PDA

View Full Version : Santorum in 2012?

MemorEsto
06-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Not sure what to think about him running for President, he's kind of a love / hate guy. I like some things about him, but don't really care about other things.

I'm interested in Herman Cain to see how far he goes.

justin'sbig7
06-07-2011, 08:26 AM
I will have a hard time supporting Rick Santorum. He has filled in on numerous talk radio shows that i listen to and tends to bible thump and gets a bit "holier than thou" on moral issues, to the point where i wonder if he would pass laws limiting freedoms to force "moral behavior". We need moral people in government, not a moral government.

If he gets the R nod, i think its time for a 3rd party. they obviously didnt listen to us last year when we put them back in... (i have been staunchly against a 3rd party BTW)

Super Scout
06-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't know what to think about him either. Looking forward 2012 I would like someone that can beat Obama. As much as he sucks there are still a lot of supporters for him out there. I don't think Santorum will beat him. For the reasons Justin gave, just because you are conservative doesn't mean your a bible thumper. That will cause him to lose to Obama IMHO. I really have no idea who i'll support I just don't want someone who can beat Obama I want someone that can actually fix this mess. Steve Forbes always comes to mind but he ain't gonna run.

justin'sbig7
06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
just because you are conservative doesn't mean your a bible thumper.

Right, conservative doesnt mean bible thumper, but if i didnt hear the crap he was spewing on the radio just after he introduced himself i would have double checked to see if my radio got tuned to sirius left or a religious station by mistake. in fact some folks can get so far right that theres really no difference between them and liberals, the only difference is they want to pass laws that regulate your life for different reasons and i think Santorum is one of those republicrats

Super Scout
06-07-2011, 10:51 AM
^ I agree 100%. My dad always says the difference between a conservative and a liberal is this. If you are listening to music a liberal doesn't like he will want it banned. If you are listening to music a conservative doesn't like he will change the channel. Rick is not like that at the end of the day any law passed is a regulation on our freedom. Some are needed others are overkill.

BUZZINHALFDOZZEN
06-07-2011, 10:55 AM
abrzrkr didn't chime in yet???

Super Scout
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Lol I was thinking the same thing.

JeepSteeler
06-07-2011, 03:09 PM
He hasn't a shot in h*ll of winning, that's about all I can figure out about him at this point.

MemorEsto
06-07-2011, 03:24 PM
These four will probably come out with highest votes so far:
Herman Cain
Newt Gingrich
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum

( In no order)