PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with NFA experience?

notmYJ
10-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Well i am considering alot of options right now. Ranging from a long range AR variant in 6.8 Grendel, Barret model 98B, 5.56 suppressor, or an 11.5" SBR AR-15.

i think the suppressor is gonna be the way I go as it will get the most use with my current M-forgery, and future build of my 11.5" SBR, and my current 10/22.

i know it is not reccomended to shoot 22LR out of a 5.56 suppressor since the 22LR with cause heavy lead fouling, and since they can not be taken aprt for cleaning the buildup of lead can cause damage if a 5.56 round is then sent through it. However, it is said this issue can be eliminated by ultrasonic cleaning and considering I have access to a very large US cleaner, I am not worried about this.

i am curious if anyone here has gone through the process and if so did you do it personally or with an "NFA Trust"? Any reccomendations for Class III dealers in the area? How about general info or comments? experience with certain cans or manufactures?

I could fill out a Form 1 and make one, but i dont have access to a lathe anymore...

Aran
10-16-2010, 07:01 AM
I don't have personal experience, but from everything I've read unless your trust is 100% flawlessly formed and properly handled, it's not the way to go.

joshs1ofakindxj
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought the "K baffle" style could be disassembled for cleaning and so could some others, or is that not legal under the class III rules?

DeathBlade556
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Most suppressors I've handled have been able to be disassembled. Now being able to rebuilt is another thing together the BATF doesn't like that for some reason. If your looking for a shop that does NFA try John Browns armory in Rochester.

Tim always has a few .22 or 5.556 cans laying around. Last time I was down there he just got a post '86 full auto, suppressed, SBR, colt 9mm with case and a stack of mags for $400. He had everybody in the shop guessing how much that one set him back.

notmYJ
10-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Thanks Gabe, I'll give them a call tommorrow.