PDA

View Full Version : Installing the rear bumper / tire carrier tonight

Bill
12-27-2004, 09:24 AM
... at Matt's place of course. I should get out of work around 3:30 PM and heading to Matt's place shortly after. I don't think the installation is going to be all that difficult. The hardest thing should be relocating the CB antenna and figureing out what I am going to do with the 3rd brake light.

After the install I see a possible trip right down the road to CiCi's. If anyone is interested in stopping by for the install, or heading to CiCi's afterwards PM me (or Matt.)

Bill
12-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Well Matt, I found the souce of my rattle. It looks like we need to hack into rubber bushing #2. We cut #1 a bit too short. No biggie, it isn't bad, it just isn't perfect.

OverkillZJ
12-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Well Matt, I found the souce of my rattle. It looks like we need to hack into rubber bushing #2. We cut #1 a bit too short. No biggie, it isn't bad, it just isn't perfect.

i wont say it...

i wont say it...

hell... im gonna say it...

I TOLD YOU SO!

Bill
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Yeah, the next one will not be cut down as much. We can just set it up so that you have to slam the carrier shut. I will show you what it is doing, it is just a hair off. It really isn't bad. It is so close that once it rubs together for about 3 minutes that it warms up, expands, and stops making about 95% of the noises. It is that close!