PDA

View Full Version : Machine shop

PK
12-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Any recommendations for a machine shop for engine overhaul in Pittsburgh/Beaver area?

OverkillZJ
12-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Heads I'm assuming?

I haven't had any experience with them, but I know of Magnum Machine along 19 south heading towards Washington.

Call Mark, I'm sure he knows of a couple good ones. How goes the project anyway?

PK
12-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Actually, to bore over the block, possibly also machine and pressure test the head, it really does depend on the cost.

Its going ok, rather slowly because of the weather and time constraints. I still need to pull it out, so I can remove all the pistons, cam and crank, but I do have all of the replacement parts ready, so with the machine job, new rings, I should have a nice engine again when it is over. I give it probably until May or June before I have it back on the road though.

I'm also working in parallel on the Javelin, for which I just got a replacement rear bumper for 70 bucks on ebay shipped. A real steal, it is in great shape.

I also need to have some welding and sheet metal fab/shaping done for the floorboard rot areas and trunk for the Jav, any thoughts on that one?

Lots o fun.