PDA

View Full Version : inflatable pontoon boats

jlovbasz3
07-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to know if anybody has one and how is it on the water?Or if its even possible to take one on a state lake like Virgin Run?
http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!BuHh+l!CWk~$(KGrHqUH-EEEvrZfMZ(ZBL+!C9v4Nw~~_35.JPG

Dick.Breakey
07-26-2010, 02:16 PM
ive seen these back home on the lake out there. one guy even threw two trolling motors on the back and configures it where they turned the same way with the same foot peddle and steering. it was pretty neat. the only problem with that is you have to register it. but he seemed to like it

Dick.Breakey
07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
looking at it again, his looked really similar, but maybe a little bigger. i think his was a two-seater type

jlovbasz3
07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Thats the thing I don't know if you can register those in Pa or if I could get a launch permit for the lake.I guess I should call the fish&boat commission.

jlovbasz3
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
From the Pa F&B C website- Owners of unpowered boats (canoes, kayaks, rowboats, etc.) can launch their boats at Commission lakes and access areas or Pennsylvania state parks if their boats display a Commission launch use permit, boat registration, or PA State Parks launch permit or mooring permit. Pennsylvania State Parks recognizes Commission boat registrations and launch permits. The Commission does NOT recognize launch permits from other states.