PDA

View Full Version : A funny happened at the machine shop today.

OverkillZJ
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
I run the network infrastructure for a decent sized machine shop. A kid came in asking if they could do a one off for something or other, and they referred him to a smaller place. While in the office he saw some of the political posters, needeless to say this client is extremely right wing and pro gun.

kid: "You don't actually support these people do you?" Everyone kind of just looks at each other. He then says "So you probably dont' like the president much, do you? And starts going off on a left wing rant about why capitalism is bad. In an active machine shop.

I simply stated "I don't think you'll find anyone here who likes him, no, we actually work for a living". He just about ran out the door. It was the strangest thing. We're still laughing...

Deadman 94 xj
11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
In a machine shop. LOL, the irony.

Super Scout
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I didn't appreciate you guys laughing at me...

OverkillZJ
11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Haha.

It just blew my mind. We're trying to help him out after he knocked on the door, essentially invited himself in, and starts arguing about political signs on the wall. If I was asking someone for help that had an Obama poster on the wall, you bet your ass I'm not going to start spouting off about him.

jackb1
11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Was the shop on Rt. 8??

OverkillZJ
11-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Nope, in Bethel Park

ExplorHer
11-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Should have asked him what he meant by "these people".

notmYJ
03-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Does this shop do DOD contract work? You might have met my brother while you were there. lol

OverkillZJ
03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes, they do. I've gotten to play with some crazy looking things I'm probably not supposed to touch.

highlandercj-7
03-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice!

notmYJ
03-05-2011, 04:23 PM
LOL. You should see the owners basement.... Has his own gun range.

OverkillZJ
03-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm sure... he also sends everyone involved to gun bashes twice a year. I didn't win a thing today :(

notmYJ
03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Which gun bash? Bradock?

OverkillZJ
03-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Library

notmYJ
03-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Ah. Funny how that one is 3 min from home but yet I have never been to it. The best one if you can get tickets, is Braddock police. I'm skipping it this year, but its totally worth it. Last year I was getting vodka/tonics by the pitcher. Plus the quality of the girls in the donut room is top notch. lol. The hard part is getting tickets though.

fathersnsons
03-05-2011, 05:29 PM
The youth today are a product of our society's educational system & television.

My Son, comes home and tells me things a couple times a week that disappoint me.
Last week in English class the teacher took a survey in a 10th grd class:
asked who believes that work & wealth should be equally divided. Steven said over 75% of the class raised their hands.
The week before Chemistry class, three girls asked Steven his thoughts on Homosexuality. He replied Personally its a choice you must make but for me I feel it is wrong because of what the Bible says.

These same girls did not like his answer and became very upset and vocal. The Teacher came over and told Steven he is a trouble maker & then told the girls that they will just have to take the higher road & ignore Steven.

Yesterday a teacher was teaching the Federally Protected Classes, (Race, Religion, Sex...) when the teacher said that homosexuality is a federally protected class Steven raised his hand and politely said he was pretty sure its not.

All I know is that our nation is changing from within. I tell my Son, get an education, have fun while you are still a kid, read your Bible & pray.