PDA

View Full Version : 350 swap

MF Steve!
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM
who knows what about doin 350 swaps? ive got an 86 350 police interceptor motor w/ a 700r4 tranny. id like to start getting all the junk together to drop it in this spring. any info available is of much appreciation...

Bill
12-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I know a little about it. I know that most people have more problems with the wiring than anything else. It is the small details that become the big issues. The actual mounting of the motor is pretty easy with the right motor mounts. The transmission should bolt right up too. It is making all the little things work that become a problem.

A question for you...

If you have the Police Interceptor motor/tranny, does that mean you are keeping the larger oil cooler / rad / tranny cooler as well? They would probably be easy to install and well worth it in the long run.

MF Steve!
12-20-2004, 06:06 PM
its just the motor/tranny. no accessories. im most likely going to buy a big daddy rad, or a be-cool rad, and multiple electric fans of some sort. and as for wiring...i think im going all autometer gauges for sure. its a carbureted motor so no computer issues that way.

Bill
12-20-2004, 06:13 PM
You may want to look into the tranny cooler as well. I know that make a huge difference in the police package cars.

... Not that I have ever beat on one that bad... HONEST! 8)

MF Steve!
12-20-2004, 06:15 PM
riiiiight. the one time i drove a crown-vic interceptor, i beat the crap out of it. and yea...ive looked at tranny coolers. i found one that looks like it belongs in a nuke power plant, but its big, and has head reduction guarantee of some sort.