PDA

View Full Version : I want an m4

Dick.Breakey
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
yes. i do. i cant wait to get one.

that is all

Wrecker
10-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Got one and building another. But they dont have cool names like shotty.

Dick.Breakey
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
they have cool names like zombie destroyer. i like that a little better.

and i bet the m4 doesnt hate fun

Wrecker
10-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I had fun that night. And you can get ejection port covers with that stuff on it FYI.

DeathBlade556
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
I have one of these uppers, I dropped a few mags though it not bad for the price.

http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16hbarmidlength1x9flattopuppercompletestanda rd-2.aspx

joshs1ofakindxj
10-12-2010, 12:50 AM
I 2nd the upper quality

Aran
10-12-2010, 04:14 AM
I built one a few years ago, got a Ciener .22lr kit, played with it for a bit, and ultimately got bored with it and sold it for what I had into it.

Unless you like pretending you're Timmy Tactical, they're nothing impressive.

Dick.Breakey
10-12-2010, 07:26 AM
ok. its official. you are absolutely NO fun.

jackb1
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
I was just looking at my notes this morning for my next purchase. I had an M4 for a few months and sold it to pay for something else and have been regretting it ever since. I can't decide on barrel length for my next one but think I have the specs on everything else decided. I like the idea of buying and building as it is so easy a monkey could do it but I just don't trust the quality. Maybe I should. I think I'm going colt this time and I know the downsides.

Are there any places around that actually have a nice selection? Ace only has a limited selection and they're usually lower end and A1. Maybe a gun show coming up?

Wrecker
10-12-2010, 10:45 AM
ok. its official. you are absolutely NO fun.

Your just jealous. I have an M4 and I can drive my XJ. And you would love my shotgun.

Dick.Breakey
10-12-2010, 12:25 PM
I was just looking at my notes this morning for my next purchase. I had an M4 for a few months and sold it to pay for something else and have been regretting it ever since. I can't decide on barrel length for my next one but think I have the specs on everything else decided. I like the idea of buying and building as it is so easy a monkey could do it but I just don't trust the quality. Maybe I should. I think I'm going colt this time and I know the downsides.

Are there any places around that actually have a nice selection? Ace only has a limited selection and they're usually lower end and A1. Maybe a gun show coming up?

well you just missed a pretty decent gun show last weekend. thats where i saw an entire table of them. all ranging from 750-1600/

Dick.Breakey
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Your just jealous. I have an M4 and I can drive my XJ. And you would love my shotgun.

i was talking about the very bitter individual who posted above me.

and i will drive mine soon and will have one soon. so im alright :finger:

jackb1
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
well you just missed a pretty decent gun show last weekend. thats where i saw an entire table of them. all ranging from 750-1600/

I was in a friend's wedding and couldn't sneak away all weekend or I would have gone.

Dick.Breakey
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
ah i gotch ya. yeah id be pissed if a buddy of mine did that. well maybe not. i guess id only be pissed if i wasnt invited along.

maybe next time

jackb1
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I was actually pretty happy... he intentionally scheduled on a steeler bye-week.

jlovbasz3
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll play,I want a Barrett model 95. http://barrett.net/firearms/model95

EddyB
10-12-2010, 02:53 PM

I wouldn't call what they have low end. Not top of the line either. I've never seen an A1 there though. If you want something high end You are better off building it yourself, at least getting a complete upper and building your lower.

I really like this place, have ordered a few things from them.
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/index

jackb1
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't call what they have low end. Not top of the line either. I've never seen an A1 there though. If you want something high end You are better off building it yourself, at least getting a complete upper and building your lower.

I really like this place, have ordered a few things from them.
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/index

Maybe low end isn't appropriate, but it isn't anything special. Last time I was there was a few months ago. They had 1 A3 on a .22 and the rest were A1 or 2. I guess it could change over a lot. I just assumed they wouldn't sell that many.

EddyB
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
A1- carry handle w/ windage adjustments only on rear sight
A2- carry handle w/ windage and elevation on rear sight
A3-Detachable carry handle w/ windage and elevation on rear sight

The way they are hanging on the wall the knobs for detaching the carry handle are against the wall. From a distance it could be hard to tell them apart.

There is nothing wrong with an A2, as long as you are ok running iron sights. There are ways of mounting optics to them, they are just limited and you do not get a good cheek weld with the optic mounted on the carry handle or in front of it.

I have an A2 and like it, Hindsight being 20/20, I would have bought an A3.

They sell a lot of AR's. They are not going to carry high end custom jobs though because of the turn around on an item like that.

HoodRN
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I just put a lower together from spare parts, S&W MP15 receiver with Daniel Defense parts. Stuck a BCM M4 upper on it, planning on buying an ACOG a little later (unless Santa Claus brings me one).

JeepSteeler
10-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe low end isn't appropriate, but it isn't anything special. Last time I was there was a few months ago. They had 1 A3 on a .22 and the rest were A1 or 2. I guess it could change over a lot. I just assumed they wouldn't sell that many.

Have you checked Sportsmans Supply in Butler? I was up there a few months ago nabbing a new .380 and they had a few back in the corner. You never know what they'll have but at least you can go mess with them and not have to stand behind the counter and ask for one at a time.

I'm debating between the Ruger SR-22 (556 .22 version) or the Sig 522, I might go up soon to see what they have. I know they had a few M&P's and Colts in stock last trip. I don't know too much about the black guns so this might not be useful info at all.

jackb1
10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Have you checked Sportsmans Supply in Butler? I was up there a few months ago nabbing a new .380 and they had a few back in the corner. You never know what they'll have but at least you can go mess with them and not have to stand behind the counter and ask for one at a time.

I'm debating between the Ruger SR-22 (556 .22 version) or the Sig 522, I might go up soon to see what they have. I know they had a few M&P's and Colts in stock last trip. I don't know too much about the black guns so this might not be useful info at all.

I get up there about once every month or two. I've never bought anything other than some ammo. They only had a few last time I was there but nothing close to what I want. Sounds like their stock must change a bit. I think they only had one .223 and the colts were all .22

rubicon20032003
10-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Bult a colt from the start

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/rubicon20032003/crawl001.jpg

Dick.Breakey
10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Bult a colt from the start

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/rubicon20032003/crawl001.jpg

i like it

NeonRyder
10-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Damn what a good thread. I was shooting one this weekend and I have the bug now too.

My question is is it possible to build a flattop carbine for $500?

Aran
10-12-2010, 07:53 PM
i was talking about the very bitter individual who posted above me.

and i will drive mine soon and will have one soon. so im alright :finger:
How am I bitter? I bought something, I did not end up liking it, I sold it.

YJBIZ
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/Slant022/StagM4BenelliM4.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/Slant022/StagM4.jpg

I bought mine from Guyziks, It is a stag Arms then I put everthing else on it...

DeathBlade556
10-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Guzaks always has a few lower and parts in stock. Only problem is he's open from 6 to 9 pm.

JeepSteeler
10-13-2010, 10:11 AM
I get up there about once every month or two. I've never bought anything other than some ammo. They only had a few last time I was there but nothing close to what I want. Sounds like their stock must change a bit. I think they only had one .223 and the colts were all .22

Gotcha. Hey if you want to meet up there sometime let me know, I'm always up for a run and I've been thinking about a Ruger SR9c anyway.

jackb1
10-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Gotcha. Hey if you want to meet up there sometime let me know, I'm always up for a run and I've been thinking about a Ruger SR9c anyway.

I work about 15 min away (I'm not at the top of hillendale any longer) so it is usually a mid-afternoon spur of the moment trip. I can head up almost any day so just shoot me a pm if you ever have the time.

JeepSteeler
10-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Gotcha. I'm not on Bernice anymore either......i'm over in Pine so its only a half hour to the shop. I'll shoot ya a PM if i can get a chance to go soon, cool.