PDA

View Full Version : Progress.... Woooooohoooooooooooo!

Bill
12-23-2004, 09:16 AM
No more BANG!!!...BANG!!!!...BANG, BANG!!!! when I go over the bumps anymore. I got the new shock on the right rear last night. I put it on in the driveway. It is good to have a fully functional suspension again.

I am happy to say the exhaust is on as well. It is a little louder than I expected. I guess it sounds okay, but I mean... How good can the exhaust on a 6cyl sound? I am not a huge fan of the bling-blang exhaust tip, but maybe it will grow on me. I would love to see some improvements in gas mileage and / or performance, but it is really too soon to comment on that just yet.

Now all I need to do is get the rear bumper / tire carrier on and re-route my CB antenna. After that it is a simple gas tank skid replacement and I am all done.

(Okay, I need to get the snorkel installed too.)

The list never ends.

Cebby
12-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Got a pic of the bling bling tip? I guarantee it isn't as pimp as the Borla one I just put on. :vom:

MF Steve!
12-23-2004, 09:31 PM
i have a brand new set of really nice lennox metal holesaws...i'll gladly help you cut the hole :smt077

OverkillZJ
12-23-2004, 11:13 PM
i have a brand new set of really nice lennox metal holesaws...i'll gladly help you cut the hole :smt077

Actually.... If you're serious we could use that... Mine are metal/wood so they tend to do OK on wood, but tear sheet metal. Not what we want to use on Bills fender.

LordAthens
12-23-2004, 11:25 PM
Now I finally get it.

Bill has all of this money for mods because he's not spending money on tools like some of us. He just uses everyone elses tools! :-D

Bill
12-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Nope, I have a full set of mechanics tools I bought from Craftsman about a year ago. I just don't have any air tools... That is coming though, it is only a matter of time.

I need to buy a house to put the air compressor in first.

MF Steve!
12-24-2004, 03:07 PM
im 100% serious matt. i used one of them for my buddys led tails. they work amazing. not a single burr or rippled edge.

MF Steve!
12-24-2004, 03:07 PM
im 100% serious matt. i used one of them for my buddys led tails. they work amazing. not a single burr or rippled edge. ill be using them when i make nicks led xj rears too.

OverkillZJ
12-24-2004, 04:09 PM
im 100% serious matt. i used one of them for my buddys led tails. they work amazing. not a single burr or rippled edge. ill be using them when i make nicks led xj rears too.

Sweeeeeeeeet