busy for the work. I am planning on going up to Davey's Jeep and getting a good frame. I don't think the swap will be too hard, you just have to have the right tools. Though, I just talked to Justin and he says that I am going to some body channel work done too. I would even be willing to help, though of course, I do plan on paying for the job. And this is my DD.

Thanks in advance for any advice or direction you can give me.

Derek

RedRaider
06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
If you pay a shop to do it, it's gonna cost alot cause there will be a good bit of man hours involved. I'll help you do it, but my garage isn't big enough, I currently only have room for one vehicle. let me know if you need help

Dman's TJ
07-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks Eric... I think I might have a guy that can do it for me. I will keep you posted. I have a one car garage, but I don't have the tools or enough knowledge to do the swap myself. I would love to be a part of it. The swap seems straight forward, I just don't know about the body channel work...

Derek

DeathBlade556
07-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Is the frame bad enough that you cant weld on some plate? Could you get us some pictures?

notmYJ
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
its usually easier to just repair the frame rather than replace it. And its as strong or stronger than stock. If teh frame is not bent, you should be able to replace it. Hell, quadratech even sells replacement panels, pre cut and formed, ready to weld on. Would be hella cheaper too.

Dman's TJ
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

I will take and post some pics this weekend, but the frame is in pretty bad condition. I did try POR 15 on it a year and a half ago, but now it is just flaking off. The whole frame seems to be thin. The rust is coming from the inside out.... I have had her for about four years now and all I can say it that the guy who had her before me should be strung up and dragged behind her for letting this travesty happen...lol It is a damn shame for a JEEP owner to not maintain a machine of such prestige....

I think I have a guy to hook me up... I am just waiting to hear the cost...

Thanks,

Derek