PDA

View Full Version : JEEP jk front axle ?

JEEPIN/J.S.A
01-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok ive been fighting front axle alignment problems for a while now, and i thought the reason my front tires were tilted in was because of the lift and changing the angle of the front axle. but i have done some reading and found out that on the next gen dana 30 and 44's they are installing on the jk's, they have been finding that the front (bear with me on this as i dont know the technical terms for these parts just yet) but the front C's, the part that holds the front hub assembly on to the axle via the ball joints has a tendancy to bend after installing bigger tires and a lift. they have reinforcment kits out for it to prevent that front happening, but of course, i found out too late. mine are already bent. My question is, are these something that can be fixed, or should i look into a replacement axle? 4WD has replacement dana 30 axle assemblies ready to bolt on for about 1200 or for a little more i can upgrade to the 44. I also looked into the dynatrac prorock 44 for about 2500. I dont know what to do. I have enough experience between my father and I to do an axle swap if its a bolt on and we just have to do the internals but if there is cutting and welding and measuring. I'd have to recruit and pay one of yinz or pay someone like 4WD to do it. I looked for a axle out of a wreck and cant find one. I also looked into just trying to find the C's but cant find anybody that carries those either. no matter what its going to cost $$$ .I dont wheel as often as i'd like but the jeep makes it out 5 or 6 times a year for heavy wheeling (rocks and boulders)and 5 or 6 more for light wheeling (mud and light trails). I dont think the prorock is necessary as i'm not that hard on it. I think just getting the 44 and putting the bracing kit on it that they sell will be sufficiant. Do you guys have any ideas????? I have to do something one way or another so dont hold back!!!!

PS. I know there are misspelled words but i rely heavily on spell check and thats not an option on here so sorry in advance to the grammar police.....lol

village_idiot
01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
theres an article JP did on this problem, ill see if i can dig it up for you.

village_idiot
01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/drivetrain/154_1003_jeep_wrangler_jk_dynatrac_front_axle_hous ing_upgrade/index.html

2002wranglerX
01-09-2011, 08:14 PM
They make offset balljoints to fix the camber issue. You can try sledging in inner sleeves. If the inner c bent then its game over though. You can bandaid that with offset balljoints. If you buy a new housinng then I recommend axle sleeves and evo c gussetts