PDA

View Full Version : PA Inspection for a CJ

GeneralTso
12-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a decent shop in Pittsburgh to get my 82 CJ-7 inspected. It's a little rough, but I think it should pass as long as the shop isn't trying to fail it.

Are there any local shops that you'd recommend? If possible, I'd also like to find a shop that I could go to if I get in over my head with a repair job and need help...

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Bill
12-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Jeff, there are a lot of good places for inspection out there. I know you are in the Shadyside area if I remember correctly. You may want to try Lifetime Automotive on Baum. They are pretty decent guys.

If it looks like I am going to get in over my head I go to Matt's house and just enlist recruits. :wink:

GeneralTso
12-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Jeff, there are a lot of good places for inspection out there. I know you are in the Shadyside area if I remember correctly. You may want to try Lifetime Automotive on Baum. They are pretty decent guys.

If it looks like I am going to get in over my head I go to Matt's house and just enlist recruits. :wink:

Thanks Bill...

I'll give Lifetime Automotive a try and let you know how my luck is with them....

HMMM... I may have to meet this Matt guy. Fifth floor apartment living and on-the-street parking makes it rough working on the old CJ. I need to run a 75' extension cord out the window for my soldering gun.....

:toimonster:

Bill
12-27-2004, 02:21 PM
I am actually headed over to Matt's place shortly to put on my new bumper and tire carrier.

coverinearth
12-27-2004, 02:24 PM
where the helld oes matt live? i know hes out towards bridgeville somewhere, just not sure how to get to his house, i do know where kupe lives so if its near there i can prolly find it

Bill
12-27-2004, 02:40 PM
It is right on Boyce Road. I am not sure of the exact house number, shoot him an email and he can tell ya.

GeneralTso
12-27-2004, 03:26 PM
I am actually headed over to Matt's place shortly to put on my new bumper and tire carrier.

cool... what kind of bumper did you get/fab?

Bill
12-27-2004, 03:32 PM

Warn bumper / tire carrier

GeneralTso
12-27-2004, 03:38 PM

Warn bumper / tire carrier

nice! post some pics when you're done if ya get a chance....
:D

coverinearth
12-27-2004, 11:01 PM
sorry i couldnt stick around, we had an elevator emergency, i got the fun job of repelling down to the elevator and rigging people up, lol, wheres the pics?

OverkillZJ
12-28-2004, 12:48 AM
sorry i couldnt stick around, we had an elevator emergency, i got the fun job of repelling down to the elevator and rigging people up, lol, wheres the pics?

Hell with the pics I took of Bills bumper install, WHERE'S THE PICS OF THE MIDGET IN THE ELEVATOR SHAFT!???

Bills bumper looks good, but warn SUCKS at supplying the right parts. It's a good thing I had some extra hardware laying around that happened to work.

Is it bad if we forgot one of the support brackets though?

I'll have pics up later, I've gotta get to bed!

coverinearth
12-28-2004, 01:19 AM
lol, just picture the lucky charms leprechaun in firefighting gear, repelling down like mission impossibly style

Bill
12-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Yeah, the bumper looks great and it is really sturdy. I am happy with it. We did foget to add the driver's side frame bracket, but it is easy to do later.

I do have one little rattle coming from the rear, but I don't think it is coming from the tire carrier, I think it is my bling-bling exhaust tip hitting against the gas tank skid. I will fix whatever it is tomorrow... I am in need of some sleep myself.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Matt's pics, looks like his camera still has pictures from Summer on it... :roll:

OverkillZJ
12-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting for Matt's pics, looks like his camera still has pictures from Summer on it... :roll:

You only said that because you know I'll get off my ass to post them now... Bastard....

Bill
12-28-2004, 08:41 AM

You only said that because you know I'll get off my ass to post them now... Bastard....

Maybe :P

GeneralTso
12-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Yeah, the bumper looks great and it is really sturdy. I am happy with it. We did foget to add the driver's side frame bracket, but it is easy to do later.

I do have one little rattle coming from the rear, but I don't think it is coming from the tire carrier, I think it is my bling-bling exhaust tip hitting against the gas tank skid. I will fix whatever it is tomorrow... I am in need of some sleep myself.

hehehe.... I can't wait to see the bling-bling exhaust... Is it the kind with the ring of LEDs around the tip?

;)

Bill
12-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Wait for it... Wait for it... (Matt's got some pics coming.)