PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard locations

the stig
06-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey all, new member here. :006: Sorry if this might be a common thread, tried a search and came up with nothing.

Was wondering where some good junkyards are at around here. Been to Millerstown Pic A Part but a lot of stuff was picked clean. Anybody know some other good places like that? I live in Wexford and the closer the better.

the stig
06-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Talk about a dead forum

justin'sbig7
06-12-2011, 07:51 PM
look in the yellow pages. the yards are all about the same around here, grumpy people, hit or miss parts availability, if you call to ask they wont tell you anything (or just say they dont have it)

Sloth_Fratelli
06-12-2011, 10:13 PM
crows run down freedom road. not far from the wex

Davidmichael
06-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Millerstown actually has acres of cars waiting to go to the main pick N pull. They wait till there's nothing left of a car before they junk it.

Just keep checking there website for an updated inventory list.

the stig
06-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Millerstown actually has acres of cars waiting to go to the main pick N pull. They wait till there's nothing left of a car before they junk it.

Just keep checking there website for an updated inventory list.

Yeah I've been there a few times looking for Mustang parts. I went like 6 months apart and 2 of the same ones are still there.

the stig
06-13-2011, 01:47 AM
crows run down freedom road. not far from the wex

Thanks, I'll check it out. How big is the place?

Sloth_Fratelli
06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
not too big, but its not a u-pull it. its kinda confusing to get to if youve never been there before but its like 15-20 mins of 19 and theyve always had what i need.

millerstown is a joke, dont go there. last time i went an employee threatened me with a gun. they dont deserve a penny of my money

3JsWJ
06-13-2011, 01:23 PM
I was just at Crows Run on Saturday. They don't have a huge selection from what I saw. They let me out in the yard to pull parts because I was looking for Nissan Emmission parts. They were pretty helpful and they only charged me $10 for a small handful of parts.
http://www.crowsrunrecycling.com/

the stig
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
last time i went an employee threatened me with a gun.

Really? Why?

bigdogkov
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Other than the old man being a total ass, I have never had a problem at millerstown. Being only a few miles from my house it's real convienient. Of course, I'm usually carrying when I go :)

Davidmichael
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
wow. The guy I bought my Suburban off of is friends with the owner. That's why I check the place out sometimes.

tanz45
06-13-2011, 04:19 PM
I got a ''running'' engine once from crows...had few gallons of rain water in it, even though they pulled it from a car.

Gave me the refund though.

I always use Browns on Green Garden out in Raccoon Twp. They know if they have it before you waste a drive.

They pull.

88wd21
06-13-2011, 06:38 PM
only close u pull it I know of is Millerstown, have I been threatened there? never, and generally get to B.S.ing with random other customers since I never really go with a criteria (and forget what if I do) though the guy at the desk my last couple trips is a little off on his prices. I got 25 bucks invested in roof racks (simple factory ones, and 1 had a ski holder setup or something on it I use for fishing rods) and my last trip there he wanted 30 bucks for just 2 cross bars... I guess trying to balance the payers for the thiefs

Sloth_Fratelli
06-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Really? Why?

i tried to haggle with him on his prices since they charge way too much for random stuff, especially at a u-pull it

the stig
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
i tried to haggle with him on his prices since they charge way too much for random stuff, especially at a u-pull it

Was it the old guy? That's pretty ridiculous

Sloth_Fratelli
06-15-2011, 12:07 PM
it was one of em, every time i went there there was two or three old guys who just make you feel like your bothering them even when your handing them money

cityslicker
06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
the U -pull it down by crick falls has great prices, and tons of shit... I have no Idea the name of it though,, or even the road its on..
I just know where it is..

the stig
06-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check some of these places out.

If anybody has fox body Mustang stuff (which I've been hunting for all along) for sale, let me know

00xj4.0
10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
look on craigs list a guy in north versailes got stuff

ridgerunner97
10-02-2011, 02:25 PM
the U -pull it down by crick falls has great prices, and tons of shit... I have no Idea the name of it though,, or even the road its on..
I just know where it is..

used to be sechrist's u pull it I think, now I don't know what they call it, dawson salvage or something who knows its changed names a few times...up not far from linden hall If I remember right, its been a long while since I was there but last time I was they had a good blend of things including a 14 bolt Full Float DRW someone stashed under a decklid off a taurus LOL

KUGS
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
look on craigs list a guy in north versailes got stuff
Dont buy anything off that guy. He is a con man

village_idiot
10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
There's a small one in west deer. I don't know the name of it, or what road its on, but they have damn good prices. For a steering column they only wanted like 35 bucks. The guys that run it are a little off kilter, and the place looks super shady, but for the price of some of the parts, its worth it.