PDA

View Full Version : WE'RE BACK! 2-1-2010 Forum Restore

OverkillZJ
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Our web host had more major issues today. AT about 2pm today, I told them to go **** themselves. Professionaly, or course.

I lost my shirt on this deal considering I was paid ahead through the entire year, but today was the last straw for me.

Sorry about any lost posts, I had to roll us back about 24 hours to make this work.

justin'sbig7
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for dealin with the crap Matt :cheers:

do you need some cash? id be glad to kick some in...

not to derail, but what happened to the paid user thing?

Deadman 94 xj
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Ahh, computers.

I spent all last night rolling back mine because of a virus. Nothing to do with here of course.

OverkillZJ
02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for dealin with the crap Matt :cheers:

do you need some cash? id be glad to kick some in...

not to derail, but what happened to the paid user thing?

Hopefully paid-user thing is coming up soon. Honestly I held off, because I had a feeling we'd be moving hosts again. Once I set up the paid-user I want to give people file/picture/video hosting, and a pgh-offroad.com email address. Those are things that are a PITA to move. So I just didn't want to accept money until I knew it was going to be a permanent location.

This host is something I've been researching for awhile, so in a month or so if all is well, they're coming.

muddeprived
02-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't have much $$ but I'm definitely willing to help out here with what I have, being it the paid user thingie or just a donation. :)

ZJ_5.2LIMITED
02-02-2011, 03:07 AM
/\ same here. i thought i noticed the site running a bit slow. i just thought it was cause of the tremendously large, incredibley big, horrendously treacherous snow storm we didnt get. btw, its 41* and raining down here

muddeprived
02-02-2011, 03:37 AM
/\ same here. i thought i noticed the site running a bit slow. i just thought it was cause of the tremendously large, incredibley big, horrendously treacherous snow storm we didnt get. btw, its 41* and raining down here

Raining here too. I'm betting my recently de-iced jeep will become a popsicle once again in the morning.....

SirFuego
02-02-2011, 12:17 PM
For whatever reason, I'm not getting the "scroll lag" anymore that I mentioned previously in one of the tech support treads (I think it was because of the toolbar at th ebottom of the screen). I don't know whether that is a result of the server change or perhaps an update that may have been installed on my computer. Either way, the site in general is working a lot better for me.

OverkillZJ
02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
That's really strange. The "scroll lag" is an issue that should be local to your computer. Truth is, once a web page is fully loaded, the web server has done its job. Until the next click or message - the web server isn't actually doing anything for you.

If you were clicking through threads quickly and trying to scroll before the page fully loaded though, that could've been an issue.

SirFuego
02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
That's really strange. The "scroll lag" is an issue that should be local to your computer. Truth is, once a web page is fully loaded, the web server has done its job.
That's what I figured, too. Although I wasn't sure how that toolbar at the bottom gets "updated", so I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of background communication or heartbeat messaging going on so that the toolbar can update itself in real-time. I don't remember updating IE8, but I was thinking that maybe it was updating via a Windows Update.

CESCO
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I to get the scroll lag it drives me nuts.. not sure what it is or was, I asked some other people about and they said they where just used to it??? hopefully everything is fixed and all down hill from here