PDA

View Full Version : Good car/truck spots

13below0
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Anyone got any good primitive camping sites that you can drive a fullsize truck to? We have a few really good spots in the alleghanys near Warren, and Bradford PA just looking to check out a few new spots this year.

ridgerunner97
03-10-2011, 11:12 PM
There are motorized camp sites in the Forbes State Forest. Some of them are pretty nice but not that far off the so called beaten path.

highlandercj-7
03-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Racoon Creek SP has a primitive side too.

13below0
03-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Highlander, I dont see anything on DCNR's site about primitive camping. Is there any other site to check out or can you PM directions to a good spot. We have found a few nice spots up this way. Nothing crazy but sometimes 4wd is needed to get up the roads. Thats kind of what Im looking for.

TimMichaels
03-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Motorized vehicle campsite in Forbes State Forest on Brethren Summit Road near Elliotsville in Fayette County. Off the beaten path, rough road up the summit, scenic surroundings, and cheap rates. Nearby Quebec Run makes for some nice hiking.

cityslicker
03-14-2011, 10:13 AM
The Forbes people are really nice nice Too. They were going to give me a camping permit before the season started because I told them no matter how it snowed my truck could get in and out. But her boss wouldn't approve it.. But just the way they treated me was awesome. I love it up there it's beautiful.

MemorEsto
03-14-2011, 11:01 AM
J, you can camp back on my property if you want primitive. Cabin and fire ring.

I know there's a few places down near Titusville that have 3 sided "cabins" I can't think of the name of the place though.

13below0
03-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Dont even need a cabin. I got the soft topper for my truck. It works awesome. We were in some pretty heavy rain last year and never got wet. Looking for spots we can drive right up to and camp out of the truck. Thanks